A simple poll....

How many of you used to be paying members, but stopped due to the ongoing issues with the site?

How many of you are only here because you paid a lifetime subscription and just stay hoping for the best?

I fall into the second category.

John aka cobeachbum

This topic was edited
RE:A simple poll....

In the second category as well

How many of you used to be paying members, but stopped due to the ongoing issues with the site?How many of you are only here because you paid a lifetime subscription and just stay hoping for the best?I fall into the second category.John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Paid a lifetime sub year ago which seemed to be a non-sustainable model for the site but I took it. Generally the site is much worse than what I joined. Sometimes I don't care to get here for days weeks at a time as a result :(

I would not mind paying again or more if there were an admin team working the site that was present and actually doing something. The fakes and spammers are tiring.

This post was edited

Category 2 also.

This post was edited

Liretime...

This post was edited

Jeeezuz, can't edit? I meant "lifetime",,

This post was edited

Somewhat #2.
I still find some good discussions here, but less than in the past.
Lack of ability to edit or delete is frustrating.
Frequently of posts to be "friends" is more so.
This is mainly in the groups.
Don't know if they are there because moderators have lost delete function or lack of attention on the part of some of them.
Could a moderator please comment?

This post was edited

This post was edited

Somewhat #2.I still find some good discussions here, but less than in the past.Lack of ability to edit or delete is frustrating.Frequently of posts to be "friends" is more so.This is mainly in the groups.Don't know if they are there because moderators have lost delete function or lack of attention on the part of some of them.Could a moderator please comment?

I do not moderate any groups, but I have seen a post or two that moderators no longer have the ability to edit or delete posts in their groups. There is a work around that I have posted for you to edit or delete your own posts. I would assume the same process can be used as a moderator, but the keyword you need to add may be different and you have to do the process for each post you want to modify. It would be a bit labor intensive.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I paid the annual fee for a few years and then paid the lifetime. It made good sense from this end but not from an administration type view. They may have needed a cash inflow for a project or purchase, who knows. What I cant understand is why they wont add more moderators. I understand that they are concerned about some running amuck but theres a fix. The folks that have been here 10+ years have human capital invested & know the ropes. TT1 & TT2 would do well to install a squad of those types to get rid of the trash. I suspect a good number of folks are waiting in the wings to boot / ban or delete the fakes and would enjoy it. Why they are not employed in the moderation efforts befuddles me. Maybe eventually when the SS True Nudists hits an iceberg in the north Atlantic.

This post was edited

Somewhat #2.I still find some good discussions here, but less than in the past.Lack of ability to edit or delete is frustrating.Frequently of posts to be "friends" is more so.This is mainly in the groups.Don't know if they are there because moderators have lost delete function or lack of attention on the part of some of them.Could a moderator please comment?I do not moderate any groups, but I have seen a post or two that moderators no longer have the ability to edit or delete posts in their groups. There is a work around that I have posted for you to edit or delete your own posts. I would assume the same process can be used as a moderator, but the keyword you need to add may be different and you have to do the process for each post you want to modify. It would be a bit labor intensive.John aka cobeachbum

It appears that your directions on how to delete or edit a post is in a certified members only part of the website.
I am not certified because I am not comfortable submitting a scan of my driver's license.
Would you be willing to either post the instructions somewhere that members who are not certified can see them to me in a Message.

This post was edited