The easiest lemonade recipe in the world.

My wife threw out our old beverage pitcher, and hasn't replaced it yet. All my iced tea and lemonade recipes are based on having to fill up a gallon jug, so I got kind of befuddled when she asked me to make her some lemonade - I'm just not used to making small amounts. After doing a little research, the old-fashioned trial-and-error method, I hit on the perfect way to make lemonade in any quantity you desire. You just use
One part sugar.
One part lemon juice.
Three to five parts water and ice (to taste).
What coule be simpler, eh? Since she has a 32 ounce water bottle she uses for work, I put in a cup of sugar, add water until it's about half full, and shake the heck out of it until it's dissolved. Add in a cup of lemon juice, fill up to the top with ice, and shake it up until the ice has melted enough to chill it. I end up with a quart of perfectly mixed lemonade - not too sweet, not too tart. Later on, I'll try to get more fancy with the maraschino cherry juice, and tangerine juice, and such. But for now, my motto is Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Just wanted to share.

This topic was edited
RE: The easiest lemonade recipe in the world.

Thanks for the idea Cotton. Pretty simple reciepe.....

Steve

This post was edited

Thanks for that Cotton, it is after all lemonade season now. =-D

This post was edited

Cold beer is the best drink on a hot day when relaxing in the sunshine and watching the wife mow the lawn.

This post was edited