RE:Celebrate birthdays

Definitely birthday suit birthday celebrations are the best.I like the opposite: theme parties:)

Birthday suits could be the theme.

This post was edited

Fixing to celebrate my 3/4 Century (75) birthday Friday Feb. 3rd. Yes it will be in my birthday suit! LOL

This post was edited

Fixing to celebrate my 3/4 Century (75) birthday Friday Feb. 3rd. Yes it will be in my birthday suit! LOL

Congratulations! Louisiana has a good climate for being nude in February.
Are Mardi Gras celebrations happening on your birthday in a year with an early Easter?

This post was edited

FOR SURE!

This post was edited

Fixing to celebrate my 3/4 Century (75) birthday Friday Feb. 3rd. Yes it will be in my birthday suit! LOLAre Mardi Gras celebrations happening on your birthday in a year with an early Easter?

As someone in the same age group also with a February birthday, I was curious and looked things up. The earliest possible date for Ash Wednesday is February 4. Mardi Gras will not fall on February 3 again until 2085. Don't know how early those celebrations start, but I suppose that you could do an unofficial celebration that will last until the official date.
My sister-in-law claims that you are allowed to celebrate for as many days after your birthday as the number of years since you were born. I don't think I could handle a 73 day long celebration and certainly not wearing my birthday suit the entire time.

This post was edited

Fixing to celebrate my 3/4 Century (75) birthday Friday Feb. 3rd. Yes it will be in my birthday suit! LOLAre Mardi Gras celebrations happening on your birthday in a year with an early Easter?As someone in the same age group also with a February birthday, I was curious and looked things up. The earliest possible date for Ash Wednesday is February 4. Mardi Gras will not fall on February 3 again until 2085. Don't know how early those celebrations start, but I suppose that you could do an unofficial celebration that will last until the official date.My sister-in-law claims that you are allowed to celebrate for as many days after your birthday as the number of years since you were born. I don't think I could handle a 73 day long celebration and certainly not wearing my birthday suit the entire time.

I am aware that the chances of the actual date of Mardi Gras being that early are extremely rare.
However, in the New Orleans area, the festivities start well before the actual date and that was the reason for my question.

This post was edited

Don't know how early those celebrations start, but I suppose that you could do an unofficial celebration that will last until the official date.I am aware that the chances of the actual date of Mardi Gras being that early are extremely rare.However, in the New Orleans area, the festivities start well before the actual date and that was the reason for my question.

I guess my question is just how early do the celebrations start? I've never had a birthday without snow on the ground and several have fallen on Ash Wednesday, a Catholic day of fast and abstinence. I turned 21 on one of those Wednesdays, so we celebrated on Tuesday. A tradition here, especially for those of us of Polish decent, get paczkis as the last indulgence before lent begins. They go on sale at least a week before and today are just a Bismarck. The Polish bakery where I grew up sold only those with prune filling and rolled in granulated sugar.

Now to get back on the original topic, though my birthday is at the end of February, I have spent at least part of it in my birthday suit on many of those years.

This post was edited