RE: How do I Get My Wife To Join Me ?

I've mentioned this before:function $th_doReturn(a){var b=document.getElementById('$th_texthelpReturnValueID');b!=null&&(b.setAttribute('result',a),a=document.createEvent('Events'),a.initEvent('$th_texthelpReturnEvent',!0,!1),b.dispatchEvent(a))};function rw_sendSocketMessage(aData){$th_doReturn(aData);};
Nudism is a personal journey.
It's your journey. Don't worry about your wife. If you want to be a nudist, start being a nudist. Be considerate of your wife, for sure, but start being a nudist. Sleeping nude is a start (believe it or not, many people still don't). Getting up and making your coffee without putting anything on is another step. If you're lucky enough to have some secluded space where you can lie in the sun, start working on those tanlines. One good beginning is having your morning coffee, or tea, outside n the sun if you have a protected spot where you will not be seen by anyone other than you wife.
While you're doing all that....DO NOT PRESSURE YOUR WIFE AT ALL!!!!!
Please excuse the all CAPS...but it is the most important thing I will say in this whole response.
You want her to JOIN you....not to become a nudist at the same time you do. That would be lovely...but it is a personal journey.
Don't ask her if you can go hang out with other nudists right away. Bad idea. It also makes us question whether you're a nudist, or an exhibitionist. Nudism is about being nude. Being nude with others is something nudists often do, but it is not a requirement for being a nudist. Evaluate your motives. You might find you're on the wrong site...and you will have problems with your marriage too.
Oh...one more all CAPS coming up...also as important. RESPECT YOUR WIFE AND HER CHOICE...ALWAYS!!!
Don't ever try to pressure her. I am a nudist. My wife...sort of...with me, in quieter, secluded spots. Until she wants to join me, without me pressuring her, I will not be going to nudist resorts or going to meet other nudists. I am a solo nudist until my wife chooses to join me, at which point I will be part of a nudist couple. Even then, we may not ever go to nudist resorts.
It's a personal journey for everyone and you should respect her, no matter what. Get her want to join you of her own free will. Don't try to persuade her. It will likely never work, and will most likely backfire.

This post was edited

I have to agree with Londo's post above - Nudism is an individual journey and can't (nor should it be) forced on anyone.
My wife of 33 years is not interested in social nudism other than with a very few select close friends. Even then, experiences are few and far in between. Nothing wrong with that, it's what works for her. As for me, I love being outside naked (usually solo) especially if I'm able to fish, hike, camp etc. That's what works for me. I would love it if we would share more nude time together but am happy she understands my desire to be naked in nature and I respect her desire to embrace nudity on her own terms. I will never stop encouraging her to join me but will also never force the issue. I know that doesn't answer your question about how to get her to join you but if you continue to do the things that together bring you joy, you never know - she may just decide to join you. After all, there was a time I didn't like brussel sprouts...

This post was edited

I'm in the same boat! As far as my wife goes, its not about people seeing her...its about her seeing people. She does go nude occassionally around the house, but not very often. We were stationed in Germany for a bit....went to the sauna(which is all nude)....she walked in....and immediately walked out. Since then she hasn't even considered the idea. Now she won't even consider a clothing optional vacation because she will still see nude people. It's to the point where I am about to give up on nudism completely....as a couple....and alone as well.My wife tends to fit into that category but has not totally shut the social nudist door yet.
And I for one won't give up my nudist lifestyle if she close down. It will just lessen my options.

This post was edited

Married couples should be able to talk about anything and everything. A marriage is about being open and honest with each other ... open communication is the key. I might be that she is unwilling to tell her true feelings about your nudity, her nudity and nudity in general. How do you get your wife to join in? I'd start with opening the lines of communication. Start with ... "I know you have concerns, fear, doubts, dislikes or are uncomfortable with my nudity and nudity in general, can we just talk about that?" If the lines of communication are easier while clothed ... then by all means ... put something on to open those lines up. Things will get said that may hurt but it's better to get them out so you can discuss all the points of fear, concern, doubt ... etc. You have to address her questions and concerns and that only happens with open communication...if she's not willing to talk, there's something else going on cuz wife's want and need to talk and we need to listen. :)So very well put. My wife was strictly a home nudist for 15 yrs, petrified of being scene naked by anyone but me. Secondly she has had a life of being constantly dogged after and she was afraid of it being worse if she was naked. Being a very social person I felt so trapped and aggravated about being stuck at home.
We had a very long discussion that covered a 3 day weekend. It wasn't me trying to talk her into it and her just opposing social nudity. In brief it was a discussion of where we both were in life, our desires, needs, voids ect. As Andydi mentioned, some things were said that did hurt to hear for us both. Open communication works for us as we truly care about each others opinion and happiness.
Fast forward 3 yrs. She is a very active member at our club, she is the one all geared up and excited to get our place opened up this weekend for the season. It wasn't my 15 years of patients and hoping, it was our mutual respect and communication that allowed her to make her own decision to give it a try. We met a couple right here in TN that became dear friends which I believe calmed her nervousness once she decided to pull the trigger. We are now neighbors at camp.

This post was edited