RE:Men in shorts shorts

Goose, I put up a link for one in a different thread somewhere, but found it had the fabric on the flaps stretched too tight - consequently the hem wants to rise and reveal more than intended. I was contemplating adding a chain or some other weight to the hem to counter that (a quick test with a bulldog clip suggests that's all it needs), but otherwise it's not satisfactory, even when I up-sized. Other manufacturers may be better, but expect a crap shoot if ordering online. Perhaps starting with a t-shirt, cutting the lower part off, turning it upside down and adding a method of staying up is the better option. You can probably then experiment with the length to your satisfaction, too.

This post was edited

Goose, I put up a link for one in a different thread somewhere, but found it had the fabric on the flaps stretched too tight - consequently the hem wants to rise and reveal more than intended. I was contemplating adding a chain or some other weight to the hem to counter that (a quick test with a bulldog clip suggests that's all it needs), but otherwise it's not satisfactory, even when I up-sized. Other manufacturers may be better, but expect a crap shoot if ordering online. Perhaps starting with a t-shirt, cutting the lower part off, turning it upside down and adding a method of staying up is the better option. You can probably then experiment with the length to your satisfaction, too.

I saw someone on the trail from the parking lot to the clothing optional section at Gunnison who did that. he said he cut the bottom off an old t-shirt, ran a thin elastic cord through the bottom hem, opened the sides and used it for a cover up. Seemed to work on the trail but when I first saw him getting out of his car while I was sitting next to it in mine, I could see everything without trying to.

This post was edited

No different to a miniskirt, then!

This post was edited

No different to a miniskirt, then!

The sides were completely open.

This post was edited

No different to a miniskirt, then!The sides were completely open.

... and unlike many and probably most women wearing miniskirts, he was wearing nothing underneath.

This post was edited

I've been reading the comments on this topic and checking out the great photos posted. My curiosity got the better of me and I just HAD to get out a few of the short-shorts that I wear when mowing the front yard, and measure them. (The back yard gets mowed nude.) My longest, every day, shorts that I mow in, measure 3" in the inseam. I have two pair that measure 2". And one pair has virtually NO inseam at all. Those are a pair of nylon running shorts, with NO liner, that are split up to the waistband. They are not like the "mini-skirt", flap type mentioned here earlier, in that they HAVE "legs". The thing about these shorts is that they are SO short and the side slit is VERY open and the slightest breeze opens the lightweight nylon right up. I have YET to mow the front yard with these shorts WITHOUT A SHIRT... but THAT may happen later this year when the weather gets hotter.

This post was edited

I've been reading the comments on this topic and checking out the great photos posted. My curiosity got the better of me and I just HAD to get out a few of the short-shorts that I wear when mowing the front yard, and measure them. (The back yard gets mowed nude.) My longest, every day, shorts that I mow in, measure 3" in the inseam. I have two pair that measure 2". And one pair has virtually NO inseam at all. Those are a pair of nylon running shorts, with NO liner, that are split up to the waistband. They are not like the "mini-skirt", flap type mentioned here earlier, in that they HAVE "legs". The thing about these shorts is that they are SO short and the side slit is VERY open and the slightest breeze opens the lightweight nylon right up. I have YET to mow the front yard with these shorts WITHOUT A SHIRT... but THAT may happen later this year when the weather gets hotter.

Do you mow the front lawn shirtless in the other shorts?
Do you wear the other shorts places besides mowing the front yard?

This post was edited

@Tanner48 - They look perfectly respectable to me as you've shown them.

This post was edited

Minimalist75, I don't normally mow the front yard without a shirt of some sort. The weather has not been hot enough for that...yet. I expect it will be...soon. And, yes. I wear some of my short-shorts around town, shopping, etc. (with a t-shirt, mostly). This is a resort town and "skimpy attire" is not unusual in the shops. The 3" Rugger brand shorts are work wear for some and never so much as raise an eyebrow.

This post was edited

Johngw, thanks for the vote of confidence. As the season progresses, I may try mowing in the nylon, split waist, running shorts. I really want to mow wearing the see-through shorts, with a top to "disguise" the fact that they are so SHEER. Once, on a trip home from Hippie Hollow, the wife and I stopped to replenish our depleted liquid refreshments, and I wore them into the convenience store, with a long shirt hanging open to the waist. There was NO reaction. These are the ones... with and without a shirt.

This post was edited