RE: Do Postal Workers have the "right" to not be exposed to nudists?

Generally speaking a nudist venue is a known entity in a known location. As such, it is on a route and may be staffed by a nudist in work cloths. A random house on a street where a nudist answers the door while nude may be unexpected and shocking. Normal people may be able to deal with it. However there are those who find fault with everyone and everything just waiting to cause an altercation. BobThe issue here is that the letter carriers may have looked in the gate when it opened, as someone was leaving, and might have seen a nudist at a distance. The office and clubhouse are 1/4 mile down the road from the gate, so like I said, they were more that likely trying to be offended.
Here in Virginia, if someone answers the door nude, the nudist can be charged with indecent exposure. In fact, if someone sees you nude in your house, because you left the blinds open or something, you can be charged. If they have to work at seeing you, like you're in your backyard surrounded by a privacy fence, and they peek over, you can still be charged, but you have a better defense, because they peeped.

This post was edited

No, it was in Virginia. It was at the resort I go to.

This post was edited

No one else has a problem delivering to the resort. Other vendors go inside the gate. Soda machines are filled and serviced. Cable, phone, internet hook ups are installed and serviced. Mobile homes are placed on permanent lots.
How long these 2 have been delivering there, I don't know. But I can't imagine that anyone in the area doesn't know what White Tail is.
I've said all along, they were trying to be offended. Mail was delivered to boxes outside the gate. It was never an issue before the carriers tried to make it an issue.

This post was edited

Thank you, Joe McCarthy. It's a new century, don't you know?

This post was edited

I like the Amish. One of my kids went to college in the Amish area of Pennsylvania.
The Amish are not all that pious and they did not hide their other side very well when they named some of their towns: Bird-in-hand, Blue Ball and Intercourse. We went to visit Intercourse just out of curiosity. It is a 12 horse town that probably gets 80% of its income from tourism and they have only one attraction, the town name. You can buy souvenirs made by the Amish (or made in China to look the Amish made it) or get a horse and buggy ride. I bought the hat that said "Virginia is for Lovers, but Pennsylvania has Intercourse." I wore it to work one day. On the bus in Jersey City, NJ, a woman was staring at me reading the hat. All of a sudden she had that aha moment, covered her mouth and shrieked.
Bob

This post was edited

Intercourse has great pies! They "speak rather sternly" if you leave the bathroom door ajar at the mom-n-pop East of town.

This post was edited