Hello, hello, is there anybody out there?

What's going on? I haven't seen a post by TT1 in weeks. I understand that the admins have a life, but one of the biggest reasons people come here is that the site is moderated. That doesn't seem to be the case lately, as nobody has seen hide nor hair of our esteemed admin in quite some time. Questions are being asked and unanswered.

Baseically, from what I've seen on the forums, the natives are getting restless. It would be nice if you made an appearence to let us know what's going on.

This topic was edited
RE: Hello, hello, is there anybody out there?

Hi Swifty, just took a looked at his profile, it's showing last loged on 10/13/2008. He could be on vacation :)
BTW, Like Nancy's pic, pitty I can't beleieve that it's her :(

This post was edited

Yeah Phil & Earl, I have noticed that he's been around outside of the boards. I just noticed a few posts by people kind of wondering, so I thought I'd do a post to see if he'd bite. lol...Guess he's too busy.

Anyways, instead of posting any problems I may be having with the site hear, I should probably just use the contact button at the bottom of the page. lol

This post was edited

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but from time to time people tell me that I am "out there". Does that count Swifty?
j

This post was edited

Hi everyone: I had sent a message to TT1, and I might add that after several messagaes I finally got a reply

div id="hidden1" class="message-hidden" style="display: block;"a name="message1"/ateamtrue1 said... Whenever I have a chance to login and moderate I do, but the upkeep of the site keeps me pretty busy

It sounds to me that his priorities are a little off, because if he hasn't got time for anyone he isn't going to have a site very long. I also thik he needs to ask for some help, what do you think.
/div

This post was edited

It may be that the hardware and software used to run the site is taking a lot of his time. But I do agree that he needs to learn to delegate. :)
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Obviously this site is getting bigger and the job is getting bigger than expected. Unfortunatelly site maintenance takes priority over everything else. If the site isn't working, then it doesn't matter if the moderation is not up to snuff, as nobody can even post. Hopefully the powers that be will figure out how to delegate, as it would be a shame for this site to go down the toilet.

However, so far I don't think this site isn't in any real danger. The boards are fairly clean and even the chat room isn't bad at all. At least not that I've seen. Sure there are a few problems here and there, but nothing to be overly concerned about. I can only suggest that we sit back and see what happens once he get's the maintenance issue all sorted out. It's not like we are paying to keep this site going, so we can really only be patient to see what the out come is.

This post was edited
TEAM TRUE HAS RETURNED!!!! for a little bit. :)

I'm here I swear! :)Please read my blog post here.
https://www.truenudists.com/blog/2008/10/3000-users/
Oh, and before you blast me in the forum, please take a moment and remember I'm only human, and I'm
trying to run the site as best as I can. Secondly, remember, this is a free site that I am donating my time to.
As far as delegating, I am monitoring certain users silently for certain moderator duties, but I don't want to
end up with a bunch of moderators that are really just fake female profiles. (Like a certain unnamed site)

This post was edited
RE: TEAM TRUE HAS RETURNED!!!! for a little bit. :)

Awesome, we got a response. Welcome back! I do understand the woes of a site and also the cost, did that been there. I'll send some money as soon as I get a job. But I swear, I'm not a fake female. :) My wife is female, but she's not fake either. I know, I know, it's tough. I did NOT say that in order to get mod privileges! I'm just kidding around. But seriously, welcome back!
-Jerry

This post was edited

Oh, one last thing. blasting the admin is just waay too easy. We don't mean half the crap really, it's just, you know, easy to complain. Everone forgets until they don't have it anymore, but you know, then it's too late. So please take all of it with a great big dose of salt. Even I whine, but don't really mean to make it sound as bad as I do, it's just human nature. But just in case we forgot to say: Thanks!
-Jerry
I remember running a board once and out of 300 people, one person told me thanks, it can be so thankless.

This post was edited

Hehe...Don't mind JR, he's drunk.

Thank you for responding TT1 and I hope you didn't take my thread as me slagging you, because that wasn't the intention at all. Hehe...Been a moderator before and I know from experience it's not a good idea to piss off the guy with the nuke button. ;)

This post was edited