RE:Tops no longer required for Berlin pools

It's always an issue of legal rights vs. social acceptance. People generally want to go with the flow and blend in, until they realize that the price to their own sense of personal freedom is too high. In the 70s wearing Speedos was common for men in the US, but now board shorts are the norm. Somehow it seems that women are allowed to be "sexy" in public, whereas sexy men are perceived as a threat to public safety. Local ordinances may vary, but if G-strings and thongs at public events are tolerated on women, it's doubtful men would get away with it. In the name of equality, perhaps both men and women should settle on wearing bikinis and board shorts. What a weird world it is!

This post was edited

Great to hear that, it's about time.

This post was edited

It's always an issue of legal rights vs. social acceptance. People generally want to go with the flow and blend in, until they realize that the price to their own sense of personal freedom is too high. In the 70s wearing Speedos was common for men in the US, but now board shorts are the norm. Somehow it seems that women are allowed to be "sexy" in public, whereas sexy men are perceived as a threat to public safety. Local ordinances may vary, but if G-strings and thongs at public events are tolerated on women, it's doubtful men would get away with it. In the name of equality, perhaps both men and women should settle on wearing bikinis and board shorts. What a weird world it is!

I'm not about to settle for board shorts when I can't swim nude. I want something briefer and lighter weight.

This post was edited

Local ordinances may vary, but if G-strings and thongs at public events are tolerated on women, it's doubtful men would get away with it.Interesting observation. My guess is that the main problem with a thong mankini is that it might display things a little too graphically on the front side. Not different than a Speedo really. If it was not too revealing, then it would hard discriminate against that choice in beachwear in a setting where it is being commonly worn by women.

This post was edited

Local ordinances may vary, but if G-strings and thongs at public events are tolerated on women, it's doubtful men would get away with it.Interesting observation. My guess is that the main problem with a thong mankini is that it might display things a little too graphically on the front side. Not different than a Speedo really. If it was not too revealing, then it would hard discriminate against that choice in beachwear in a setting where it is being commonly worn by women.

When I bought my convertible, a friend who knew I liked to be minimally dressed asked me if was going to drive in a swim brief with the top down.
I replied that since I would be sitting I would wear a thong instead.
Actually, I sometimes drive my convertible with the top down in a swim brief, but never have in a thong or g string.

This post was edited

My guess is that the main problem with a thong mankini is that it might display things a little too graphically on the front side. Not different than a Speedo really. If it was not too revealing, then it would hard discriminate against that choice in beachwear in a setting where it is being commonly worn by women.

Exactly what may a man reveal regarding his penis? The rules of acceptability aren't clear. It seems that a woman may show her full breast size with skin exposed with the exception of her areola. Feminist ideology considers the penis a form of body weaponry and its display a signaling of warfare or violence. Therefore, only fully hiding it behind a curtain of textiles such as board shorts seems appropriate. In other words, a woman showing the counters of her breast nipple is deemed sexy and legitimate, but the contours of a corona ridge which are clear enough to discern if a man is circumcised is not. In this regard, flat-stomached men, with penises that protude without hiding under the overhang of a few inches of body fat are also considered more aggressive and a threat to society.

This post was edited