Nudists are exhibitionists - Do you agree?

When I look back, I find that i used to be extreamly excited in my younger days when someone saw me naked. With aging, that desire slowed down. But when I see younger generation of present era, I feel all have the desire to be seen. Depending on sexuality the expected audiance varies. Some wants to show hard on (flasing) some just want to be seen by others in its natural way.

What do you guys think? (I am coming from a male's perspective only)

This topic was edited
RE:Nudists are exhibitionists - Do you agree?

I am of the older generation (70) and I have no particular desire to be seen.
I am nude for comfort.
If someone sees me nude in an appropriate situation, fine. but I do not seek situations where I would be seen, especially in inappropriate places

This post was edited

I don't care if someone sees me, as long as I am not offending them. In a clothing optional situation, I will always be nude

This post was edited

I think as a nudist you are at least somewhat of an exhibitionist, but maybe also a little rebellious and adventurist too. Naturism is an alternate world right here in this world, for me, social nudity is the best time spent.

This post was edited

I have enjoyed being naked for decades. Alone or with others, I enjoy any situation. I pretty much live nude alone at my rural home. I have a natural talent of hospitality and enjoy welcoming folks , old friend, casual aquaintances, or even total strangers. With a hot tub I have been able to suggest and introduce social nudity to many people who would never have stripped down without that ice breaker.
All that said, I have no qualms about being seen nude by anyone . I do feel " more naked" when I am the only one stripped down, like when I pose for artist to sketch, or when I have a house guest who is not comfortable nude themselves but are fine with me nude. And there is a bit of a rush when I find myself naked in situations that the average person would never consider being naked at.

This post was edited

Nudism is a lifestyle that has nothing to do with being seen or not seen by someone else. It is simply that you don't put on clothing until you have to. Exhibitionists want to be seen to see what reaction they get. I believe that a true nudist is not an exhibitionist, but some exhibitionists are nudists.

This post was edited

Nudism is a lifestyle that has nothing to do with being seen or not seen by someone else. It is simply that you don't put on clothing until you have to. Exhibitionists want to be seen to see what reaction they get. I believe that a true nudist is not an exhibitionist, but some exhibitionists are nudists.
Well said, this is also my perspective. It's not about being seen but about the freedom, comfort, and sensations that only come from the freedom from clothes. If I am hiking for a whole day and ever see a soul (and, as a result, am not seen), it has still been a wonderful day of enjoying the benefits of being naked.

This post was edited

Some reasonable points and some dangerous assertions here about similarities and differences betwixt nudity and exhibition; I'll offer some addition & dissension about a few points if the floor is open.

Nudism is always the same, regardless of the number of participants, whether we're speaking one body or 1000. So a nudist is a person without clothing, and that can be solo or with others. The dynamics of the moment can and do change given the age range of the persons involved. Naturism, not part of the original post but mentioned by others, is similar to nudism in that it does not take more than one bare human to occur. Even alone in the woods, both a naturist and a nudist "are". In Europe, so I have heard, the two words are used somewhat interchangeably, and that the term nudist is heard much more rarely. Americans seem more apt to use the words differently (that pond is pretty wide), with a 'naturist's desire' being more aligned with being bare in nature, coming into and being better in tune with nature by their bareness; nudists are not always so focused on the natural world, with their interests in being bare leaning toward nudity in all things, often with a heavier interest in the social aspect of it.

Exhibitionists are in it to be seen, and that takes another set of eyes, and there is no way to achieve that without at least one other person present - unless they are the sort who feel the eyes of the Universe on them and that excites. The word 'excite' means turned-on sexually, used in this context. Let me be clear - exhibitionism is being nude around others, whether or not they are naked, typically without their consent, and a thing that is bringing the exhibitor a sexually-driven (and often a power-driven) thrill. By showing your genitals to someone without expressed permission, whether or not you are erect, you are being sexually-stimulated by the act of exhibition. This is illegal in most of the world and appropriately so. One more point here - an erection is not always erected through sexual thought and action, but that is not the point I'm attempting to make and it has been fleshed out aplenty of other places here in True Nudists. Yes, 'fleshed out' was completely intentional.

To return to our naturist in the forest for a moment, and with a short dabble in humor amid a topic of seriousness -- if someone alone in the woods sprouts a boner, does anyone hear it? A bear might, but another 'bare' has to be nearby or it is simply a hard penis. Exhibition takes an audience; nudism can have an audience but it doesn't need one. And if your penis makes any discernible noise when it becomes stiff, you might want to talk to a doctor. And if being stiff around a bear excites you, seek out a doctor with a psychology degree.

I feel that to put humans into a static category belittles this experience called life. As was mentioned in the OP, the writer's mind and body react differently now than they did when he was young. He used to get an erection when other people would see him nude, but with age and experience has come comfort, and a level of relaxation in his genitalia, probably because the occurrence of shared nudity has become more commonplace. Without change comes stagnation; without growth comes decay. To say that all nudists begin as exhibitionists on some level is also unfair, with a prime example being the children of nudist parents, who are given the freedom to never put clothes on (within reason), mimicking their parents as children do. For many of the rest of us, the moment we realize that being nude can be so much more than that fleeting thrill of total exposure to other people, the doors are flung wide to learning the joys of nakedness in all its beautiful forms.

This post was edited

I like to be considered as a "naturist" which could have a different definition from a nudist. It's not always about being nude, but being free and comfortable with nature. Being barefoot as much as possible is important to me and others I know to really connect with the earth. I would prefer not to be seen or caught nude in places where it is not normal and the risk factor is often undesirable for the gain from the enjoyment of said nudism . Nudist campgrounds, beaches, resorts, hot springs are all places where myself and like minded folks enjoy and are comfortable with social nudity.

This post was edited

The desire to be naked in locker room, where one can stay naked.... But it's not the same joy, when I am naked and alone, when I am naked and others are too, and when I am naked, and others are not...
Exhibitionism has anything to flaunt? If I have a great body or I am well endowed...

Just to know what others think?

This post was edited

The post quoted below is somewhat confusing, I'll assume because English is probably not the writer's primary language. Would he be kind enough to clarify his points? To offer further opinion, I need to have a better understanding of what is being said. Are we to interpret that these different nude scenarios are bringing more or less levels of pleasure? It is difficult to tell what the writer is trying to get at - different types of nude interaction will bring different feelings. Where does the greatest joy come from? Ignore the way your penis reacts to any situation for a moment and look into your heart - what do you feel? Separate your mind from your body if you can. Try to see past your physical reaction to the bareness and into the truth of what draws you to want to be naked.

In my case, what I love is being natural within sight of anyone else when everyone is naked, though I thoroughly enjoy being nude anywhere and everywhere, alone or in a crowd.

The desire to be naked in locker room, where one can stay naked.... But it's not the same joy, when I am naked and alone, when I am naked and others are too, and when I am naked, and others are not...Exhibitionism has anything to flaunt? If I have a great body or I am well endowed...Just to know what others think?

This post was edited