RE:Water Skiing

Sooo, perhaps a myth but I was always told to wear a wet suit or two layers (speedo + boardshorts) - to stop rapid water ingestion into certain orifices...and even more so for the ladies.

A lot of the rivers I skied in contained debris too. Can't imagine the damage some pieces could cause to the more sensitive parts of the body. Getting some injuries to inner thighs and under arms was enough.

All that said; if I could be assured of averting the rapid water ingress and a good clear river way - why the hell not would one want to water ski nude!

This post was edited

has anyone water skied nude?
Yep. Numerous times when I was a kid in high school and college. Those were the good ol' days.

This post was edited

perhaps a myth but I was always told to wear a wet suit or two layers (speedo + boardshorts) - to stop rapid water ingestion into certain orifices..

From my experience, I'd say it's a myth. I can't count the times I busted my ass naked but the only time I was seriously injured water skiing is when I was wearing a bathing suit. I broke my nose when my knee came up and squashed it flat. And the bathing suit made it no less painful. I'm told it was a spectacular fall/tumble/crash though. But never had a problem with any other orifices water skiing.... naked or not.

This post was edited

it is on my list to do. I have been skiing for 52 yrs and am down to once a year to prove i am not old. Last year my brother and I both skied
and I said we had 102 years of skiing experience behind the boat

I have kayaked nude for quite a few miles and did one very short after dark stand up paddle board naked.

This post was edited

I would love to, but haven been water skiing in many years. And like someone else said, never the right time or the right people.

This post was edited