Male Only Gyms

I have heard and read that up until the 1980's many male only athletic clubs allowed members to be nude throughout the facilities.aw
I personally witnessed two such facilities.
Would anyone else offer to share their experiences?

This topic was edited
RE:Male Only Gyms

I have heard and read that up until the 1980's many male only athletic clubs allowed members to be nude throughout the facilities.awI personally witnessed two such facilities.Would anyone else offer to share their experiences?

Which facilities did you see this in?

This post was edited

Ive been a regular gym attendee since the mid 80s, Ive never encountered anything like you describe.

We visited the Gran Natura resort in Fuerteventura right up until it closed down, they had a good sized gym there. (I never used it preferring the pool.) almost all of the nudists I seen use the equipment wore shorts and a top.

This post was edited

Back around 2008, I went to a gym in Chicago which had totally separate floors for men and women. The first floor was co-Ed and had a small eatery, as well as several work out rooms for step aerobics and the like. Second floor was all women; third was all men. You could as naked as you want in the sauna area and pool. Couldnt be on the exercise equipment nude, though.

This post was edited

Back around 2008, I went to a gym in Chicago which had totally separate floors for men and women. You could as naked as you want in the sauna area and pool.

Do you remember the name of it?

This post was edited

After graduating from college in 1981 I went to work in a small firm. The owner went to a local gym that was gender segregated. I never went with him but as he described it the men were nude in the swimming pool and wet areas (sauna whirlpool steamroom). As stated in so many other posts, male nudity in a male only area was pretty much the norm. - back in the day! I can see how a gender segregated gym would simply allow nude swimming with no second thoughts.

My adventure into nudism came later but my boss loved to talk about it and I can only assume he participated. In retrospect I should have joined his gym!

This post was edited
RE: Male Only Gyms

I was a member of a Male Only gym in my hometown. It was privately owned and started by local businessmen. It featured a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, all of which nudity was permitted. Other areas of the gym, such as the weight rooms and machines, required some clothing to be worm. A few years back, some women complained that they were being excluded unfairly from the gym. The gym decided to allow women access during selected days of the week. After a while, when no other women were showing up, the gym went back to being Men Only. I enjoyed my naked time there. It is a great feeling to be able to skinny dip all year long. Unfortunately, my health issues prevented me to continue my membership there. Once my health is fully restored, I plan on rejoining this club.

This post was edited

After graduating from college in 1981 I went to work in a small firm. The owner went to a local gym that was gender segregated. I never went with him but as he described it the men were nude in the swimming pool and wet areas (sauna whirlpool steamroom). As stated in so many other posts, male nudity in a male only area was pretty much the norm. - back in the day! I can see how a gender segregated gym would simply allow nude swimming with no second thoughts.My adventure into nudism came later but my boss loved to talk about it and I can only assume he participated. In retrospect I should have joined his gym!

Did he ever mention what was or wasn't wor in other areas?

This post was edited

Back around 2008, I went to a gym in Chicago which had totally separate floors for men and women. You could as naked as you want in the sauna area and pool.Do you remember the name of it?

Was clothing required elsewhere?

This post was edited

I was a member of a Male Only gym in my hometown. It was privately owned and started by local businessmen. It featured a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, all of which nudity was permitted. Other areas of the gym, such as the weight rooms and machines, required some clothing to be worm. A few years back, some women complained that they were being excluded unfairly from the gym. The gym decided to allow women access during selected days of the week. After a while, when no other women were showing up, the gym went back to being Men Only. I enjoyed my naked time there. It is a great feeling to be able to skinny dip all year long. Unfortunately, my health issues prevented me to continue my membership there. Once my health is fully restored, I plan on rejoining this club.

What is some?
Shirt and shorts?
Shirt only?
Jockstrap only?

This post was edited

In the very early 1970s I was in a degree program at a well known East Coast university. They had separate gyms for men and women in different parts of the campus. At the indoor pool in the mens gym nudity was REQUIRED because the lint from swim suits would clog the filtration system in the pool. This was regarded as normal and was fairly common.

This post was edited