Friends Request

We are a couple who live in AZ part time and PA. Question, We sould like to send a friends request to a few couples on TN, but their profile is private. Do we just wait and see if someone contacts us? We sould like to know a little info on the couple and see if we have a little in common before we send the request... help we are new to this.
Diane & Dave

This topic was edited
RE: Friends Request

Send the request...You can always remove the friend if you need to.

This post was edited

you can always send them a message asking for a little information about the couple since their profile is private. it is not needed to send a friend request, or to accept one, just to send a message.

This post was edited
Re: Friends request

I have twice accepted a friends request, because I have chatted with them in the chat room. This is although their profiles are private. Nevertheless, I prefer to be able to read the profile, to see whether we have common interests.

This post was edited

Keep in mind that some have been harrassed. Others will have other reasons, but a private profile doesn't necessarily mean an antisocial bent.
It does mean that they are rather deliberately taking on themselves all responsibility for interaction with others outside of their "friends" circle.
Depending on their reasons, that might be entirely justified.
True, I also tend to ignore private profiles, assuming that they do not wish others to contact them, but I could be wrong !
Of course, with a private profile, it's impossible to tell.

This post was edited