[removed] plans for summer in magic circle

It is my understanding that my grandson is going to spend the summer in the magic Circle in Quartz site Arizona with his aunt because he needs a place to stay for the summer. His mom has to go to work and money is tight so he cant afford to have him any plans for activities and wants him to just stay there so he has a place to stay. His mom says that hes just going to reside there while hes out of school between memorial day and Labor Day to just relax and be nude for the summer and while he is only 15 there is nothing wrong with this but Is this even possible because its so hot and with nothing for him to do I would think it might be a little hot for him, and he might be a little bored with just being nude. Seems pretty extreme for a kid to have nothing to do and no clothes for the summer but is that acceptable? And will anybody care? Just wondering if this is ok.

This topic was edited
RE:[removed] plans for summer in magic circle

To me it seems as though a 'man' his age should be able to entertain himself fine, especially if there are others around his age who could be playmates. The heat is surely a factor in AZ that time of year - as much water as he can consume will be necessary, and more sunscreen than a typical RV can hold will be a given. I spent a month with my aunt and uncle camping out west in 1971 -- it was the most fantastic experience and gave me lifelong memories I cherish. My three cousins were there most of the time as well, so there are differences, but as long as auntie is treating your g-son as an adult and he's acting like one, I see this as an opportunity for him to grow up with a respect for nature and for being natural as well. So don't worry - any more than a g-ma can anyway. Are you going to go visit them during the summer?

It is my understanding that my grandson is going to spend the summer in the magic Circle in Quartz site Arizona with his aunt because he needs a place to stay for the summer. His mom has to go to work and money is tight so he cant afford to have him any plans for activities and wants him to just stay there so he has a place to stay. His mom says that hes just going to reside there while hes out of school between memorial day and Labor Day to just relax and be nude for the summer and while he is only 15 there is nothing wrong with this but Is this even possible because its so hot and with nothing for him to do I would think it might be a little hot for him, and he might be a little bored with just being nude. Seems pretty extreme for a kid to have nothing to do and no clothes for the summer but is that acceptable? And will anybody care? Just wondering if this is ok.

This post was edited
RE:[removed] plans for summer in magic circle

The normal camping season for the Magic Circle is from Sep 15 - April 15 with a permit. Check with the BLM at La Posa South if you are allowed to camp there more than 14 days during the summer. They may not have the water / sewer / trash services open. It is certainly brutally hot. Over 100 every day in late April. Summer can get over 120. It just doesnt seem normal for anyone to want to camp there in summer. There is nothing much to do other than hike, explore, camp. You are 3 miles from town which is pretty much dead in summer due to the heat.

This post was edited