RE: Is It Legal To Be Nude In My Backyard?

I just wrote Florida Representative Alan Grayson:
Rep Grayson, I am writing in hopes that I can convince you to enact legislation to reduce ambiguity of certain Florida laws, specifically regarding Title XLVI Crimes Chapters 800 and 877. These laws talk about lewd and lascivious acts as well as corruption of morals, but except with the specific case of mother's breast feeding does nothing to protect those participating in non-lewd, non-lascivious, non-sexual general nudity from persecution when viewed #1 through a window in their own home, #2 on their own property.
A second, but related issue, is that of women's rights to equality with men, specifically regarding top freedom. By my understanding, Florida is one the few remaining states with ambiguous laws regarding this and only 3 states have laws specifically stating illegality of topless women.In Florida, this even has legal precedent in the case of Sosnow vs The State of Florida, where an appellate court in Florida ruled that Floridas disorderly conduct statute (F.S. 877.03) cannot be applied to simple nudity without a real complainant (not a police ofcer, and not a police ofcer acting on some anonymous complaint). Furthermore, the nudity must be MORE than a mere annoyance, and must cause actual social disorder.However, because it is not specifically written in the law, women are afraid to enjoy equal freedom with men. Also, nudists are afraid to enjoy their freedoms on their own property.
The human body should not be criminalized. Remember that a little over a hundred years ago even showing your ankle was social taboo. Please help eliminate legal ambiguity regarding these issues and stand on the side of freedom.
Thank you for your time,

This post was edited

I just wrote Florida Representative Alan Grayson:Rep Grayson, I am writing in hopes that I can convince you to enact legislation to reduce ambiguity of certain Florida laws, specifically regarding Title XLVI Crimes Chapters 800 and 877. These laws talk about lewd and lascivious acts as well as corruption of morals, but except with the specific case of mother's breast feeding does nothing to protect those participating in non-lewd, non-lascivious, non-sexual general nudity from persecution when viewed #1 through a window in their own home, #2 on their own property.A second, but related issue, is that of women's rights to equality with men, specifically regarding top freedom. By my understanding, Florida is one the few remaining states with ambiguous laws regarding this and only 3 states have laws specifically stating illegality of topless women.In Florida, this even has legal precedent in the case of Sosnow vs The State of Florida, where an appellate court in Florida ruled that Floridas disorderly conduct statute (F.S. 877.03) cannot be applied to simple nudity without a real complainant (not a police ofcer, and not a police ofcer acting on some anonymous complaint). Furthermore, the nudity must be MORE than a mere annoyance, and must cause actual social disorder.However, because it is not specifically written in the law, women are afraid to enjoy equal freedom with men. Also, nudists are afraid to enjoy their freedoms on their own property.The human body should not be criminalized. Remember that a little over a hundred years ago even showing your ankle was social taboo. Please help eliminate legal ambiguity regarding these issues and stand on the side of freedom.Thank you for your time,The sole reason laws like are about is to keep all the law men/ladies in a job as nobody has a clew what they are on about. Your police force should be able to quote which law they are charging you for for them to be able to do a good job.
Good luck and most likely Alan will have to do a lot of homework, or sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away.

This post was edited

What is this country where you have to ask something like that ????

This post was edited

Some joker calls it "The land of the Free" what a joke that is.

This post was edited
Is It Legal To Be Nude In My Backyard?

I have been studying this issue relative to OR and it appears that as long as you are not engaging in sexual activity or trying to arouse other people it is not illegal, Of course, if someone complains or an officer requests you to cover yourself you must do so or be subject to arrest. Interestingly, a thong is considered sufficient as covering. In your front yard it is preferable that you wear at least a thong. I do wear a thong or a micro bikini in my front yard. In the back yard I sometimes go nude and sometimes wear the thong; depending on the type of yard work I am doing. I live with 160 feet of busy road at the back of the property, most of which is screened by trees but about 20 feet are open to the street, no one has complained in the two years we have lived here. In the front no one has complained about my thongs or micro bikinis. I often go nude in front in the early morning to get the paper or evening to take out the garbage; our neighbors are all late risers and get home early from work then stay inside once home.

This post was edited

I'm more worried about good relations with my neighbors than I am the law. Even if it's legal (and I'm pretty sure it is here in Oregon), pissing of a neighbor could easily make life miserable.

This post was edited

I'm more worried about pissing off the wife. LOL

This post was edited

, pissing of a neighbor could easily make life miserable.Pissing ON the neighbour would be worse.

This post was edited

I guess I got one advantage to this, I live in the country so I can do anything and nobody knows about it.
I walk around nude, do all the chores nude and my nearest.neighbours are a mile away.

This post was edited
RE: Nudist have Bill of Rights...Which are..............

Good fences make good neighbors.Well said. I could not have said it better myself. I know when I reached the third post I was thinking the very same thing- the best way to keep them from complaining is by making sure they can't see it without some form of out-of-the-ordinary-effort. Walking in their backyard and glancing over the fence is normal. Erecting a ladder to look over the privacy fence is not. Waving hello to you and yours while watering the flowers is normal. Crawling through the bushes to get a peek is not. I learned that myself years back at a place I was renting. A couple caught a glance of me in my yard while they drove past. The only way they could see for sure "anything", is by stopping in the middle of the road (no pull offs) and crawling through the bushes. Anddddd, wah lah! They video taped me naked as a jay bid! And they turned that over to the county sheriff who, after viewing it with a sgt. I personally knew, wrote them both tickets. Voyeurism/invasion of privacy, trespassing and impeding traffic on a private roadway. Long story behind it really, but essentially they left me alone and went back home with their pride bruised.
Great story Sandman!

This post was edited