RE: You cant even spell how can you possibly be so smart?

The only reason I have "attacked" him is because he is admitedly here to get into bed with as many women as possible. He is NOT a nudist in my book, he is here for sex. He may also be here for to pimp his way of thinking, but that is secondary. If I had anything to do with it, he would be gone.
I was thinking that Manny was a nutand if he's harmless then what's the big deal. But if what Marc has stated in the quote is true, then the nut should go. We should not be wasting this much time on a perv or troll. If that's what you really feel he is then blow the whistle and hit him with the red flag.

This post was edited

nakednlouisville
I wouldn't like to comment on American lazyness or arrogance but it was Martin Parrott in his book Grammer for English Language Teachers that referred to English as the Lingua Franca, drawing on the resources of the Cambridge International Corpus, a 'vast database of over one billion(UK)words of real Englishgathered from a wide selection of sources'. It is now estimated that more people in the world speak English as a second language as speak it as a first. Clearly the dominance of US media, particularly films has helped with the spread of English, but the US is only one place where it is spoken. It also has a lot to do with the reach of what was once known as the British Empire which, as you will know, was the largest there has ever been and covered 1/3rd of the globe. Many Brits also do not speak a language other than English, mainly because as everyone else generally learns English, learning another language is not given such priority here, or at least was not when I was young.
To be fair what language should your students or us learn? Spanish?, Manderin?, Klingon?!!! The one uniform language in India is English, its probably the same in China, certainly in the most advanced parts of China such as Hong Kong and Shanghi. Both these places had major input fromGreat Britain. The rest of the world is not learning English because Americans or Brits won't learn a foreign language. They are learning it because the rest of the world is learning it!

This post was edited

Wow, what a fooforall! Amazing the number of people who are going off half cocked before even knowing the source of the problem! Somers, you gotta read your own posts. Other than the last about English, they constantly tell others to stop doing what you do copiously. Believe me, others notice. NiMa, your post was fine and was NOT insulting at all but informative and helpful. It blows me away that people can read so much into such a concise, clear bit of useful info. Everyone has to try to understand that there are lots of people who only want the best for this site which means they will try to fix problems and misuse. There is LOTS of misuse, including by MannyOceans. A few goofy comments on his brain power should probably go unanswered. They were unkind. But not everyone deserves our respect. Lots practically demand a dressing-down. As Manny himself said, he's only here for the women and thinks by tooting his own rather tenuous horn, they will flock. Please, Manny, if you're reading this, let us know how that's working for you!

This post was edited

Somers, on another note, more than once you derided (look it up) NiMa for making up words. Did you even bother to check behooves online? Do you own a dictionary? It's in mine! It means to benefit. And you would benefit from less caustic remarks and more thoughtful care. Please stop attacking others for attacking others. It's laughable.

This post was edited

Good job, Marc. Research first, comments second. haha!

This post was edited