Unable to Orgasm

In July of this year i had an operation on my Prostate Gland which was enlarged and was pressing on my bladder makeing it difficult to pass urine the only cure to this was to have a TURPS operation where they pass a electrical probe through the Ureathral Canal and then cut away part of the Prostate Gland The downside of this type of operation is that it then makes it impossible to have an orgasm you can still get an erection and an orgasm but semen does not come out of the penis at orgasm i feel that i cant have sex with another guy as he would be disapointed that i cant reach an outwardly showing orgasm and i am some kind of freak are there any other guys out there with this problem and what do they do about it

This topic was edited
RE: Unable to Orgasm

.For the curious, this is a resectoscope:Guess where that thing goes. Fortunately, you'll be out when it happens.That loud noise you heard to your northeast was my knees slamming together.

This post was edited

Of course, you can orgasm, as your post indicates. A childhood friend had the operation, and the side effect. His doctor told him if he ever wanted children, they could centrifuge sperm out of his urine, and use that. But apart from that concern, he just let his partner know what the change was, substituted a verbal signal for the physical one, and went on with life.

This post was edited

You seem to be doing pretty well. You're having erections AND orgasms. What you don't have is the ejaculate. I believe that you could learn to live without that. Some individuals undergoing this procedure end up not being able to have an erection at all. Some have a partial erection that is not strong enough to penetrate properly. In these cases, both you and your partner suffer.
Father time keeps taking things away from us all. Be thankful for medical science that can correct a lot of our problems even if there are some side effects that we must endure. The alternate is a lot more pain and suffering to where we reach the point that death becomes preferable toliving.

This post was edited

Some very useful and informative information, brother NIM, but you,ve just put me off my sunday breakfast.
(9)

This post was edited

A question perhaps better suited to the Playboy Advisor, or your own doctor.Based upon the responses that followed, I'd say it was perfectly suited for this room.

This post was edited

Personally I believe all health concerns should be addressed to a doctor first, not on an internet message board. Maybe a little extreme, but also could mean the difference between life and death.There are people who are too embarrassed to discuss things like this with their doctor. Perhaps with additional information that has been provided here, that will give them the courage to make the appropriate calls.

This post was edited

There are people who are too embarrassed to discuss things like this with their doctor. Perhaps with additional information that has been provided here, that will give them the courage to make the appropriate calls.
Right on! For years a lot of women were dying of breast cancer because they were "too embarrassed" to see a doctor. Now it is fashionable to have regular breast exams. Male problems are no less critical. Personally, I am very thankful that there are all of these various scopes that doctors can stick into every orifice of your body.
Getting prompt medical attention can be compared to taking care of your car. When you car starts making strange noises you can do one of two things. Take it into get it checked and repaired while the bill will be more manageable; or ignore the noise, turn upthe radio and pretend that the problem doesn't exist. When the car dies, then you can pay an enormous repair bill or junk the car. It's your choice and you can choose to treat your body the same way.

This post was edited

Retrograde ejaculation is sometimes a side effect of Proscar (finasteride), a drug taken to reduce the symptoms of BPH.

This post was edited

Unlike the response that this is more suitable for a Playboy magazine, I find this is a very good question/problem to bring to this forum. I don't know that I have a good answer other than that to quell your fears. I believe most men who would engage in an intimate encounter wouldn't have a problem with your issue at all. It's a human issue and like most human issues there is no one good answer. If you are able to orgasm, then all is well. 99% of ejaculate is not sperm anyway. It's seminal fluid. Just a viscuous liquid to carry the sperm to the intended destination. And that destination is solely up to those engaged. So I say, just enjoy the fact that you can orgasm and forget the rest.

This post was edited

you need 2 talk 2 your doctor

This post was edited