65% Off

I was at Macy's yesterday and saw a sign over a rack of board shorts that said "Take 65% off" While I knew they were talking about price, all I could think of was that someone could take 65% of the material off the suit and still have enough to be legally covered!

This topic was edited
RE:65% Off

I like your thinking. I have cut away the material between the legs and slit the sides so that a pair of shorts becomes an elastic waist band with fabric flaps front and back. I don't think they pass for legal, but do pass for shorts for people who drive by while I am push mowing my front yard. I call them my barely there shorts

This post was edited

I like your thinking. I have cut away the material between the legs and slit the sides so that a pair of shorts becomes an elastic waist band with fabric flaps front and back. I don't think they pass for legal, but do pass for shorts for people who drive by while I am push mowing my front yard. I call them my barely there shorts

Why wouldn't they pass for legal as long as your crotch and crack were covered?
Some runners wear shorts with sides open to the waist and a few men wear kilts.
Your barely there shorts just have the freedom of both while covering what needs to be covered.
I saw someone on the path to Gunnison beach from the parking lot, which is outside the clothing optional zone and crosses the main park road wearing something similar.

This post was edited

These swimsuits were so long that you could probably just cut enough off the legs to amount to 65% of the total fabric and still leave the crotch and side seams intact and have a pair of short swim shorts.

This post was edited

Board shorts are the dumbest swimsuits ever made. We were just in Hawaii and the women were wearing next to nothing suits while the guys looked like they were wearing pants. We spent the day on the pool deck of the hotel. I took my tan thru swimsuits that are short and clingy when wet. Had a guy and a couple ask me about where I bought them on the island. haha Not sure they sell them on the island but gave them the link to the site.

This post was edited

Board shorts are the dumbest swimsuits ever made. We were just in Hawaii and the women were wearing next to nothing suits while the guys looked like they were wearing pants. We spent the day on the pool deck of the hotel. I took my tan thru swimsuits that are short and clingy when wet. Had a guy and a couple ask me about where I bought them on the island. haha Not sure they sell them on the island but gave them the link to the site.

And even with all of that material, I have seen men with underwear waistbands sticking out of the top of them at times. I don't know how anyone can be comfortable wearing all that wet clothing!

This post was edited

The pursuit of modified shorts was part of my summer routine this year. I became tired of limiting myself to going commando in shorts when I needed to be covered so I started a series of experiments. Most of this is for hiking where freehiking is not an option.

First step was to cut out the linings of running shorts (better), then cut the running shorts off so there was less than an inch of inseam (improved more), cutting through the gusset (even more improvement), and adopting use of a utility kilt (the best, short of being nude). The kilt is now my first choice with the linerless short shorts at number two. All of the shorts are the kind for runners with open-cell outer fabric that becomes a bit see-through with the liner gone - still covered enough to be "safe". The cut-off shorts with no liner qualify as having 65% off the amount of original fabric.

This post was edited

The pursuit of modified shorts was part of my summer routine this year. I became tired of limiting myself to going commando in shorts when I needed to be covered so I started a series of experiments. Most of this is for hiking where freehiking is not an option.First step was to cut out the linings of running shorts (better), then cut the running shorts off so there was less than an inch of inseam (improved more), cutting through the gusset (even more improvement), and adopting use of a utility kilt (the best, short of being nude). The kilt is now my first choice with the linerless short shorts at number two. All of the shorts are the kind for runners with open-cell outer fabric that becomes a bit see-through with the liner gone - still covered enough to be "safe". The cut-off shorts with no liner qualify as having 65% off the amount of original fabric.

Have you tried opening the side and or crotch seams on the shorts?
Some men on this and other boards have found that this provides legal coverage with minimal restrictions.

This post was edited

In contrast, when I got an email today advertising 50% off on Kiniki, I knew it had to be price. Kiniki swimsuits don't have enough material to take 50% off. Some of their styles couldn't even have 1% off without risking indecent exposure.

This post was edited

Shortly after we left Mykonos, I saw another Kiniki 50% off ad, which included a Mykonos mens micro brief. I have heard that g-strings are accepted on Mykonos so I guess you could take 50% of the material off a micro brief and still have something that you could wear in public.

This post was edited

By AndyDi:

Sounds no different to when we had our honeymoon in the early '90s. I went expecting a bit of a swimsuit Mecca in this Pacific paradise at which I'd find a skimpy suit for myself to impress my bride, but only found one store with anything approaching what I was after. A brief with a bold colourful floral pattern, lined, with two-inch sides was the best I could do. Nice, but I thought I'd find more (or less, depending on one's perspective). The ladies' ranges weren't that radical either, but my wife did find a nice bikini.

This post was edited