Nudist get-togethers at home.

Ok...usually I'm full of answers and opinions about "all things nudist"; but this one has me a bit stumped.

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I had a discussion about our nudist friends, whom we haven't seen in a few months now. "Off season", while the resort is closed, we typically get-together for a (textile) brunch or dinner; and once a year, at the height of winter, we meet up at the spa. My wife and I were bouncing ideas off each other, when she said: "Why not just invite them here for dinner and card games?" I asked if she wanted to designate it as "dressed." She thought for a sec replied: "Let's just make it "bring a towel"." I said: "You're open to the possibility of "naked hosting" several naked people in our home!?" To which she replied: "Eh, I just want to leave it on the table..."

On a side note this is one of my wife's "famous switcharoos." She's previously stated she would "never ever" turn our home into a "nudist club." But actually missing our nudist friends and our "bare" connection with them - has apparently indeed caused a change of heart.

So here's my pickle. Certainly, we've all been naked around each other consistently at the resort; and we're used to it. No anxiety or mystery there. But as far as I know, our friends are all recreational nudists - not home nudists. Our closest friend has told my wife she sometimes works naked at home; but that might be the extent of it.

So let's say it actually happens and 2-3 couples show up one evening at our doorstep. Some might say "just answer the door nude." But they might not be expecting it and might be "thrown." I don't want anyone to feel "thrown." Others might say, after they've all settled in: "Ok who wants to get naked?" Too weird for me, and I'm an introvert. Playing a game where an item of clothing is removed with every loss? Too "strip-teasy." I can't think of any "tactful way" to introduce the idea that all are welcome to get naked in our home. My wife's idea of designating the invite as "bring a towel" is in her mind enough to let them know social nudity at our home is on the table. But will it just leave them guessing and waiting for someone to take the initiative?
Or maybe I shouldn't say anything at all; and if it turns out "dressed", so be it?

All this would have been easier for me if it had been brough up while nude together at the resort. I could have just said: "Since everyone is comfortable naked, how about a naked dinner and cards at our house?" But that's not the case here. We'd be coming out "of nowhere."

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, personal anecdotes, etc...welcome here.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist get-togethers at home.

Ok...usually I'm full of answers and opinions about "all things nudist"; but this one has me a bit stumped.A couple of weeks ago my wife and I had a discussion about our nudist friends, whom we haven't seen in a few months now. "Off season", while the resort is closed, we typically get-together for a (textile) brunch or dinner; and once a year, at the height of winter, we meet up at the spa. My wife and I were bouncing ideas off each other, when she said: "Why not just invite them here for dinner and card games?" I asked if she wanted to designate it as "dressed." She thought for a sec replied: "Let's just make it "bring a towel"." I said: "You're open to the possibility of "naked hosting" several naked people in our home!?" To which she replied: "Eh, I just want to leave it on the table..."On a side note this is one of my wife's "famous switcharoos." She's previously stated she would "never ever" turn our home into a "nudist club." But actually missing our nudist friends and our "bare" connection with them - has apparently indeed caused a change of heart.So here's my pickle. Certainly, we've all been naked around each other consistently at the resort; and we're used to it. No anxiety or mystery there. But as far as I know, our friends are all recreational nudists - not home nudists. Our closest friend has told my wife she sometimes works naked at home; but that might be the extent of it.So let's say it actually happens and 2-3 couples show up one evening at our doorstep. Some might say "just answer the door nude." But they might not be expecting it and might be "thrown." I don't want anyone to feel "thrown." Others might say, after they've all settled in: "Ok who wants to get naked?" Too weird for me, and I'm an introvert. Playing a game where an item of clothing is removed with every loss? Too "strip-teasy." I can't think of any "tactful way" to introduce the idea that all are welcome to get naked in our home. My wife's idea of designating the invite as "bring a towel" is in her mind enough to let them know social nudity at our home is on the table. But will it just leave them guessing and waiting for someone to take the initiative?Or maybe I shouldn't say anything at all; and if it turns out "dressed", so be it?All this would have been easier for me if it had been brough up while nude together at the resort. I could have just said: "Since everyone is comfortable naked, how about a naked dinner and cards at our house?" But that's not the case here. We'd be coming out "of nowhere."Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, personal anecdotes, etc...welcome here.

Just tell them when you invite them that the gathering is clothing optional and the two of you intend to be nude.
A group of mostly men who meet at Gunnison have nude mandatory social gatherings with dinner in the off-season. I have been to several. Great time!

This post was edited

Id suggest that you have this discussion with your intended guests. Tell them what you have in mind and get their opinions of how the event should unfold. I think it would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

This post was edited

Ok...usually I'm full of answers and opinions about "all things nudist"; but this one has me a bit stumped.So here's my pickle. Certainly, we've all been naked around each other consistently at the resort; and we're used to it. No anxiety or mystery there. But as far as I know, our friends are all recreational nudists - not home nudists. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, personal anecdotes, etc...welcome here.

Why do you think that your friends are not home nudists?
I would think that most people who are nude at resorts would also be nude at home.

This post was edited

We've face this with people we know from the beach or from other contexts, and who we know are to some extent nude friendly. It can be tricky to talk out thoroughly beforehand. People can't always predict their feelings. There can also be a lingering doubt about whether different rules might apply in your home, a more *ahem* intimate setting that more public venues, nearly impossible to address smoothly in advance.

My suggestion: Note in your invitations that the gathering is "clothing optional." Put out towels. At least one of you should be naked as guests arrive. If you aren't, no one will feel comfortable being the first to undress. You can, as you greet people, let them know where they can "leave your things if you like", and prime that spot with an outfit of clothing, typically laid onto a bed (which also signals that the bed will not be used.) You can use a foyer space or somesuch, too - but some people are more shy about undressing than they are about being undressed.

Now put yourself in the position of a guest who did not undress on arrival, but soon realizes it's a safe and friendly place for nudity. It's hard for them to make the occasion, later on, to go shed their clothes. Consider making the occasion. Hot tub or massage table are obvious, but if that's not in the plan, then it might just be the second of you excusing yourself to go undress.

At our place, we take advantage of the particular situation of our gate to tell people "Feel free to open our gate when you arrive, or if you are arriving naked, wait for us to open it for you." Which answers the perennial "Can I arrive naked/undress at the car" question asked about resorts and other venues, and signals just how welcome nudity will be.

This post was edited

We've face this with people we know from the beach or from other contexts, and who we know are to some extent nude friendly. It can be tricky to talk out thoroughly beforehand. People can't always predict their feelings. There can also be a lingering doubt about whether different rules might apply in your home, a more *ahem* intimate setting that more public venues, nearly impossible to address smoothly in advance.My suggestion: Note in your invitations that the gathering is "clothing optional." Put out towels. At least one of you should be naked as guests arrive. If you aren't, no one will feel comfortable being the first to undress. You can, as you greet people, let them know where they can "leave your things if you like", and prime that spot with an outfit of clothing, typically laid onto a bed (which also signals that the bed will not be used.) You can use a foyer space or somesuch, too - but some people are more shy about undressing than they are about being undressed.Now put yourself in the position of a guest who did not undress on arrival, but soon realizes it's a safe and friendly place for nudity. It's hard for them to make the occasion, later on, to go shed their clothes. Consider making the occasion. Hot tub or massage table are obvious, but if that's not in the plan, then it might just be the second of you excusing yourself to go undress.At our place, we take advantage of the particular situation of our gate to tell people "Feel free to open our gate when you arrive, or if you are arriving naked, wait for us to open it for you." Which answers the perennial "Can I arrive naked/undress at the car" question asked about resorts and other venues, and signals just how welcome nudity will be.
The nudity required gatherings I have attended make it clear that it is a social occasion only, not a sex party.
Since the usual host lives on a street with small lots and no trees, undressing before entering is not an option.
The hosts are usually nude when I arrive.
A few of the guests have even mentioned that they drove most of the way nude, but dressed in a secluded area before entering the development.
We are asked to go upstairs and leave our clothes on any of the beds.

This post was edited

At the social meetings I have attended....
Greetings at the door are dressed. Welcomed to the common areas, shown the direction to facilities for use as needed, then shown a location to change if they desire when comfortable.
The other host was in the kitchen/dining area as normal attending to the evenings needs.

This post was edited

I would think that most people who are nude at resorts would also be nude at home.
There are actually a lot of recreational nudists that are not home nudists (and by that I'm including nudists who are naked at home most or all of the times) for a variety of reasons. Especially here in the Midwest, where it is currently -9 degrees.

My suggestion: Note in your invitations that the gathering is "clothing optional." Put out towels. At least one of you should be naked as guests arrive. If you aren't, no one will feel comfortable being the first to undress. You can, as you greet people, let them know where they can "leave your things if you like", and prime that spot with an outfit of clothing, typically laid onto a bed (which also signals that the bed will not be used.) You can use a foyer space or somesuch, too - but some people are more shy about undressing than they are about being undressed.

Good suggestions. My wife's idea to send out the invite with "bring your own towel" underlined is one "hint"; and walking into our living room, with towels already laid out on the couch, is pretty much understood by all nudists as to their intent.
I don't think either one of us is quite ready to just open the door naked as they arrive. But being "lightly covered" might just have the "desired effect." My wife has a light strapless onesie that I'm sure our guests would recognize as her "pre-nudity" accoutrement. All these factors combined just might be enough to get the ball rolling. I can't imagine that none of our guests would bring up the "nudist setup." And if the response is positive; then that's my cue to get naked first and show our guests to the guest room for "private" disrobing.

This is quite a bit of speculation here on my part; but at least I've got some ideas as opposed to none lol!

This post was edited

The only nudist guests that I have hosted in my home were invited with the expectation that we would be nude. My nudist friends who give a lot of parties came to the conclusion a while ago that clothing optional never worked. They found that people became uncomfortable one way or the other. their parties are either clothed or nude and its made clear in the invitation. I can see how a private home vs a resort can create a different perspective for guests. Especially if theyve never been to your home. Maybe a clothed get together first where you discuss possible future nude gatherings. .

This post was edited

I can see how a private home vs a resort can create a different perspective for guests. Especially if they've never been to your home. Maybe a clothed get together first where you discuss possible future nude gatherings.

This is actually a strong consideration. Brunch with one couple and dinner with another. Bringing up having a potentially nudist get-together at our home, with each couple separately, and seeing how they respond. If the response is positive, that cuts through a lot of the ambiguity; and would make me opening the door naked as they arrive less "unexpected."
In addition, we are closest to one couple; and whereas having everyone arrive at the same time might cause her to be squeamish about being naked right away, having them arrive a little earlier would solve that issue. She absolutely would get naked when her "nudist BFF" arrives; who then would undoubtedly join her right away. And by the time everyone else arrives, that's 4 of us already naked; and it becomes clearer for them what the "tone" of the evening is going to be.

This process would require more careful planning and time; but it eliminates much of the "ambiguity". I'll be sure to discuss with the wife.

Good call!

This post was edited

I've read through the comments but not responded until now. What I would have suggested, you (Nudony), have already taken those suggestions into consideration. I hope this gathering works out for you.

I'm reminded of our first nudist friends visit to our home. They were a beach couple we'd met during our early years of social nudism. We invited them for dinner and pool/spa time. I heated the pool and the hot tub. It was a mild summer afternoon. When they arrived, we greeted them covered by not necessarily clothed. I wore a sarong, and my wife was in a cover up. After the welcome hugs, we told them we'd show them to the guest room where they could leave their things and "get as comfortable as you'd like." We showed them the basket of towels at the front door, in case they didn't bring one.

They both emerged from the guest bedroom wearing similar things that we had on. We poured them a fun summer drink, gave them a tour of the house. We took them outside to the backyard to show them the privacy we enjoy. As we sat at the patio table, I initiated the nudity. I took the sarong off and sat on it. Our male friend followed suit and asked if he could get in the pool. As he got up and walked to the pool, my wife took her cover up off and then the female friend followed suit. These were people we didn't know lived naked, like we did.

In comparison, we met two other couples at a resort. We invited them to our home separately at first. After picking them up from the airport and arriving home, we showed them their room. I went into our bedroom and emerged naked. My wife was dressed and, in the kitchen, preparing some snacks and drinks. Our friends emerged, he naked, she in a short wrap and topless. Once downstairs, we all walked into the kitchen. My wife then said, "I need to go up and join the party." My wife returned naked and our female friend then took off her wrap.

Subsequent multiple visits from these two couples and though we have to pick them up from the airport dressed, I'm naked before they get upstairs to the guest bedroom. My wife follows them up and the three emerge soon, usually naked but on occasion with a short wrap for the women. Even though, our nudist friends, all live naked most of every day, like us, I think they still are looking for the hosts to set the tone and mood. Given the parameters and the fact that you've all seen each other naked on multiple occasions, if they are comfortable with nudity in an intimate setting, they'll join suit or won't. If they are uncomfortable with the nudity in that setting, then it can become a covered gathering and you'll know for the next one who is comfortable with being naked and who is not.

This post was edited