Would You Meet with Him?

I recently received this message from a guy here on TN:
"hi...I am coming to columbus next weekend. I don't know where we could get nude but it would be nice to meet you in person."
Although I have seen his picture on here, maybe on a forum or while looking for nudists in Ohio, I have never received any messages, friend requests, or anything from him before receiving the above message. His profile on TN is private - so all I could see was his picture and the city he is from.
I responded that I would not meet with anyone that I did not know something about. His response to me was to blast me for not meeting him and questioning whether I was even a nudist.
What I would like to know is - would any of you have met with him? Was I being too cautious?

This topic was edited
RE: Would You Meet with Him?

No I would not. I would not meet someone that I did not know anything about or what they looked like or if we had not chatted before meeting. It would make me uneasy and uncomfortable. Want to get to know someone first and see what they are all about and looking for.

This post was edited

He sound like a jerk, you did the right thing in telling him.

This post was edited

My opinion?? No way would I meet someone I know nothing about. There is too much evil now days to take that kind of chance. This person could easily been some disturbed individual looking for a next victim. Blasting you after declining is also a red flag.

I agree that I wouldn't meet with anybody that I know nothing about.

This post was edited

RED FLAG, RED FLAG, RED FLAG.

This post was edited

If his profile offers nothing other than a username and resident city, you are right to question his motives, and if he got pissed over that, then you are double right.

This post was edited

Too many red flags here! Although we always want to make new nudist friends, this is not the way to go about it. You need to get all you ducks in a row before meeting someone like this and you certainly have not done a proper vetting process.

This post was edited

You chose the right path by not meeting up with this person. i myself never ask to meet anyone in a private setting. The proper way to meet is by telling folks where and when you will be at a place (beach or resort) and if they care to meet up in a public location fine. Also I really would like to chat with someone first and get to know what their intentions are.

This post was edited

You're in a big town, and there are at least three resorts within driving distance.
For you, I'd have recommended one of those. Whether or not I'd have gone there myself would depend on
how I felt that day, and that's as far as I'd communicate to someone not known to me, or without a personal
recommendation from someone I do know fairly well..

and I can't believe you'd take a GUN to meet someone!!!

The only time you'd know, for those that do it right, is if they are completely nude, and their towel is not
within reach, or if it was WAY too late.
Generally, the folks that carry, are always carrying, or at least that's the safe assumption.
Most police officers, for instance, are carrying, even off duty.

This post was edited

I recently made a business trip to Kansas, I had never been there before, but as I was there for about 3 weeks I decided to search out other nudists to chat with from the area. I messaged several people to ask questions about the area, and after chatting with one, he suggested that we meet and talk. We met at a local resturant, had a great meal, talked, and went our seperate ways, we continue to chat on here, and it was nice to be able to meet a new person without the automatic assumption that something bad was going to happen. It is important to note that I was more comfortable with the meet idea because he was certified, which at least, to some extent provides me with a sense that at least this is the same person as in the profile. I minor level of comfort but better than none at all.
It is unfortunate that society todays makes us have to distrust first, instead of giving someone a chance.

This post was edited

In his defense, he did not suggest meeting at my place, he suggested a place to get nude or a public place. I don't have a 9mm to bring with me - not something I would want to do.

This post was edited