Group Spam Posts

The spam posts to group discussions are getting out of hand. Fortunately, this is something the membership of this site as control over as group moderators. If all the moderators just deleted them when they showed up, the problem would disappear. Unfortunately, absentee moderators are more common than not. I'm not sure if flagging these posts does any good.

This topic was edited
RE:Group Spam Posts

I don't get many spam posts because all my groups are Private. ONLY way a spammer gets to post in my groups is if a member of the group is friends with that spammer. I screen ALL perspective members and look over their profiles. IF they have blocked me, well, they aren't getting in anyway. If I find that they collect dozens of friends where the pictures are of model type women, they are not allowed to join my groups.

This post was edited

Many groups have only "former member" as moderator. Seems like those should be cleaned up or purged.

This post was edited

Many groups have only "former member" as moderator. Seems like those should be cleaned up or purged.

Also any group that the moderator hasn't signed in for over a year.

This post was edited

However, some of the groups without moderators are still relevant and active. In that case, someone either should volunteer to take it over or form a new group to replace it.

This post was edited