Nude in my backyard-SC state law

span/span
Indecent exposure;
(A)(1) It is unlawful for a person to wilfully, maliciously,
and indecently expose his person in a public place, on property of others, or to
the view of any person on a street or highway. (2) This subsection does not apply to a woman who breastfeeds
her own child in a public place, on property of others, to the view of any
person on a street or highway, or any other place where a woman and her child
are authorized to be.
Since my backyard is visible only from my neighbor's private property, it seems to me that as the law is written, I have every legalright to be nude in my backyard should I choose.My yard is heavily planted for privacy purposes and I take care to sunbathe out of sight. I have no intention of offending anyone but it seems that if my bare butt was spotted while jumping into the hot tub, I would not be in violation of the law. Any thoughts on this?

This topic was edited
RE: Nude in my backyard-SC state law

The first thing that anyone should know is:

DO NOT PlAY LAWYER ON THE INTERNET! IF YOU DO GET ARRESTED! THEN THIS KIND OF TOPIC CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS!

With that WARNING out of the way. My own personal feelings is:

I would NOT go outside nude. It just takes ONE TIME to be outside and even though you are not hurting anyone. It just a naked human being living and breathing. I would not do it at all.

Thank you!

PS: I admit I am boring and a looser. I am sorry if I offend anyone. Just that I feel strongly that when you are in the right place at the right time. Please be naked and enjoy your time. I just would feel awful if a poster here listened. Then even if you agree the law says "You can be naked" then you are still arrested. Still go to court. The whole entire process is not fun at all and very scary if you are not by occupation a lawyer.

This post was edited

Recommendation: Speak with the neighbor. Tell them you enjoy skinnydipping and sunbathing sans suit. Ask if this is a problem for
them. Get a notarized statement from him/them. What about putting up some white lattice fence with a USB board painted white behind it. That's what we did when we lived in Columbia.
OR
You can come visit us any time. We have a fully secluded back yard, hot tub, volleyball, ladder toss, horseshoes just southeast and adjacent to Columbia, 1 mile off of Garners Ferry Rd. Email travelites@prodigy.net or call the club #. We hope to have a pool shortly.

This post was edited

I don't believe you would be in violation of the law, because you are not on your neighbor's property. As long as you are on your property, you can be nude in your back yard, as there is no direct street in front of it where the public can view you.

Officers in our fair state have been know to arrest in this instance. They don't know the law it seems, and it can be costly getting it dismissed. Would be better to err on the side of caution.

This post was edited