Mens Groups Disappearing

Lately I have notice more and more mens groups disappearing from society. Bowling leagues or golf leagues or basic get togethers seem to be disappearing extremely fast. Guys do not seem to want to chat with each other or even get together and have "guy time"; even Fred and Barney on The Flintstones had The Water Buffalo group they belonged to.

Here to chat and meet other positive minded guys who are interested in a good conversation [definitely no politics no matter what political party you enjoy]. Be kind, be respectful, be positive is the type of guys I enjoy chatting with. Topics from A to Z as well; Finance, Arts/Theater, basically anything to keep our brains working.

Would be great to hear others perspectives or if I am just off base and not in the right area to find mens groups.... Hope to hear from members here and always glad to Skype Chat or Wickr as well.

This topic was edited
RE:Mens Groups Disappearing

This may be partly due to how people can an do meet. Clubs / groups are less necessary as there are more places like resorts and even beaches that can be found online to meet. Likewise, formal clubs / groups with memberships and dues are less necessary as people can go to online sites like TrueNudists and MeetUp.com to find people looking to get together for shared interests and activities.

This post was edited

That is exactly what I mean and you proved my point; there are no GROUPS that get together like bowling leagues, card playing leagues, etc. Everything now is one off meets and if I had a penny for every cancellation I would be richer than Musk and Bezos combined.

This post was edited

I know what you mean. When I left Ohio in 2007 I went to events and guys nights like crazy between Cleveland, Akron and Pittsburgh, PA. Now none of those groups are together and not many people are remotely interested in getting together for anything since I moved back to the area in January. It's kind of depressing.

This post was edited

I noticed this a while ago. My father was a Mason. I remember decades ago that you had to join the Masons "under your own volition." Nowadays their numbers are so low they're recruiting. When my father passed away and had his services at the Masonic Temple, some of the members were coming after me, my brothers and cousins to become members. My dad was also a member of The Odd Fellows, and according to my mom that group almost no longer exists. I've heard that some American Liegion Posts have closed Our generation weren't exactly joiners of such groups and organizations, and the generation behind us would rather text each other than meet face-to-face, so they're probably not gonna get initiated and wear funny hats just to get together from time to time. We didn't.

This post was edited