RE: To be True or not to be True, that is the question

LoL Swift, I loved the "master" comment, I was going to do the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I'd be interested in what TT1 says on Facebook.

I think what Uni and others are getting at with the pictures and what is bothersome to me is: A) Why put up a bunch of pictures of naked people you do not know? and B) At resorts and other places, you MUST have the permission of the person you are phtographing, and most likely the prior approval of the local management, this ensures that the person being potographed has GIVEN PERMISSION, thus respcting their rights. I am hesitant to believe that TT1 received permission from all those people in all of those pictures.

Nudism is much more than just taking your clothes off. It is a frame of mind. Remember, all of this can be healthy or un-healthy depending on the point of view and motives. As I mentioned before, body acceptance is a part of nudism. Not just acceptance of your body, but of people in general. Tolerance and commonality are two other aspects.

My much belabored point is, respect of other's rights and privileges is at the core of nudism. Why would the powers that be exploit other's rights to bring pictures of unknown people that ultimately show disrespect to the participant in the picture and send a message that only pretty people are good enough for his pictures. Women are especially sensitive and I would bet after seeing the gallery that a good number of women have said "Whoa, I'm not putting my picture up there to be compared with them!". Women for all their lives have had a runway to compete with, tv ads to show just how anorexic they should be. Nudism should overcome our (mostly American) prejudices, this should be where everyone is made to feel at home, and accepted for who they are, not made to feel less than pictures of unknown pretty people.

But I digress. I do not feel that the owners did this out of any malice, as I said before, I just don't understand the reason behind it. I have a feeling that they did it to get the ball rolling as it were. Get some pics up of people nude, having fun and others will follow. I believe that it is an oversight and as a guy, I really didn't think about it at first. However, I think there should be a "disclaimers" section where this might be addressed. Also, I am very certain that a lot of people are not going to become "True Nudists" until they are really certain what the motivation behind the leadership here really is. I don't have a job where my pics are going to get me fired. I'm not part of the church outreach program, no longer going to parent-teacher conferences. I'm not fighting for custody of a minor. But you can bet money that those people are out there and their privacy is paramount, and you cannot blame them. Nudism, for all its strides is still not mainstream. We as humans, especially here in the great US of A, do not like "fringe" ideas and people. We stereotype them, label them and put them aside with the mentally deranged and socially sick.

I digress again..... sorry for rambling. I just hope that I can bridge the gap between the two positions so that more people can feel comfortable with opening up and accepting the lifestyle. Birds of a feather....

Thanks

Jerry

This post was edited

so far this one is one of the best, inspite of the recent absence of the admins. I sure would like to see it that way, but having my doubts.
Why is the Admin on Facebook or what ever, the Admin needs to be here doing what needs to be done to make as Swift said the "BEST SITE"
And Uni I would like to know of this other site? If the mass of pictures were put up to intice others to post theirs then maybe they were put up their for the wrong reasons, like Jerry said, it is more about just taking your clothes off.
So 'WHO IS MINDING THE STORE" ??????

This post was edited

This is really strange, I am probably the most pessimistic person you are ever likely to meet, I am convinced that happy people go around with their eyes shut and I constantly have to stop myself as I know I must come across as a killjoy, but, I have to disagree on this one.
I very much doubt that this place is making a fortune, I suspect that there are a few people working their buts off to keep it going and I think that we should be very grateful for full access to a free site. Everyone's idea of perfection is different and there are more than a few things here that I find irritating and annoying, but when all is said and done, it is free.
I've looked a TT1's pics (if you look by username) there are about 51 of them. Yes they are mostly younger, but then so is he and he probably doesn't hang out with the geriatrics. I think it unlikely that he has posted without permission and getting permission from normal overweight people is bound to be more difficult than from those that are fit and proud of their bodies. It makes me laugh when I here overweight people banging on about how they are proud to be big, nine times out of ten I suspect that it's a way to avoid facing up to the problem, It is a fact, obesity IS dangerous, and there is a reason why you don't see a lot of very OLD overweight people walking about, THEY ARE DEAD.
There IS quite a mix of, groups, couples, single female AND MEN, yes they do tend to be young and therefore quite fit, but they are by no means a collection of pin ups, and there are also a lot of very attractive ordinary members there as well. Yes it has been taken to extremes and we're brainwashed into thinking that we should all be trying to mimic these airbrushed pinups, but at the end of the day, it's better to aspire to be more like them, than DEAD!
I understand that some women will feel intimidated and not want to compete with those blessed with a good figure, (many of which have often gone to great pains to get it) but that is no reason to ban them from a photo gallery, after all, you wouldn't want to ban them from the beach.
And what does a picture from "another website" look like ?
No, there are far bigger things in this world to worry about.

This post was edited

This is really strange, I am probably the most pessimistic person you are ever likely to meet, I am convinced that happy people go around with their eyes shut and I constantly have to stop myself as I know I must come across as a killjoy, but, I have to disagree on this one.
# Ok, I am trying the quote thing for the first time. I am glad you disagree, if we all agreed all the time, it would be rather boaring.That's not to say that I am here to start a bar brawl either, just asking questions and testing the waters, as it were. Just in case I don't get the quoting correct, I'll use# in front of my answers.
I very much doubt that this place is making a fortune, I suspect that there are a few people working their buts off to keep it going and I think that we should be very grateful for full access to a free site. Everyone's idea of perfection is different and there are more than a few things here that I find irritating and annoying, but when all is said and done, it is free. # True. I would say there is probably one poor soul at the helm, he's paying the electric and the internet connection, he coughed up the money for the server, scrounged an operating system and duct taped the cdrom on the side. Oh, nevermind, that was me when I ran www.aunaturelresorts.com years ago. But it's probably something like that. Which is really not what the point of the discussion is and as long as I am rambling on about money. D O N A T E !!! If you like this board, especially if you think it is the best you have been on, then please put a few dollars, even if only a few, into it. There are electric bills, cooling bills, internet bills, then a piece of hardware fails, or the database gets so corrupted you have to call in help. If you like it, please put just a little into it, to keep it. Donate Often. Every month is another electric bill.#Ok, now off my soapbox.I've looked a TT1's pics (if you look by username) there are about 51 of them. Yes they are mostly younger, but then so is he and he probably doesn't hang out with the geriatrics. # Dang, he is one lucky dude. 70% of all nudists are over 50 years of age. I don't know where the young one's play, (hey I'm only 42), but every nudist resort that I have been to the median age is at least 50. Oh there are a few younger ones, but the majority are not in their 20's or 30's.I think it unlikely that he has posted without permission and getting permission from normal overweight people is bound to be more difficult than from those that are fit and proud of their bodies. # I'd say that is a 50-50 split either way. My experience has been that even the pretty one's think there is something wrong and don't want to expose themselves. That's part of what nudism does, it promotes a better body image.It makes me laugh when I here overweight people banging on about how they are proud to be big, nine times out of ten I suspect that it's a way to avoid facing up to the problem, # I've never heard someone talk like that. Probably to cover up any bad feelings. It is a fact, obesity IS dangerous, and there is a reason why you don't see a lot of very OLD overweight people walking about, THEY ARE DEAD. #Actually....... If I could take a picture of the nudists at my last three resorts, they are still alive an kicking, and they are old. It's not a nudist problem, it's a national epidemic and there are a lot of issues at play; diseases and disorders.There IS quite a mix of, groups, couples, single female AND MEN, yes they do tend to be young and therefore quite fit, but they are by no means a collection of pin ups, and there are also a lot of very attractive ordinary members there as well. Yes it has been taken to extremes and we're brainwashed into thinking that we should all be trying to mimic these airbrushed pinups, but at the end of the day, it's better to aspire to be more like them, than DEAD! # Anorexia kills too. There are several problems. My point was that I have evidently been attending the wrong nudist clubs, because if you look at my list of places, the majority of the people there are 50, and chunky. Ok, so I'm 40 and chunky, I break the mold on that one.... But you get my point.I understand that some women will feel intimidated and not want to compete with those blessed with a good figure, (many of which have often gone to great pains to get it) but that is no reason to ban them from a photo gallery, after all, you wouldn't want to ban them from the beach.# I'm not suggesting banninganything. Iquestion why there are so many photo's of very athletic people nude. And why some of them have to be so revealing, IE: the spread legs syndrome.And what does a picture from "another website" look like ?# I think the issue with pictures from other web sites deals with "if they are stealing them from there, then the won't have any problem sending mine somewhere" No, there are far bigger things in this world to worry about.# True, as a matter of fact in just a few hoursthere will be an Octoberfest here and I'm more worried about getting my loaf of bread baked so I can get there in time to sample the German beer!!!!!Thanks for the reparte!Jerry

This post was edited

Yeah, I definately did not get the quote thing to work correctly, must be something with my browser, bummer.

This post was edited

Yeah Earl, I do have to agree with you there, however, she did send me a link to the site and she did state reasons as to why she didn't complete a profile here. As it's not my place to say, I'm not going to say anything, suffice it to say I'm satisfied with her reasonings.

As far as the website is concerned, I checked it out and to be honest I don't think it's any better or worse than here. At least as far as the ability to blog, chat and forums are concerned, though from what I can see it didn't have any photo verification. lol...Which, to me is a feature that I don't really want to live with out now that I have it. It did kind of creep me out though, as when I completed my profile it grabbed a pic of me and my details from somewhere (without my permission or even telling me it was going to do it). Where, I'm not too sure, but I'm not interested in a site that does that. I've se deleted my profile from there....at least I hope I did. lol

This post was edited

LoL Swift, I loved the "master" comment, I was going to do the same thing, but you beat me to it. I'd be interested in what TT1 says on Facebook. I think what Uni and others are getting at with the pictures and what is bothersome to me is: A) Why put up a bunch of pictures of naked people you do not know? and B) At resorts and other places, you MUST have the permission of the person you are phtographing, and most likely the prior approval of the local management, this ensures that the person being potographed has GIVEN PERMISSION, thus respcting their rights. I am hesitant to believe that TT1 received permission from all those people in all of those pictures. Nudism is much more than just taking your clothes off. It is a frame of mind. Remember, all of this can be healthy or un-healthy depending on the point of view and motives. As I mentioned before, body acceptance is a part of nudism. Not just acceptance of your body, but of people in general. Tolerance and commonality are two other aspects. My much belabored point is, respect of other's rights and privileges is at the core of nudism. Why would the powers that be exploit other's rights to bring pictures of unknown people that ultimately show disrespect to the participant in the picture and send a message that only pretty people are good enough for his pictures. Women are especially sensitive and I would bet after seeing the gallery that a good number of women have said "Whoa, I'm not putting my picture up there to be compared with them!". Women for all their lives have had a runway to compete with, tv ads to show just how anorexic they should be. Nudism should overcome our (mostly American) prejudices, this should be where everyone is made to feel at home, and accepted for who they are, not made to feel less than pictures of unknown pretty people. But I digress. I do not feel that the owners did this out of any malice, as I said before, I just don't understand the reason behind it. I have a feeling that they did it to get the ball rolling as it were. Get some pics up of people nude, having fun and others will follow. I believe that it is an oversight and as a guy, I really didn't think about it at first. However, I think there should be a "disclaimers" section where this might be addressed. Also, I am very certain that a lot of people are not going to become "True Nudists" until they are really certain what the motivation behind the leadership here really is. I don't have a job where my pics are going to get me fired. I'm not part of the church outreach program, no longer going to parent-teacher conferences. I'm not fighting for custody of a minor. But you can bet money that those people are out there and their privacy is paramount, and you cannot blame them. Nudism, for all its strides is still not mainstream. We as humans, especially here in the great US of A, do not like "fringe" ideas and people. We stereotype them, label them and put them aside with the mentally deranged and socially sick. I digress again..... sorry for rambling. I just hope that I can bridge the gap between the two positions so that more people can feel comfortable with opening up and accepting the lifestyle. Birds of a feather.... Thanks Jerry

JR, I have to say well said mate! As I was reading through your post I was formulating my argument in my mind when BAM, you took it away from me. Like you said,I do believe that for good or bad, those pics were put up to get the "ball rolling". Having a picture gallery is kind of like a dance floor, nobody wants to be the first one out there, so they probably put up a spread of pics to get people comfortable enough to throw some up there. We can speculate as to where they got them from, but really, it will only be that, speculation. It would be interesting to see how Cowboy went with him on Facebook and hopefully he'll be kind enough to let us all know. Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

Hehe...as for the quotes, yeah, they kind of mess me up every now and again too. To be perfectly honest, the person you want to ask about how to do it right, would be Phil. The guy isa bloody whiz when it comes to this stuff. lol

This post was edited

Hehe...as for the quotes, yeah, they kind of mess me up every now and again too. To be perfectly honest, the person you want to ask about how to do it right, would be Phil. The guy isa bloody whiz when it comes to this stuff. lol
It would be interesting to see how Cowboy went with him on Facebook and hopefully he'll be kind enough to let us all know. Enquiring minds want to know. ;)
To do the QUOTE thing select the Quote Button take out all the text that you want removed but make sure that the very beggining hasTHEN ALL THE TEXT YOU WANT IN HERE, Then this at the very end- just make sure thatis first then is ended by- you can copy & paste the text inbetween-

This post was edited

see that did not work here
just make sure you have -quote with these two brackets [ ] around it FIRST
Them make sure you have -/quote with these two brackets [ ] around it at the END

This post was edited

Thanks for the quote help guys. And Phil, please feel free to explain. I am a little embarassed though, it's not like I haven't been working with computers for 20 years.....ack
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited