Bare Necessities Nude Cruise

Hi All, I just went on the 2024 nude cruise, it was awesome. Does anyone enjoy going, or wanting to go on the 2025 cruise? I am hoping to meet someone to share it with.

This topic was edited
RE:Bare Necessities Nude Cruise

2024 BNB was my first time and I was glad it was only a week. With next year being longer, I can't possibly swing talking 2 weeks off from work and expecting there not to be disaster when I get back lol. I'd be curious to hear how I goes on NCL as I've only cruised with them once (as opposed to 17 with Carnival).

This post was edited

2024 BNB was my first time and I was glad it was only a week. With next year being longer, I can't possibly swing talking 2 weeks off from work and expecting there not to be disaster when I get back lol. I'd be curious to hear how I goes on NCL as I've only cruised with them once (as opposed to 17 with Carnival).

Were you nude as often as possible on the cruise?
Did you try the watersildes?
The schedule for next years BnB (12 days including 2 full work weeks) makes it sound like it is designed primarily for retirees.
I have never been on a nude cruise or on Carnival, but have been on Norwegian 3 times, once with a couple that usually goes on Carnival. My impression is that Norwegian is a notch above Carnival overall. That was there impression also. One thing they didn't like about Norwegian is there is no self service guest laundry. They hadn't packed enough clothing for the cruise so they had to send a load or two to the valet laundry. Should be less of a problem on a nude cruise. One thing they said was better on Carnival was the activities for teens and young adults. Since they often bring some of their nieces or nephews with them, they prefer Carnival for that reason.
Two of the Norwegian cruises we took were on ships in the same class as the one that will be used for next years BNB cruise.
There is poolside buffet that serves peak hour lunch and an outdoor buffet that serves breakfast and late lunch.
They are advertised as come as you are, even in your nightwear or swimwear.
While I did have some lunches in just a swimsuit, I doubt if my only "nighthwear" (wedding ring and smart watch) or preferred "swimwear" (wedding ring only} would be allowed unless it was the BNB.

This post was edited

Were you nude as often as possible on the cruise?Did you try the watersildes?The schedule for next years BnB (12 days including 2 full work weeks) makes it sound like it is designed primarily for retirees.I have never been on a nude cruise or on Carnival, but have been on Norwegian 3 times, once with a couple that usually goes on Carnival. My impression is that Norwegian is a notch above Carnival overall. That was there impression also. One thing they didn't like about Norwegian is there is no self service guest laundry. They hadn't packed enough clothing for the cruise so they had to send a load or two to the valet laundry. Should be less of a problem on a nude cruise. One thing they said was better on Carnival was the activities for teens and young adults. Since they often bring some of their nieces or nephews with them, they prefer Carnival for that reason.Two of the Norwegian cruises we took were on ships in the same class as the one that will be used for next years BNB cruise.There is poolside buffet that serves peak hour lunch and an outdoor buffet that serves breakfast and late lunch.They are advertised as come as you are, even in your nightwear or swimwear.While I did have some lunches in just a swimsuit, I doubt if my only "nighthwear" (wedding ring and smart watch) or preferred "swimwear" (wedding ring only} would be allowed unless it was the BNB.

I would say when the weather cooperated, I was nude probably 60% of the time, mainly outdoors by the pool area. Inside was a bit chilly for me with the AC going. With that said, I did not do the water slides and there weren't a whole lot of people actually in the pool because it was cold, even for Canadians lol.

The one NCL cruise I went on, I wasn't really a fan of. Because the drinks were included, the bartenders didn't care or put much effort in, so they were terrible. The food was decent and I'll say it has gone downhill in the main dining room on carnival. But I agree with the activities for more young adults. The sports bar on NCL only showed soccer throughout the cruise and on Sunday did finally showed NFL games, there were no "fun" activities like scavenger hunts, corn hole, or beer pong contests, no high energy music at the main pool or line dancing, and in general felt like it catered to retirees, so NCL might be more appealing for it's laid back ambiance when compared to Carnival. Haha and yes those items would only be acceptable for BNB, although on Carnival we still had to wear clothes in the dining rooms. I'd imagine that's still the case when it's BNB.

This post was edited

Were you nude as often as possible on the cruise?Did you try the watersildes?The schedule for next years BnB (12 days including 2 full work weeks) makes it sound like it is designed primarily for retirees.I have never been on a nude cruise or on Carnival, but have been on Norwegian 3 times, once with a couple that usually goes on Carnival. My impression is that Norwegian is a notch above Carnival overall. That was there impression also. One thing they didn't like about Norwegian is there is no self service guest laundry. They hadn't packed enough clothing for the cruise so they had to send a load or two to the valet laundry. Should be less of a problem on a nude cruise. One thing they said was better on Carnival was the activities for teens and young adults. Since they often bring some of their nieces or nephews with them, they prefer Carnival for that reason.Two of the Norwegian cruises we took were on ships in the same class as the one that will be used for next years BNB cruise.There is poolside buffet that serves peak hour lunch and an outdoor buffet that serves breakfast and late lunch.They are advertised as come as you are, even in your nightwear or swimwear.While I did have some lunches in just a swimsuit, I doubt if my only "nighthwear" (wedding ring and smart watch) or preferred "swimwear" (wedding ring only} would be allowed unless it was the BNB.I would say when the weather cooperated, I was nude probably 60% of the time, mainly outdoors by the pool area. Inside was a bit chilly for me with the AC going. With that said, I did not do the water slides and there weren't a whole lot of people actually in the pool because it was cold, even for Canadians lol.The one NCL cruise I went on, I wasn't really a fan of. Because the drinks were included, the bartenders didn't care or put much effort in, so they were terrible. The food was decent and I'll say it has gone downhill in the main dining room on carnival. But I agree with the activities for more young adults. The sports bar on NCL only showed soccer throughout the cruise and on Sunday did finally showed NFL games, there were no "fun" activities like scavenger hunts, corn hole, or beer pong contests, no high energy music at the main pool or line dancing, and in general felt like it catered to retirees, so NCL might be more appealing for it's laid back ambiance when compared to Carnival. Haha and yes those items would only be acceptable for BNB, although on Carnival we still had to wear clothes in the dining rooms. I'd imagine that's still the case when it's BNB.
We are retired and in our early 70s. Probably why I have a different types of activities I like. One of the 3 Norwegian Cruises did have a scavenger hunt. No corn hole, but did have mini golf on 1 or 2. It was great fun. We drink very little. We got the "free" drink package once and the gratuities were more than we would have spent on drinks.

This post was edited

I would say when the weather cooperated, I was nude probably 60% of the time, mainly outdoors by the pool area. Inside was a bit chilly for me with the AC going. With that said, I did not do the water slides and there weren't a whole lot of people actually in the pool because it was cold, even for Canadians lol.

I am surprised the pools are not heated.

This post was edited

One thing I forgot to ask.
Do many people exercise nude in the gym or do running or walking laps around the track nude?
When I went to a clothing optional men's spa in Ft. Lauderdale, most of the men were nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sundeck, but very few were in the gym?

This post was edited

One thing I forgot to ask.Do many people exercise nude in the gym or do running or walking laps around the track nude?When I went to a clothing optional men's spa in Ft. Lauderdale, most of the men were nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sundeck, but very few were in the gym?

I went to the gym every sea day morning and about half of the people there were nude, mostly on the treadmills and stationary bikes. The free weights area had a higher percentage of clothed people, but fewer total people. The gym was more crowded at the beginning of the cruise and tailed off as the week went on.

The walking/jogging track on deck 10 was almost all nude use. Not that many up there since there were so many already there just for the sun deck and it made it a little harder for the joggers to get through. I did see a few run or walk by in the morning while I was in the gym. They were clothed, but it was cooler than as well.

This post was edited

Was everyone tipickered out from all the dancing and partying and touring as the week went on?I went to the gym every sea day morning and about half of the people there were nude, mostly on the treadmills and stationary bikes. The free weights area had a higher percentage of clothed people, but fewer total people. The gym was more crowded at the beginning of the cruise and tailed off as the week went on.

This post was edited

[quoteI am surprised the pools are not heated.

On regular Carnival cruises, I believe the pools are just pulled and filtered from the ocean. And the hot tubs stayed full from morning to night, so I didn't get in there. It was tolerable to sit by the edge when we were down by the two Mexican ports, but still too cold to fully commit for me.

This post was edited

Was everyone tipickered out from all the dancing and partying and touring as the week went on?I went to the gym every sea day morning and about half of the people there were nude, mostly on the treadmills and stationary bikes. The free weights area had a higher percentage of clothed people, but fewer total people. The gym was more crowded at the beginning of the cruise and tailed off as the week went on.

I think it is more that the novelty wears off. I see the same thing on regular textile cruises. Everyone is gung-ho to exercise the first day, but then they get bored or sick of it and stop. I will admit I went later in the morning as the week went on, mostly because I knew I could and still find free treadmills. Dancing at the deck parties was awesome but they ruined the nightclub. It used to be two decks but they made it only one deck on the last refurb and now the sound is WAY too loud.

This post was edited