RE:Fully Commando Now

Why are you forcing yourself into going commando? What is exceptional about lack underwear that you would force yourself.

This post was edited

im trying to force myself into this by only making new purchases of underwear if they are interesting/sexy/revealing/ or otherwise minimal. As my pile of boxer briefs wear out and get tossed they arent getting replaced leaving me with no option but to go commando or with something that provides less coverage.

I tried tangas and thongs as an option when I was in the process of reducing my underwear but liked then even less. I soon tossed all of it and didn't want to wear any underwear again!

This post was edited

i still wear under wear from time to time, but more and more i seem to be going commando. Pull up shorts or sweats is all i put on to run errands out and about and at the gym during workouts. i just started wearing hoodies without a shirt too. alot easier when your not layering a lot of clothes and less laundry too.

This post was edited

im trying to force myself into this by only making new purchases of underwear if they are interesting/sexy/revealing/ or otherwise minimal. As my pile of boxer briefs wear out and get tossed they arent getting replaced leaving me with no option but to go commando or with something that provides less coverage.

I tried the not buying underwear and getting rid of a pair when it wore out and eventually running out. However my wife noticed that I wasn't wearing underwear on some days and much of what I had was wearing out. She bought me 6 new ones and opened the package and put them in my drawer so I couldn't return them. This was shortly after I had bought the tangas and thongs, so I had more underwear than ever. Since my normal supply was about 12, I got rid of all but 10 because I thought that I should have less than usual, not more. I soon went to 6 and then 3. Paused a while and went to 1 and then 0. Should have gotten rid of it all when I retired.

This post was edited

I quit wearing underwear when I started working from home during the pandemic. I just wore sweat pants if it was too cold, or nothing. I wore underwear a couple of times when I had an appointment with the dermatologist because I didn't want to embarrass her when she did my full body exam.

I kept one pair for the dermatologist for a while and then wore a solid swim brief so I didn't need to have underwear that I only wore a few times a year. Finally asked the dermatologist how he he felt about examining a nude patient and he said that it made his job easier and the examination more thorough. Haven't worn anything for my exam since. Should have asked sooner.

This post was edited

i still wear under wear from time to time, but more and more i seem to be going commando. Pull up shorts or sweats is all i put on to run errands out and about and at the gym during workouts. i just started wearing hoodies without a shirt too. alot easier when your not layering a lot of clothes and less laundry too.

I wore pull on shorts and sweats without underwear for many years before I took the plunge and freeballed under pants and shorts with zippers.
Once I did, I wished I had started sooner.

This post was edited

"Force" is probably the wrong word choice for that statement, but I am trying to get more minimal in my choices (not just in underwear but in most clothing I have). the only times i really "need" underwear is playing rugby/running/spot because i have athletic thighs and need an extra layer of protection between my thighs to prevent chafing/rubbing. In those instances i wear compression shorts mostly.

I think the process of not replacing something once it has reached the end of its useful life is a common practice for people who are trying to make their lives more minimal and focus on having only what they need and use vs. acquiring stuff (clothes, household items, decor, tools, etc.) because they want them. The only thing i would consider exceptions to this are art and books and things that dont have a "practical" use but are very important and provide color, vibrancy, beauty, conversation, and thought provocation.

This post was edited

"Force" is probably the wrong word choice for that statement, but I am trying to get more minimal in my choices (not just in underwear but in most clothing I have). the only times i really "need" underwear is playing rugby/running/spot because i have athletic thighs and need an extra layer of protection between my thighs to prevent chafing/rubbing. In those instances i wear compression shorts mostly.I think the process of not replacing something once it has reached the end of its useful life is a common practice for people who are trying to make their lives more minimal and focus on having only what they need and use vs. acquiring stuff (clothes, household items, decor, tools, etc.) because they want them. The only thing i would consider exceptions to this are art and books and things that dont have a "practical" use but are very important and provide color, vibrancy, beauty, conversation, and thought provocation.

A quicker way than not replacing for clothes is to put dividers in your closets and drawers and move everything to one side. When you wear something, put it back on the other side. After a year, get rid of anything on the original side.

This post was edited

"Force" is probably the wrong word choice for that statement, but I am trying to get more minimal in my choices (not just in underwear but in most clothing I have). the only times i really "need" underwear is playing rugby/running/spot because i have athletic thighs and need an extra layer of protection between my thighs to prevent chafing/rubbing. In those instances i wear compression shorts mostly.I think the process of not replacing something once it has reached the end of its useful life is a common practice for people who are trying to make their lives more minimal and focus on having only what they need and use vs. acquiring stuff (clothes, household items, decor, tools, etc.) because they want them. The only thing i would consider exceptions to this are art and books and things that dont have a "practical" use but are very important and provide color, vibrancy, beauty, conversation, and thought provocation.
Someone else on this board went that route to the extreme and he decided to stop buying clothes when he retired. Eventually he didn't have enough in good shape for the rare occasions when he had to be well dressed. He has a partner around the same time who let him borrow something. A while after that, he had so little wearable clothing that he gave his partner the few items he had and owned no clothing except shoes and outerwear.

This post was edited

Understood. For my two nets worth it will come really naturally as you spend more time clothes free and in naturist environments. As someone who speaks the bulk of my time clothes free when not working it not really a thought to pull on underwear when getting dressed to go out. In fact I always have to remind myself for work because it feels so natural to be without. Mind still have to keep a some in the drawer for work situations but other than that doesnt really make a big deal.

"Force" is probably the wrong word choice for that statement, but I am trying to get more minimal in my choices (not just in underwear but in most clothing I have). the only times i really "need" underwear is playing rugby/running/spot because i have athletic thighs and need an extra layer of protection between my thighs to prevent chafing/rubbing. In those instances i wear compression shorts mostly.

This post was edited