Upcoming dilemma

We currently own a home that was big enough when we moved here but is increasingly getting too big for us. The upside is that it's single story, has a lot of outside space for nude living, nude sunbathing and we have a pool and hot tub. We know we have to downsize at some time. We're looking to buy/lease a condo south of us close to the beach/ocean. We've always had a house with outside space to be naked and our next place will have to provide that in some way.

The issue we're running into is this; do we trade all this space and privacy for a place closer to the ocean and less upkeep. My wife is up with the move, but she says that I will have a hard time giving up the space and privacy for our nudity which is probably true. I've read lots of comments from those that live in multi-family dwellings (apts., condos) and have almost no outside space or privacy for nudity, thus their nude life is confined to the inside mostly or only.

Our club would be a further drive. Currently it's 30 minutes away. From where we are thinking of moving to would make that drive 90 mins. I posted this picture as a reference to the space we may have to deal with if this move occurs. The more we think about it, the more hesitant we are to leave our current home and very nude friendly backyard.

This topic was edited
RE:Upcoming dilemma

We currently own a home that was big enough when we moved here but is increasingly getting too big for us. The upside is that it's single story, has a lot of outside space for nude living, nude sunbathing and we have a pool and hot tub. We know we have to downsize at some time. We're looking to buy/lease a condo south of us close to the beach/ocean. We've always had a house with outside space to be naked and our next place will have to provide that in some way.The issue we're running into is this; do we trade all this space and privacy for a place closer to the ocean and less upkeep. My wife is up with the move, but she says that I will have a hard time giving up the space and privacy for our nudity which is probably true. I've read lots of comments from those that live in multi-family dwellings (apts., condos) and have almost no outside space or privacy for nudity, thus their nude life is confined to the inside mostly or only.Our club would be a further drive. Currently it's 30 minutes away. From where we are thinking of moving to would make that drive 90 mins. I posted this picture as a reference to the space we may have to deal with if this move occurs. The more we think about it, the more hesitant we are to leave our current home and very nude friendly backyard.
Do you have a cleaning service or lawn service? We have hired both and find it makes keeping up with things easier.
Granted I can't be nude when they are here, but it is less than 4 hours a week and I often do errands for at least part of the time the cleaning service is here.

This post was edited

Re the drive to the club, the questions are 1) how accustomed are you to driving 90 minutes? 2) how much time are you likely to get at the club before you return in relation to the driving time?

I moved about 3 years ago to a house beside a quiet beach, but it is a 20 minute drive to shopping and 35 minutes to a public pool. This may not seem like much, but for the previous 20 years my work commute was a 20 minutes drive, numerous shops were within 5 to 15 minutes walk or drive, and the gym /pool where I swam daily was 7 minutes drive. I find I now never go to the pool (instead thinking of putting in my own) as I would spend almost as much time driving as swimming. I now think thrice before going into town to shop.

The little bit of back yard privacy I had in my previous house reduced when neighbours started working from home, strongly limiting outside nudity. Privacy in my new home has reduced with new neighbours building, and 3 other neighbours clearing vegetation on their properties. My own planting hasnt yet provided enough privacy. Are there any property options where you are thinking of moving where you would have a small but private garden area/ courtyard?

This post was edited

I'm not sure I'd move with everything set up the way you'd like it. Everything's a compromise and the bird in the hand is sounding pretty good to me. If it helps, some sort of decision-making sytem that forces you to quantify the benefits and compromises of moving may help, even if it's just confirmation of your hunch.

This post was edited

We currently own a home that was big enough when we moved here but is increasingly getting too big for us. The upside is that it's single story, has a lot of outside space for nude living, nude sunbathing and we have a pool and hot tub. We know we have to downsize at some time. We're looking to buy/lease a condo south of us close to the beach/ocean. We've always had a house with outside space to be naked and our next place will have to provide that in some way.The issue we're running into is this; do we trade all this space and privacy for a place closer to the ocean and less upkeep. My wife is up with the move, but she says that I will have a hard time giving up the space and privacy for our nudity which is probably true. I've read lots of comments from those that live in multi-family dwellings (apts., condos) and have almost no outside space or privacy for nudity, thus their nude life is confined to the inside mostly or only.Our club would be a further drive. Currently it's 30 minutes away. From where we are thinking of moving to would make that drive 90 mins. I posted this picture as a reference to the space we may have to deal with if this move occurs. The more we think about it, the more hesitant we are to leave our current home and very nude friendly backyard.Do you have a cleaning service or lawn service? We have hired both and find it makes keeping up with things easier.Granted I can't be nude when they are here, but it is less than 4 hours a week and I often do errands for at least part of the time the cleaning service is here.
We've had lawn maintenance service, pool service and pest control service for the last 25-27 years. We still need to do some cleaning up once in a while. That, in itself, would save us quite a bit of money monthly. Not enough for us to do it ourselves but would help pay for the top shelf membership at our club. It's the size of our house, the upkeep of the property, inside and out that can wear us down, sometimes.

This post was edited

Re the drive to the club, the questions are 1) how accustomed are you to driving 90 minutes? 2) how much time are you likely to get at the club before you return in relation to the driving time?I moved about 3 years ago to a house beside a quiet beach, but it is a 20 minute drive to shopping and 35 minutes to a public pool. This may not seem like much, but for the previous 20 years my work commute was a 20 minutes drive, numerous shops were within 5 to 15 minutes walk or drive, and the gym /pool where I swam daily was 7 minutes drive. I find I now never go to the pool (instead thinking of putting in my own) as I would spend almost as much time driving as swimming. I now think thrice before going into town to shop.The little bit of back yard privacy I had in my previous house reduced when neighbours started working from home, strongly limiting outside nudity. Privacy in my new home has reduced with new neighbours building, and 3 other neighbours clearing vegetation on their properties. My own planting hasnt yet provided enough privacy. Are there any property options where you are thinking of moving where you would have a small but private garden area/ courtyard?

To answer your questions; 1) we live in Southern California. Most people that have visited, have experienced and hated coming here because of traffic. We've live here all our lives. A 90 min drive is nothing to us. 2) we would get all day and into the evening at the club should we move away, regardless of the drive. Coming north in the morning, the traffic is traveling south and vice versa. We'd most likely move our motorhome to the storage lot at the club where we would most likely move it out onto a spot and stay a few days. There has been serious talk of buying a space at the club as well.

In order to buy/lease/rent a place with a private backyard a place for outside nudity, we'd have to move much further east of the coast. I just as soon stay here and drive an hour to the coast once a week to get a taste. Being retired, we have that luxury and can go during the week when it's not crowded. Homes with enough space and privacy up near the coast are extremely expensive. Rent alone for a 2bdrm, 2bth, 6-8 blocks from the beach are going for 6800 -7500 a month, for 1000 - 1200 sq ft. We live in a 2900 sq ft home, single story. Those rental prices are over 3 times our monthly mortgage.

What we've considered doing is re-hiring our housekeeper but she's getting on in age. We could hire someone else but there's that trust factor we have to go through again. We hate staying home while they're working but find it hard to leave the house with strangers inside.

This post was edited

It's always a difficult decision. The cost of things in California is crazy; one of my daughters lives in Hollywood and rents a room for a LOT.
We have been talking about the same subject. We have been in our current home for 40 years. I just sold our residential rental homes last month. I am still working somewhat in my business but am trying to slow down. We once talked of buying a motor coach and traveling for a year or two, but after advice from several owners about the true cost of owning one, and having to pull a separate vehicle I am thinking of a small class A like the Sprinter which is much easier to drive, park and travel in and just stay in a nice motel room or a VRBO.
I know you have heard of it, but I believe there are several developments near Kissimmee that are friendly. Of course, that means moving to Florida.
Have you considered contacting a realtor, possibly someone from a club you might have met, to discuss the ideal nudist-friendly home? If there is a nudist-friendly realtor, they would understand the requirements.
I am with you; a small home with little or no maintenance would be great; no maintenance usually means it is in a complex or you have outside care personnel.
We had planned to retire to our Lakehouse, a five-acre lot on a lake. When I built it 20 years ago, we had only one neighbor who still worked, so I had plenty of time to be outside nude. Through the years, there have been two new neighbors who I found out are NOT nudist-friendly. Yep, they caught me!
I could plant shrubbery or install a fence for privacy. What makes me pause is that it is two stories, and the bedrooms are upstairs. Now nearing 70, we don't want to have to climb stairs daily, so that would mean an addition downstairs for a new bedroom and, of course, still having to keep up the five acres.
The cost of living and taxes are low here, however, there is only one club three hours drive and no real beaches.
You mentioned beaches. Do you still go to public beaches to swim and relax?

This post was edited

We did it the other way. We moved away from Phoenix to a small town. Went from 1500sq ft to 3000 plus sq ft.
We love the space and the slower life. Oh so glad we moved here. Same distance to a resort. But three hours from hot tubs. The nude hiking is about the same. But have not been there yet.

We looked for the town that we wanted to move to for over a year. We knew we wanted a bigger place with more land to be naked on. But we ended up in town on an acre of land with great neighbors. Not many nudist friends yet but we are starting to find them. Yes we bought a fixer upper but gives me something to do.

Even thought about Florida. But ! Humidity and mosquitoes ! California , but people ! Even Texas with all the resorts near. But we well stay here and discover this part of Arizona soon.

This post was edited