Clothes v. Cars

Looked up the site for the Houston WNBR and it said that (paraphrase, not quote) part of the idea is that global warming may force us to give up our clothes and cars. If it was a choice, I would keep my car and give up my clothes.

Actually, I suspect a lot of people who are not nudists would give up clothing rather than their cars if forced to make a choice.
How does anyone else feel about this?

This topic was edited
RE:Clothes v. Cars

Cars are the biggest advance ever for personal travel freedom. Bikes second, if you're fit. Losing cars would be a significant step backwards.

This post was edited

No brainer... give up the clothes, keep the car! I suspect given this is supposed to be a nudist website (sometimes I wonder), I doubt you'll get many, if any, nudists giving up their cars.

This post was edited

Absolutely, no clothes needed to live a happy life but transportation at this point is necessary! Hmmm? walk to the grocery store and carry groceries back in my clothes pockets or, enjoy the freedom of shopping naked and driving the food back????

This post was edited

I have a trailer I use with my bike for grocery shopping. It serves me well for the 2.5. mile trip. I still would not give up my cars, and there would be few of us who can survive September through May without clothing. It can even get close to freezing water in July.

This post was edited

I have a trailer I use with my bike for grocery shopping. It serves me well for the 2.5. mile trip. I still would not give up my cars, and there would be few of us who can survive September through May without clothing. It can even get close to freezing water in July.

Probably easier for those who live in warmer climate to give up clothing.
I still suspect that even among non nudists, more people would give up clothing than cars if they lived somewhere reasonably warm.

This post was edited

No question needed for me; I would give up the clothes also.

This post was edited

Giving up my car would not be such a big deal to me, as long as I can keep my two pick-up trucks and my motorcycles.

This post was edited

Giving up my car would not be such a big deal to me, as long as I can keep my two pick-up trucks and my motorcycles.

I am sure that what you say is true, but I was using car in the generic sense of anything that burns a fossil fuel and moves.

This post was edited

Giving up my car would not be such a big deal to me, as long as I can keep my two pick-up trucks and my motorcycles.I am sure that what you say is true, but I was using car in the generic sense of anything that burns a fossil fuel and moves.

Then why didn't you use the term, vehicle, instead of car?

This post was edited

Without a doubt, I'd give up clothes as well.

This post was edited