Naked Attraction Max ( HBO) show

Borrowed from the Brits the show is now airing on what we knew as HBO now Max.

Full frontal nudity in a show gradually revealed from the feet up to let the person decide which of the 6 bodies they want to date.

Thoughts? Will this help normalize nudity? Or further cement that nudity only equals sex? or somewhere in between?

This topic was edited
RE:Naked Attraction Max ( HBO) show

I have watched and reviewed this program. Iamb it only normalizes the titillating presentation of a naked body because the participants are being asked to show of and are judged by their body parts.

This post was edited

Borrowed from the Brits the show is now airing on what we knew as HBO now Max.Full frontal nudity in a show gradually revealed from the feet up to let the person decide which of the 6 bodies they want to date.Thoughts? Will this help normalize nudity? Or further cement that nudity only equals sex? or somewhere in between?

I have watched and reviewed this program. Iamb it only normalizes the titillating presentation of a naked body because the participants are being asked to show of and are judged by their body parts.

an hour agoFlagQuoteReply

The show not only equates nudity with sex but suggests that the contestants are there for a sexual encounter. They do end up with a date and could possibly end up getting t know each other. It is simply a more liberal acknowledgment of how we tend to see someone we might be interested in. Not a whole lot different than thong clad contestants that might pass on American TV.

This post was edited

The focus and judgement on body parts is a bit much for me.

Adam sucht Eva is a better show IMHO because even though there is still a "titillation" aspect, the naked body is "presented" in a more dynamic, "naturist-adjacent" manner.

This post was edited

I would think that the US show Dating Naked would also do a better job of normalizing nudity because the contestants go through ordinary activities nude.

This post was edited

This is a good point, but isn't most TV a titillating presentation of body parts, even more so titillating when covered leaving more to the imagination? I don't watch TV - no patience here - but in one way I appreciate the equality of nudity as normalizing for men and women. It seems wrong to me that women are supposed to show us what they got, and men are supposed to hide under baggy clothes with all of the sexuality of a Ken doll. I often consider equality by reversing roles - imagine if women were told to wear burkas because their boobs were considered threatening men's "safe space," and men felt compelled to show off their virility with crotch-focused clothing. As superficial as TV is, at least everyone is equally naked.

This post was edited

As superficial as TV is, at least everyone is equally naked.

I don't believe that is true. When TV or movies show full frontal nudity, it is much more likely to be of a woman. In the same scene the man talking to her will be shown from behind. We even see that in videos promoting nudism and nudist venues and resorts. There may be equality in being nude, but not in the way it is portrayed.

This post was edited

As superficial as TV is, at least everyone is equally naked.I don't believe that is true. When TV or movies show full frontal nudity, it is much more likely to be of a woman. In the same scene the man talking to her will be shown from behind. We even see that in videos promoting nudism and nudist venues and resorts. There may be equality in being nude, but not in the way it is portrayed.

Not in the Brit version. Equal time to both genders and equal time to their body bits. There is as much penis as there is vagina on the show

This post was edited

Thoughts? Will this help normalize nudity? Or further cement that nudity only equals sex? or somewhere in between?

It's like soft drink (soda) it can taste good while your consuming it but it's really bad for you!
This does nothing to normalise nudism for the greater population. It aligns people who are willing to be nude in a public forum to leverage that for their 15 minutes of fame and also prioritises nudity as a prelude to sex
But by the same toke because it shows 'every day' people willing to be naked in front of many it does say to others that it can okay to let others see your body (no disgrace and it's not indecent). I feel that's a small benefit confined to the contestants and only those in the audience with an open mind.

This post was edited

This series has been shown in Australia on one of the commercial channels. What I particularly like about it is that none of the contestants are expected to have model looks. Some have even had obvious disabilities. In fact, it's just like the cross section of people I see at the beach. On that note it is so refreshing to see nudity associated with all body types without judgement.
Adam Looking for Eve, also shown here, is on the other hand is more celebrity/model look based. Even so, the Europeans do a reasonable job of it.
Not that I really watch any of them, but it does seem the contestants in Naked Attraction are far more genuine than the typical trashy clothed dating shows, with a lot less scripting. I'm not in sexual denial with nudity, so have no problem with that aspect of the show.

This post was edited

I agree with Stone Andy. Just having more nudity on television is a plus. I understand how it sexualizes nudity but it will hopefully desensitize the viewers to the idea of public nudity.

This post was edited