To be True or not to be True, that is the question

I've noticed that the vast majority of users on this site have not been certified users yet. As it was one of the major reasons why I joined here (that and the chatroom lol), I'm curious as to why. I know you kind of feel dorky holding a sign in front of a camera, but really, it's not that bad. So, you people who aren't certified, why dont' you take the plunge? Curious minds want to know. :)

This topic was edited
RE: To be True or not to be True, that is the question

Simple, camera's bust. When I get round to it, I'll get my neighbour to take one and e-mail it to me. Anyway, don't know if it's worth going to the trouble, not seen a list of reasons why I should. What are the benefits apart from being able to see all the pics and the perceived increased credibility?

This post was edited

lol...Fix the camera then. :P lol...To be honest, I thought you already were Phil, but I can see now that you aren't.

Aside from what you've mentioned and that there are seperate forums & chat rooms, I feel the true benefit will come with time. I don't know how long this site has been around, but I get the impression that it has just gone through a major overhaul. I would like to think that once people catch on to getting verified, the verified people will only talk to others who are verified. Those people who do not become verified, will invaribly be left in the dust and not chat to anyone.

Look at the problems we had on Nudistspace, you never knew who you were talking to. It's a huge problem, not only there, but all over the bloody net. If people here took advantage of the security features here, it would be a much safer place to chat. You could feel comfortable with the fact that you were talking to people who are who they say they are. Kind of wade through 90% of the bullshit as it were. To me it's just a no brainer.

This post was edited

Anyway, don't know if it's worth going to the trouble, not seen a list of reasons why I should. What are the benefits apart from being able to see all the pics and the perceived increased credibility?
Have to agree Phil, at the moment I am still not convinced, I know I am a True Nudist and I damn well know where we have gone and all, and I made sure my profile was filled out, just too many on here with no profile, and I totally reject any friends request that do not have a profile, but we seem to be holding our own, I fell anyone with out a profile should not be allowed in, and the pictures you post here are not protected so anyone can grab pictures and use where ever they want. Guess being cert a True Nudist will come when I feel comfortable enough to do it. So far not a bad site but can see some cleaning up to do. Just my 2 cents for the day!

This post was edited

This so we know that at least people aren't just throwing pics from the web onto a username to be on the site and gawk. Recent events prove that there are many people who got on the site to harass women or men sexually or for reasons other than being a true nudists. We need to do everything we can to keep this a true nudist site and being certifed is just one way.
That is exactly why I do not go to other sites, just too much BS, and also one of the biggest reasons you do not find women posting is because of the harrassment andI can not blame them. I strongly believe that the first step is to have a complete profile with picture then the True Nudist Cert is the seal I guess.

This post was edited

There actually is a really good thread about this going with a lot of great answers from folks about why they have or haven't become "certified". Check it out under the announcements forum in the "keep it clean" thread.I actually agree with both sides of the coin on this one. It's a fantastic idea to help filter out a lot of the BS that you get on other sites but at the same time I can completely understand why someone would be somewhat hesitant to put themselves out there if you will.
Jon-Marc, that's a great story aboutyour experience in the hospital LOL. I can just picture the look on that womans face during the phone conversation HAHA. I work in the health care industry and believe it or not there are actually some really crazy laws and regulations that we have to follow in an effort to preserve patient modesty regardless of whether they give a damn or not. I've got loads of great stories to go along with that line of thought but there justisn't enough time in the day to type them all out here.

This post was edited

I don't know if the profiles are checked before certification is granted or not, but they should be. If everyone did take advantage of the security features here there would be a lot less for the gawkers to look at. Most of the site, especially the gallery should be only available to true nudists. I think it should be a lot harder to get certified, maybe need six truenudists to recommend you or something. If all you have to do is wave into your web cam, anyone (well, except me :( can do it, therefore to be really safe, you need to make your pic's only available to your friends.
AND, ..... I think you should ALL start a petition, ......... to, ..... "GET PHIL CERTIFIED!"
:)
hehe, have a nice day !!!

This post was edited

I like the certification, I have had way too many issues with so called nudists and it gets annoying, I don't like wasting my time with them.

This post was edited

Phil
I have made our pictures only available to Friends & True Nudist if you will, the pictures are not safe and can be copied by anyone. But I do feel strongly about the profile thing,but anyone can fake that as well, I will deny anyone that does not have a profile, as it states ??? wants to be your friend, well how can ??? be my friend if I have no idea who ??? is or anything about them?

This post was edited

Phil I have made our pictures only available to Friends & True Nudist if you will, the pictures are not safe and can be copied by anyone. But I do feel strongly about the profile thing,but anyone can fake that as well, I will deny anyone that does not have a profile, as it states ??? wants to be your friend, well how can ??? be my friend if I have no idea who ??? is or anything about them?
My sentiments precisely, I also like to wait until I can see that they have made several posts or comments, or even an e-mail would be nice,and that I'm not simply being used to achieve a ridiculously high, friends list total.

This post was edited

My sentiments precisely, I also like to wait until I can see that they have made several posts or comments, or even an e-mail would be nice,and that I'm not simply being used to achieve a ridiculously high, friends list total.

I have turned down three today so far and one was from the same one I turned down before, I'm not looking for high marks or anything, when I get a friends request I look at the profile, if they have not filled it out "Gone" then I look at the pictures, if I see something that I do not feel right about, "Gone" just my way of screening and the biggest share of the friends asked first. I want to know who you are no matter how it works, and think that is one thing that they should make manditory is a complete profile before you ever gain access to the site.
And one of the things I see here is that their are not too many options to get in touch with who ever is running the site? or did I miss it somewhere? Am sure there are a lot of bugs to work out, will come in time?

This post was edited