NYE reflection - did nudism advance in 2022?

Good nudie folks its time to reflect - the new year is nearly here! As a global community and lifestyle did we advance and progress in 2022?

I am certain the rate of folks finding the joy of nudie life has slowed - perhaps that's due to the covid restrictions being lifted and folks being returned to more public or shared environments.

The greater population and public perception and the 'face' of the nudie community and lifestyle has arguably not changed. It still has the overwhelming appearance of being led by and the dominance of what the greater population call 'dirty old men'.

We did not gain any new 'legal' clothing optional beaches in the State where I live, and arguably all of Australia. In fact in one State we had to fight to hang on to one beach. We gained no relief or change in legislation regarding public nudity.

But it is not all bleak:

Nudity is starting to be seen and understood as part of greater wellness, and the benefits of improved self esteem through self-confidence and less concern over body image appears to be on the rise.

The LGBTIQA community and their rites to be able to wear swim wear that fits with how they identify themselves is driving change in the broader communities view of breast exposure/coverage across gender identities.

These are small but significant changes that are a work in progress; but we still need to address the issues I raise above.

Keen to hear how others see where we as a global community are at and what needs to be done to enable far greater enjoyment of the simply freedom to be nude.

Happy new year to all no matter where you are and how naked you may find yourself tonight!

This topic was edited
RE:NYE reflection - did nudism advance in 2022?

Here in California, I haven't seen much difference. No changes in laws, for better or for worse. No increase in publicity, either good or bad. It's possible that there's a generation coming up that will treat nudity with some respect, given that individual rights seem to matter more to them. But the effects, if any, will probably not be visible for some time.

This post was edited

Here in California, I haven't seen much difference. No changes in laws, for better or for worse. No increase in publicity, either good or bad. It's possible that there's a generation coming up that will treat nudity with some respect, given that individual rights seem to matter more to them. But the effects, if any, will probably not be visible for some time.

But what are the laws in California like - are they liberal enough already to give our community opportunity and equality to live the way we like?

There may be no need for change in jurisdictions; but still this leaves open the other issues I have highlighted and for me particularly the issue of how our community discards the 'dirty old man' views held by the general population.

This post was edited

nude4070 wrote:
But what are the laws in California like - are they liberal enough already to give our community opportunity and equality to live the way we like?

Not really. Nudity is still a ticketable offense in almost all communities, and in the National Forest areas. There are a few nude beaches where people can congregate in safety, and some public things like gay parades where the cops have agreed not to prosecute anybody who participates in the nude. A few concert venues are heard to be "nude-friendly" while not actually sanctioning nudity. And if you go camping on NF or BLM land out in the boonies, you can be reasonably sure that no one will be around to be bothered about your nudity.

And there are a half a dozen resorts where nudism is the norm, and a few "mind and body" centers where it's allowed, but that's about it.

This post was edited