RE: Rapidly growing society of disrespect.

YBM...Keep posting...I respect and admire and agree with your opinion here. There was no disrespect from where I'm sitting..

This post was edited

Hmmm! NIM you might be right about some, but not all. I can see and get your point, but as I was just saying to an elder of mine, just maybe if the older more experience of the worldexercise more tactful ways of pointing out issue that are important to them to our younger generation other the harping on the negative just maybe we all can build a relationship based on common decency.
Yes some of the vary same issues piss me off but I know that only in Algebra does two negatives equal a positive. I'm a sure there is a wealth of knowledge on this site from the range of ages. I probably will get flack for this but I do feel it is the duty of our elders to teach the young and mold good people. Just my opinion.

This post was edited

OK OK OK folks. The point should be made that generalization or sterotyping is dangerous and often leads to disrespect for persons undeserving of it.All are deserving of respect until proven otherwise. All nudists are sexual perverts?(NOT) All whites are superior, more intelligent, and more productive?(NOT) The younger generation are all going down the tubes? (NOT) The old folks just don't know what is going on? (NOT). Mouslams are terrorists (NOT) I very much lament the disrespect of a lot of todays folks of all ages, races, and creeds. Try to park so that the next guy can open his doors... just courteous. Nodding or otherwise acknowledging someones presence when you walk by is just nice. Putting you cell phone on vibrate while in talking with a business man, physician, at church etc. is just respectful of the other persons time and sanctity. Keeping the noise level down at night or in a hospital is respectful courteous and nice. I do think that general courtesy or call it respect, is less today than it was. I did not say "Youth" I said today. It just doesn't seem to be at this time. The fast, me first, get what I can before someone else, get that last peice... etc. seems to be the norm. I don't like taking the last peice of cake or anything else... someone is missing out because of me. Its silly, but it is a concern for the other guy. I'm still courteous to stop when I hear someone talking next to me in the hallway... only to find he is talking on his blue tooth equipped cell phone, oblivious to my presence (notice no reference to age of either party). I still feel affronted when I as a physician am talking to a patient and his cell phone rings and he interupts talking with me to answer something more important. I often walk out and leave him to his privacy! OK my two cents. But, I felt we are getting a little off topic from the original post. We were talking about overall courtesy and respect not the evils of past, present, and future societies. Rocky
DITTO!!!
Sorry if I was off topic. Placing no blame on anyone generationhere, only on the individual.

This post was edited

YBM...Keep posting...I respect and admire and agree with your opinion here. There was no disrespect from where I'm sitting..
I agree with yourself and blknudedoodz and I mean no disrespect but YBM has yet to contribute to this thread with an answer to my questions
1 Are you really putting some of us here in this same category? I would like to think we were amongst those standing up for injustice - where would you stand?
2 So if you are not satisfied? Can you tell us why not?
3 Would you be able to earn our respect here? I should imagine you can by looking at what aspects of society you respect and here especialy in nudist terms.

This post was edited

I agree with yourself and blknudedoodz and I mean no disrespect but YBM has yet to contribute to this thread with an answer to my questions
1 Are you really putting some of us here in this same category? I would like to think we were amongst those standing up for injustice - where would you stand?
2 So if you are not satisfied? Can you tell us why not?
3 Would you be able to earn our respect here? I should imagine you can by looking at what aspects of society you respect and here especialy in nudist terms.

I already answered the one question. I can't force you to respect me, and I have no idea what the hoops are to jump through to do so, or if I even think it's worth it to jump through them.

And I'm not putting you in the same category as people of the 1950's who fought against integration and women's rights and forced people into the same uniforms and rituals just because "that's how it's supposed to be" that was all an example of what we've come from, and what I think people are considering the loss of respect, largely it's just a loss of these rituals.

And what are you asking me if I'm satisfied with or not?

This post was edited

The society of today is a product of the older generation. These snot nosed kids are the grand kids and great grand kids of the generation of the good old days...and their parents are your kids.. Where did it all go wrong if respect and courtesy were values taught in your home. So all you pointing a finger at those who are to blame...remember 3 of your fingers are pointing back at you!!

This post was edited

Did anyone say that? Except for you?

This post was edited

A college student challenged a senior citizen, saying it was impossible for their generation to understand his.
You grew up in a different world, the student said. Today we have television, jet planes, space travel,
nuclear energy, and computers.
Taking advantage of a pause in the students litany, the old dude said,
Youre right sonny. We didnt have those things when we were young; so
we invented them! What are you doing for the next generation??

This post was edited

This is great. I love it how hardly anyone on here can contain their contempt for one another in a posting about respecting each other. Keep going - I don't own a TV so this is a great way for me to be entertained on a rainy evening.

It's not great...its really sad and a bit pathetic!

This post was edited

Are you kidding? I use all your quotes on my blog. Before you edit them. You're a really popular character but no one believes that you're real. Keep writing and thanks!

This post was edited