RE:"Urban non-landed" nudist events; and the future of nudism.

What is the difference between a landed club and a resort?

Amenities. A landed club may be nothing more than space, though probably a pool at minimum. As you start adding more types of activities, you get closer to the "resort" moniker. A resort will usually have a full service full-time restaurant, full service hotel, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, i.e. lots of various activities. The distinction can be blurred middle of the road.

John

This post was edited

nudony wrote:

So my wife and I went to an "urban non-landed" nudist club event. Usually my wife will categorically refuse to be naked standing shoulder to shoulder with other nudists, in a crowded enclosed space. But she was actually easily swayed by the fact that that she was interested in the actual event; and the venue was literally 15 mins down the street.All of this doesn't take away from the fact that my wife and I had fun. As a matter of fact we are already planning our next event. But is it something that will eventually replace "traditional" nudism in the future? I think it's its "own thing"; and some nudists will enjoy being able to enjoy social nudity close to home. Others will still prefer nature.

I'd heard that some colleges have sorority/fraternity parties where the participants are naked, in an atmosphere where sexual displays are discouraged, but they are invited to experiment with being nude in a social environment. That seems like a good step.

And in my own experience, I lived in a house where we had a hot tub, and we invited several people in our larger social circle of work and play to come over for a dip. We were all in our twenties and thirties. We never required swimwear, and every participant was happy to get naked and join the fun. That was also the case for the other people in our circle who had hot tubs or pools. I remember having some people from Sweden over, and they remarked that social nudity was so common there, and so uncommon here, that they were pleasantly surprised to find our home so nude-friendly.

This post was edited

Finding those events and groups of genuine nudists folks is the challenge for me. Since my wife is not a nudist, as a solo male, I am not all that welcome anyway. That said, if I were able to meet and get acquainted, I'm confident I would be welcome. That said, I would also prefer a more balanced gender gathering as it provides a more relaxed environment for the women.

This post was edited