Looking into which WNBR to do for 2023

I am in the early stages of figuring out which WNBR rides to do this summer. Probably only going to do somewhere between 3-5 of them this year as opposed to the 8 rides in 7 cities I did last summer. I am going to try to do rides in cities that I have not done before since my bucket list is to do every ride in the U.S. and most of them in Canada. So far I have done New Orleans (2019 & 2021) Montreal (2019 and 2 rides in 2022) Philadelphia (2019 &2022) Austin TX (2022), Madison and Milwaukee WI (2022) Chicago (2022) St. Louis, MO (2022). While I may do a repeat or 2, I really want to do someplace new. Since a lot of the rides have not announced the dates yet, this will be an ongoing process.
If anyone has attended any of the rides or has any info on them, especially in the east and Midwest I would be interested in any info or your experience with the ride. I may do a west coast ride or maybe even 2 if they are a week apart if I can work out the logistics.

This topic was edited
RE:Looking into which WNBR to do for 2023

I am in the early stages of figuring out which WNBR rides to do this summer. Probably only going to do somewhere between 3-5 of them this year as opposed to the 8 rides in 7 cities I did last summer. I am going to try to do rides in cities that I have not done before since my bucket list is to do every ride in the U.S. and most of them in Canada. So far I have done New Orleans (2019 & 2021) Montreal (2019 and 2 rides in 2022) Philadelphia (2019 &2022) Austin TX (2022), Madison and Milwaukee WI (2022) Chicago (2022) St. Louis, MO (2022). While I may do a repeat or 2, I really want to do someplace new. Since a lot of the rides have not announced the dates yet, this will be an ongoing process.If anyone has attended any of the rides or has any info on them, especially in the east and Midwest I would be interested in any info or your experience with the ride. I may do a west coast ride or maybe even 2 if they are a week apart if I can work out the logistics.

I have read that London is probably the largest and best, but flights are expensive.

This post was edited

I was going to suggest Columbus, Ohio, but it has been a night ride, typically starting at 9 pm -10 pm, on the 2nd Saturday in June. However, they like to keep any details a secret until the last week, or so. . . sometimes, the last few days . . . making plans difficult, if you are coming from out-of-town. No hints, yet for this year, 2023, I don't even know if a WNBR is in the planning stage, for that city. :-/

This post was edited

I was going to suggest Columbus, Ohio, but it has been a night ride, typically starting at 9 pm -10 pm, on the 2nd Saturday in June. However, they like to keep any details a secret until the last week, or so. . . sometimes, the last few days . . . making plans difficult, if you are coming from out-of-town. No hints, yet for this year, 2023, I don't even know if a WNBR is in the planning stage, for that city. :-/

Columbus is one of the ones I am considering, but yes a lot of these rides don't announce details until a day or 2 before the ride. That makes it kind of difficult when coming in from out of town. Several of the rides I did were night rides by necessity. Austin, since it was over 100 degrees during the day, but cooled down to about 90 when the ride began, Chicago and the second ride in Montreal. St Louis started late in the afternoon, it was dark at the finish.

This post was edited

It seems to rain often on ride nite, in Columbus. in 2022, it was on the cool side of 60 with showers in the area. In some previous years, it has rained hard just before the ride. I am happy to say I found a few dry rides, like the one in my profile pics. :-))

This post was edited

So far I have 2 rides scheduled. Buffalo 7/22/23 and Houston 9/9/23. I am still waiting for other dates to be announced, and would like to do rides that I have not done before. I may do a repeat ride or 2 but that is not a priority. 2 of the ones I am thinking of are Boston and Columbus. I would appreciate any information on either of these by someone that has participated or better yet is involved in the organization of them

This post was edited

So far I have 2 rides scheduled. Buffalo 7/22/23 and Houston 9/9/23. I am still waiting for other dates to be announced, and would like to do rides that I have not done before. I may do a repeat ride or 2 but that is not a priority. 2 of the ones I am thinking of are Boston and Columbus. I would appreciate any information on either of these by someone that has participated or better yet is involved in the organization of them

Any further thoughts on additional rides?

This post was edited

Columbus is one of the ones I am considering, . . .

As of June 1st 2023. . . I have recently learned that the Columbus ride has been, or will be, scheduled for sometime in August, 2023. This info might be posted somewhere else, but I saw it on their FaceBook page. . . . The month is all that I know, so far.

This post was edited

As of June 1st 2023. . . I have recently learned that the Columbus ride has been, or will be, scheduled for sometime in August, 2023. This info might be posted somewhere else, but I saw it on their FaceBook page. . . . The month is all that I know, so far.

August would work for me. The problem in getting info on the rides is I am not, and refuse to be on Facebook. Some of the rides distribute info strictly on members only pages on Facebook, so my only source of info is if someone that rides in them contact me through this or other sites.

This post was edited

As of June 1st 2023. . . I have recently learned that the Columbus ride has been, or will be, scheduled for sometime in August, 2023. This info might be posted somewhere else, but I saw it on their FaceBook page. . . . The month is all that I know, so far.August would work for me. The problem in getting info on the rides is I am not, and refuse to be on Facebook. Some of the rides distribute info strictly on members only pages on Facebook, so my only source of info is if someone that rides in them contact me through this or other sites.

Are there specific cities that interest you other than Columbus and Buffalo?
I will check from time to time and let you know when I see something.

This post was edited

As of June 1st 2023. . . I have recently learned that the Columbus ride has been, or will be, scheduled for sometime in August, 2023. This info might be posted somewhere else, but I saw it on their FaceBook page. . . . The month is all that I know, so far.August would work for me. The problem in getting info on the rides is I am not, and refuse to be on Facebook. Some of the rides distribute info strictly on members only pages on Facebook, so my only source of info is if someone that rides in them contact me through this or other sites.Are there specific cities that interest you other than Columbus and Buffalo?I will check from time to time and let you know when I see something.

Just saw that Columbus is August 5. How does that coordinate with your time in western NY?
Also, I know you said that you are not particularly looking for repeats, but Philly was rated best in the US and their date is August 26.

This post was edited