I need a sweat ritual!

There's something bonding about being naked in a sauna with others. There's a fancy term for that sweating: hyperthermia, which is the when the body starts storing heat, dilating pores, eliminating toxins and cleansing the body. As sweat beads on brows and trickles down, a state of meditation, introspection and calm are achieved. In a light feverish state, the body reacts by strengthening the immune system. In this regard, sharing a sauna is an act of vulnerability and courage, which is why it is both bonding and healing.
Revive the Y with steam rooms and saunas! Unlike other more Puritanical TN forums, this one is private and respects that men are inherently sexual without being focused on sex (which is reserved for the ones who are repressive). Because the sexual and spiritual are two sides of the same coin, I recommend that our future naked Y has saunas with rituals of pouring water with essential oils in a ceremonious fashion. In Germany this is practiced with something called Aufguss. It's a wonderful ritual so I recommend we get a good Aufgussmeister, or ritual master of pouring water and oil on the rocks in the sauna. Unlike the pix in the link, saunas in Europe are nude, so the Aufgussmeister also needs to be nude. Who's going to step up the be the high priest / medicine man of the revived Y?

This topic was edited
No replies yet.