Shirt and Shoes required - Wish I had the nerve.....

Stores and restaurants often post 'Shirt and Shoes Required' here in Tennessee. I don't have the nerve to do it, but always wanted to take this instruction literraly and turn up wearing ONLY shirt and shoes. On what basis could they deny entrance to their facilities? :-)
What impulses do you have that you inhibit?

This topic was edited
RE: Shirt and Shoes required - Wish I had the nerve.....

What's usually posted I find is "No shirt, no shoes, no service."
SO, in typical nudist "cold weather" garb, an open button down shirt, and open sandals, that does "technically" satisfy the requirement, doesn't it ?

This post was edited

I remember watching TV and seeing some comedian bring this up. I wasn't a nudist at the time but now that I think about it, it seems like a very viable idea.

This post was edited

Local pub here has a sign;
Men, no shirt no service.
Women, no shirt free beer.

This post was edited
Re: Shirt and Shoes required-Wish I had the nerve

I think it would be so cool to get a group together and challenge that requirement of shirt and shoes and be nude from waist down. How funny would that be and to see the look(s) on managements face when requesting service.

This post was edited
RE: Shirt and Shoes required-Wish I had the nerve

Here in Oregon they have those signs posted as well. I have been wondering if anyone has tried it.

This post was edited

Local pub here has a sign;Men, no shirt no service.Women, no shirt free beer.

Some women want equality. Think of all the free beer they'd be passing up :-)

This post was edited

Mine is quite tame really in comparison - but - I have an insane urge to park in the bay that is marked - 'Reserved'. It never says who it is reserved for so I'm guessing it might be reserved for me - though I doubt it!
'Reserved' can also be taken to mean shy or socially inadequate so anyone who's a bit of a shrinking violet could argue that the space was intended for them in the same way that a space labelled 'Disabled' is set aside for disabled drivers.
The sign that always puzzles me is the one that says 'Disabled toilet'. I prefer to use one that's in full working order.

This post was edited

FUNNY THAT I CAME ACROSS THIS POSTED FORUM. I AM A TOTALLY STRAIGHT MALE AND A STRONG BELIEVER OF ONE PIECE DRESSING. WITHOUT KNOWING FOR SURE, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD BE BREAKING ANY LAWS BY SHOWING UP IN SHIRT AND SHOES ONLY. I MYSELF HARDLY EVER, DEPENDING ON THE EVENT, WEAR ANYTHING OTHER THAN FLIP- FLOPS AND A SHIRT LONG ENOUGH TO COVER MY PRIVATE AREAS. IN MOST CASES IT GOES UN-NOTICED, BUT THERE HAVE BEEN OCCASSIONS WHERE THERE WERE QUITE A FEW STARES. MOSTLY FROM THE LADIES. FOR ME THIS NO DIFFERENT THAN FEMALES THAT ARE OUT AND ABOUT EVERY DAY WEARING DRESSES OR LONG SHIRTS ALONG WITH THEIR SHOES. AS A TRUE NUDIST I HAVE REALIZED THAT WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY FILLED WITH DOUBLE STANDARDS WHEN IT COMES HOW MEN CAN FASHION THEMSELVED VERSES THAT OF WOMEN.

This post was edited