RE:Nudists and "textiles" in mixed settings. Do they actually "mix"?

Our neighbor girl at our club relocated to Florida several years ago. We were close friends and tears fell when she left of course and secondly she connected to a textile guy who has a temper. We never figured that one out however we are still close and she stays with us when she flies in.
I swore to Luann if her idiot loudmouth hothead BF ever did one of his surprise show ups (jealous type keeping tabs on her) I was getting on the phone and call in all nudist friend we have. He has never challenged Luann in our past and I find that so humorous being he is a self proclaimed bad ass biker. Nudity to him is like Off is to mosquitoes.

This post was edited

Just realized the header for the forum says it is intelligent discussions - this post and subsequent conversation suggest that may be an inaccuracy.

This post was edited

Probably more a plan or goal than a reality.

This post was edited

It seems that people who don't consider themselves nudists are more likely to sleep nude or swim nude a private pool than do other activities so that might be a way to approach the subject.

This post was edited

Just realized the header for the forum says it is intelligent discussions - this post and subsequent conversation suggest that may be an inaccuracy.

You are correct. There is a member I refrain to name that post very frequently and when that happens things run off in the ditch.

This post was edited

Labels are with us and ingrained from an early age. I don't believe that will ever change, but if you are speaking strictly of derogatory labels only, more people seem to be aware of how hurtful they can be. There is a concerted effort to not use them, but in that attempt an new one is used in its place. It may be more acceptable, but is still a label.
What about the labels we can be proud of? Would you stop using them? That list seems to be endless. Here are the ones I tend to like: husband, dad, grandpa, singer, engineer, craftsman, and more. To be sure, nudist is on the list too.

This post was edited

Personally Ive not been in a setting where nudist and textiles is a pleasant feeling in a setting. To much of a non understanding I spose of each other about nudity. I read enough about one spouse is apposed and the other is sneaking around to get naked time in. I do feel for those in that position no doubt. I too lived in a world once where naked was met with intolerance and punishment when "caught" or things discovered.

This post was edited

Labels are with us and ingrained from an early age. I don't believe that will ever change, but if you are speaking strictly of derogatory labels only, more people seem to be aware of how hurtful they can be. There is a concerted effort to not use them, but in that attempt an new one is used in its place. It may be more acceptable, but is still a label.

This is a good point - by labeling themselves as non label people those who say they eschew labels are actually creating a new label. Akin to anarchists who create grouping and association that are ordered in order dismantle the existing order.

Human being have and always will tend towards labels and categorization it is how the social life is established or maintained. The trick is to use labels that are not negative derogatory or limiting in a way that negatively impacts another.

This post was edited

Personally Ive not been in a setting where nudist and textiles is a pleasant feeling in a setting. To much of a non understanding I spose of each other about nudity. I read enough about one spouse is apposed and the other is sneaking around to get naked time in. I do feel for those in that position no doubt. I too lived in a world once where naked was met with intolerance and punishment when "caught" or things discovered.

Luckily for me, my wife is fine with me being nude at home even though she rarely is,
Also knows I go to clothing optional beaches.

This post was edited

Somehow this thread has shifted to "labels". There are those who want no part of being labeled. I am married to one of those types other than she is good when I tell someone she is an artist. That is the only thing. There are folks that are not comfortable being boxed in by being described and labeled.

My wife has been a home nudist for 25 yrs, socially for 10. We do many things with our nudist friends and to this day she will tell at least me she is not a nudist. I understand where she is coming from...she does not like being labeled.

This post was edited