Caliente Caribe Resort - Nudist or Swinger Resort?

Whats going on with Caliente Caribe Resort & Spa? I keep hearing that if you aren't there when the swinger groups are there, it is boring ghost town? It looks so beautiful, but we aren't into the swinging, so we are a bit puzzled.
Endre

This topic was edited
RE: Caliente Caribe Resort - Nudist or Swinger Resort?

I believe it is definitely a swinger resort and very discriminatory. I asked for a tour there this past week during my vacation and I have never felt so offended in my life. You have to make over a certain amount of money per year, speak only english, and prove that my partner and I have the same address. I now know why they have lost their AANR certification.
I hope to post various warnings all over the internet now about this organization and truly cannot believe a business is basing their business directly on someones income and culture.
If you are in the Tampa area, definitely go to Lake Como. I felt truly welcome right from the beginning and now will plan on coming back at least once a year.
Nakemex

This post was edited

I too was interested in visiting Caliente in the future. Have not done too much research but it does look like a really nice place. Definately will reseach prior to commiting to a visit. Thanks for sharing information, I think knowledge is power.
Would love to hear from those who have been to get an all around picture of this place.

This post was edited

I believe it is definitely a swinger resort and very discriminatory. I asked for a tour there this past week during my vacation and I have never felt so offended in my life. You have to make over a certain amount of money per year, speak only english, and prove that my partner and I have the same address. I now know why they have lost their AANR certification. I hope to post various warnings all over the internet now about this organization and truly cannot believe a business is basing their business directly on someones income and culture. If you are in the Tampa area, definitely go to Lake Como. I felt truly welcome right from the beginning and now will plan on coming back at least once a year. Nakemex
If what you say about the place is right, then I couldn't imagine any normal true nudist would even think about going anywhere near it.

It certainly sounds a bit suspect to me.

This post was edited

Kind of Funny that a placed named "Caliente" requires everyone to speak only english!

This post was edited
RE: Caliente Resort in FL- Nudist or Swinger Resort?

It definitely isn't nudist. Some of the rental units have been reported as having mirrors on bedroom ceilings.
I was one who rallied in getting it out of the AANR. TNS didn't need as much of a push to disavow it.

This post was edited
RE: Caliente Resort, fl - Nudist or Swinger Resort?

Please note the one in FL is DIFFERENT that the other

This post was edited

Thank you all for all the information! Were so glad we asked! Right now, were looking at the Hidden Beach Resort at Cancun. Looks nice and their website states:

-Gawking and staring at other guests is not acceptable. Resort staff will immediately deal with complaints of gawking. Discretion is expected.
-Explicit sexual behavior in public areas is not permitted. If anyones behavior offends you, please report it immediately to resort staff.
-Sexual advances towards others will not be tolerated; if anyones actions make you uncomfortable, please notify the resort staff.

This is most expensive resort so far, but from the videos and other peoples comments on Tripadvisor, this sounds the most promising.

Thanks again

E&J

This post was edited

We're going to Caliente Caribe today for a week and will be happy to give you our update when we return. We've been to Hidden Beach and it was not lifestyle when we were there - it was very nice, you should enjoy it.

BlackTieByNight

This post was edited

BlackTieByNight, yes please give us an update.... we will appreciate it
E&J

This post was edited
Here you go!

Caliente Caribe visit, August
2nd thru 9th 2011.
We are a M/F couple in our late
50 early 60s in a committed monogamous relationship from California who enjoy the clothing optional lifestyle when appropriate.
Weve been to Club O, and now can add Caliente Caribe to our list of resorts
visited outside of the US. We did some research
before going to be sure we would not be going during a lifestyle week or with
a similar group so ended up going with The Honeys Group Trip 2011 (Deb and
Belkis). Before going we did receive a
sort of daily planner explaining the events that will be offered during our
stay which included things like;
Shuffle Board
Testicle Toss
Bocce Ball
Darts
Rock Painting
Balloon Toss
Body Painting
Along with a description of
the dinner dress themes that we found most people in the group did go along
with and dress up accordingly. Off
property excursions were offered as well but were not included in the $2,576.00
which we had paid for the week stay in an ocean front villa unit.
During our week we encountered
a total of around 30 people mostly M/F couples with one single female and two
single males (not a couple). We did not notice any public
display of affection other than an occasional holding of hands or a
kiss. About half the couples did take
pictures of each other being careful not to include anyone else in the
background etc. We would certainly agree
with most of the other writings and blogs about how beautiful the outdoor setting
and atmosphere was but would also agree that the place could use some upgrading
and minor repairs as it is not a high end luxury five star resort. We were given a tour upon arrival without any
problem. The top shelf drinks were just
that, they were not hidden or difficult to find as some others have written. If you wanted to take an entire bottle of
wine with you rather than a glass go ahead! As for the bedding, the King mattresses
are both Firm or Extra Firm so if you dont like one, just ask and they will
exchange your mattress for you. We were
told they are now in the planning stage of making some pillow tops to go over
the existing mattresses to make them a little softer. The gourmet dining was not that gourmet for
us but OK. There was a different menu for
each dinner. For breakfast and lunch the
same menu was used. I found it amusing to
see people spend time going over the one page menu for breakfast day after day
when it was always the same. The main dining room was an open setting with a
great ocean view. The lunches were
served at the Tiki Bar which was down near the villas and beach. It seemed the majority of people in our group
were all staying in the villa units, the few that were not could always be seen
lugging a big beach bag of stuff for the daily stay of lying out under a Tiki
hut on the beach/sand or by the pool. We
saw no one in the upper pool or spa during the day. We met the general manager, Patricia with her
two dogs that run freely at the resort; these are a small mutt type breed. A word of caution to those who like to run
around without any footwear at all we did step in some dog shit nicely hidden
in the lawn, so youve been warned.
There were also some small insects in the lawn/grass that like to bite
your feet and ankles. In the sand we saw
a lot of small ant type bugs that seemed constant. Anyway we enjoyed out trip and would go back
but after revisiting Club O and Hidden Beach in that order.

This post was edited