The Bond

This has been something that's been on my mind for quite a while now. Do you believe that nudism strengthens the bond in marriages? I mean, if a couple who practices nudism get married, it'll be for so much more than looks. I imagine you would far more likely fall in love with the person's personality. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Am I way off base? Are you a married couple who can confirm/deny this? Over and out!

This topic was edited
RE: The Bond

Radman - I'm not sure I would agree - and I'm open to having not followed what you are trying to ask in your question - but having been married for a long time - to a great woman - I was attracted to and fell in love with her with (mostly) her clothes on. I don't think our bond would have been stronger/weaker had nudism been part of the equation. If however you are asking about falling for someone that you met while in a nudist situation - then I think the only "advantage" you might have over having met her in a textile situation is that her body is not hidden/enhanced/decorated - and you fell for her in spite of/because of that state of being. Either way - I don't think a strong arguement could be made that nudism has a lot to do with the spark that catches fire leading to a life partner. I'd strongly recommend that you look for what is inside and make sure that makes you happy - the outside becomes somewhat irrelevent if you love the inside.
Hope that helps.

This post was edited

My husband and I have beem married for over 17 years. We met because we were both nudists. Met online before it was fashionable.

This post was edited

I don't believe that nudism has any bearing on the strength of a marriage bond. Doing things as a couple helps to strengthen the marriage bond, but doing some thing alone, with the spouse's blessing will usually have no bearing on a couple's devotion to each other. If a marriage is weak, nudism could be used as a convenient excuse for ending the relationship, but it is not really the cause.

This post was edited

I don't believe that nudism has any bearing on the strength of a marriage bond. Doing things as a couple helps to strengthen the marriage bond, but doing some thing alone, with the spouse's blessing will usually have no bearing on a couple's devotion to each other. If a marriage is weak, nudism could be used as a convenient excuse for ending the relationship, but it is not really the cause.

AND....it can be used by the non-nudist spouse in a divorce case or custody battle.

This post was edited

Alrighty, pehaps I need to make the question more clear. My apologizes, I'm usually terrible wiith trying to get a point across, so forgive me for that ^ ^" When I was forming the question, I was thinking that a couple that partook in nudism would be stronger in forms of communication and trust. Like, if a couple were to partake in nudism, they'll be able to talk about shared experiences, as well as not use their body to solve some problems that may occur while a couple is together (using sex and what not to avoid problems.) I mention trust as well because nudists have seen the human body in all its forms, shapes, colors, etc for a long time and as such there would be less jealousy issues, as well as much more sexual maturity and lessen the probability of an affair.

I kinda realize that most of what I said is probably issues that would happen pre-marriage, so maybe I should've asked if it strengthens a couple's chance for happiness, beside from marriage. In a marriage, people have known each other for years, and already love their spouse with all their heart. Nudism isn't reequired to make a marriage's bond stronger and I'm sorry if it sounded like that's was what I was implying.

Now, I asked this question because we live in a time where the divorce rate is high. Single parent homes and divorces, which used to be a rarity in the past, is now commonplace, and probably expected. Nowadays not having a divorce is an accomplishment in itself. Speaks volumes, eh? (Upon further research, I learned that the divorce rate has fallen recently due to economic hardships, mainly) I suppose originally I was curious to see if a marriage in which the partners practice nudism would make them closer, but I see now it's not the case since nudism is simply an activity one partakes; no real difference from a marriage where the partners plays golf, paint airplanes, collect coins; simply an activity that can be shared. Once again, apologize for the confusion of the initial question.

This post was edited

My opinion is that a lot depends whether social nudity is genuinely in bith parties' interests or is the other just "doing a favour" for significant other in partaking activities of social nudity.

IMHO, marriage in this issue is far from being relevant, though in some cultures it is a "normal state" if couple is together for longer and/or has kids together. Nevertheless, there also plenty of countries where marriage not very common, like in all Scandinavian countries well over 50% of kids are born out of wedlock - not out of lack of commitment but as many people feel state's interference in sanctioning forms of cohabitation is totally obsolete in modern society and both parties' as well as kids' interests can be safeguarded well or even better without any official partnership called marriage.

This post was edited

I think that being nudists, especially if you became nudist after the marrige can help strengthen the bond, When I met my husband he was a nudist, and I was well aware of his choices and reasons, he introduced me to the lifestyle, and even though I had been educated by him as to what to espect, I still had my own perceptions. So with that in mind, I believe that being able to participate and be nude in social settings helps develope a very profound sense of trust, which is a cornerstone to a healthy relationship.

This post was edited

This post was edited

I would say that if you are a nudist that it helps. My ex-wife was not a nudist and frowned up on me if I went to a nude beach. I think it gives the two of you one more thing to do with each other that you enjoy.

This post was edited

The bond! HHmmmm,to me, it is the story of us! I am the more open nudist.....she is the closet one! We are still best buddies married 44 1/2 yrs, High School Sweethearts for almost 49 yrs. I show a lot of pics.....she is very reserved about doing so! Does she like me on these sites??? Not really! She tolerates though, thank goodnerss!

I will borrow an old saying that we "live by"................."In the shelter of each other, we will live! You should never walk alone"!

This post was edited