Friend requests

I log into my TN account daily as I really enjoy being a part of this nudist community. However, since joining I have had one friend request and to be honest havent made any friend requests, because I am really not sure the best way to go about it. This is also the first website I have joined like this.Any advice on how I can get friends/add friends. I have had several messages from people that are clearly not here for nudists chats, but would appreciate any help in getting friends contacts at TN. Thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Friend requests

Hi, And welcome.
There are many people here with hundreds, and some with over a thousand friends. Most of these are just here to collect pictures, because it is quite obvious that, you could not keep regular contact with so many.
I find it best to be more selective on one's friends list, and not be in too much hurry, only to find you have someone unsuitable.
Spend a little time reading the forums, and this will give you some idea as to the type of person you may wish to have on your list. There are a few idiots which should will learn to avoid, after listening to what they have to say.
Another thing to avoid is, a blank profile, especially if not certified.

This post was edited

Just my primer for "Friend" requests:
Since this is not Facebook, and some of us are not into collecting friends or just here to see pics, I offer up my review process. I readily admit this is not for everyone, just the way I do it.
1. This is the big one. Have we ever engaged in a conversation? Whether it is in the chatroom or a debate in the forums, I don't care. Are you participating in either one or just a lurker?
2. If you are sending a request, send a note! Nothing worse than a blind request from someone you've never interacted with. If you are looking for people in your area or visiting the area, say so!
3. Blank or private profile? Sorry, denied. How do I know we might have mutual interestsinteresting debates if you don't A) participate B) Hide.
4. Thousands of friends on your list? What do you need me for? Especially if the gender of your list is a bit one-sided.
5. If I ignore you in chat because a PM reading "Hi, are you naked?"(three times!) is not a conversation, why are you sending me a request?
With all that is written above, if you are engaging in the forums or in the chat, polite and non aggressive yet passionate in what you believe, send it on!
This is all just MHO.
Michelle

This post was edited

As Michelle said, participating in conversations is a good way to make friends. You can message people with whom you have interests in common, regarding those interests. And consider putting up a picture of your face, or of some thing or place that matters to you. You do NOT have to submit a nude photo to "prove" you're a nudist!

This post was edited

I really appreciate the advice so far. I am working on getting my picture sorted and will definitely start messaging some people with similar interests. I have already started making some forum posts so I am heading down th right track.

This post was edited

Have a breake, as at the moment friend requests have become very limited.

This post was edited

I use the same criteria for those requesting friendship as Michelle ... with the acception of "chat." If one of my "friends" requests or invites me to "chat" I'll try and make it but I'm not really a "chat" person. I do enjoy "chatting" with friends but I don't routinely go into the Chat room just to chat. As Michelle stated ... I don't accept friend requests without a comment or note stating "why" they want to be friends. I go through my "friends" list about every 3-4 months and delete members who either don't communicate on the boards or haven't communicated with me in that period of time. I was not on here for a couple of years and only recently returned because a couple I've known on the boards for sometime, came up to me at a local club and asked if I was "fireprof." After introductions ... a nice day and a little conversation we parted with the hope of meeting up again ... which we did several months later at Laguna Del Sol where we spent much more time together, getting to know one another and I received a friend request from him and his wife here ... so I returned. Met some nice people on here but I'm truly not here to "collect" friends ... really here just to actually make them and communicate with them ... but we need to have things in common besides just liking to be naked.

This post was edited

You all have given some good advice.When I get a friend request, I always go to the person's page to check their profile and profile photo. If they are non-existent or private, I deny the request. If the person had taken the time to read my info, he/she would have seen that this is mymodus operandi.I have quite a few friends here and I do try to contact them when time permits. However, I'm always willing to add more.Be well and stay nude,Tim

This post was edited

I usually don't extend friend requests. My profile and profile picture can be viewed. This way, I may not get as many friend requests.
If It's only for the sake of collecting pictures of others, without interacting, how could one call this friends?

This post was edited

I have had 2 friend requests one from Athens and one from Germany not sure what to do with those tbh, is anyone on Naturist Corner here too. I hope to have and enjoy the company of like minded real people, I guess like anything it takes time.Having your profile setto private, is not the ideal way to make friends on here.

This post was edited

I have had 2 friend requests one from Athens and one from Germany not sure what to do with those tbh, is anyone on Naturist Corner here too. I hope to have and enjoy the company of like minded real people, I guess like anything it takes time.Having your profile setto private, is not the ideal way to make friends on here.
I think I have input the correct settings now only time will tell - thanks for that.

This post was edited