What a wonderful day!

So, my wife and I have been married for just short of six years. She discovered early in the marriage that I was more comfortable nude than clothed but was very slow to embrace that herself. She very quickly joined me in sleeping nude but for the first couple of years that was as far as she would go. Oh, there were a few isolated instances of sitting on the couch watching TV without being dressed but little else.
That has gradually changed. One morning I went out on the patio to drink my morning coffee, nude as usual, and was surprised to see her join me, similarly undressed, to watch the sunrise. It never became a regular thing for her but happened often enough. Two years ago we visited a hot springs in Colorado which was CO and on the second evening she slipped out of her suit when we had a soaking pot all to ourselves. When some others joined us in the pot she handled it well, eventually getting out and returning to our room wearing only a robe.
I have never pressured her to do anything but have made sure that she knew about the naturist opportunities in the area. In particular, I have sort of joked with her about visiting a resort two hours south of us. I was totally surprised when last Saturday she casually asked if I wanted to "go swimming" on Wednesday.
Yesterday morning we set out about 9:00 and arrived at the resort at 11:30 after eating lunch enroute. I wasn't sure how she would react but she stripped down at the car, put on a pareo, then just as easily took it off once we were at the pool. She seemed to have no qualms about being in the pool or lying on a chaise lounge in the altogether. We spent several glorious hours swimming, sunning, etc before we finally had to leave. She told me several times that she enjoyed herself.
We will be going out of town until next month, but this morning she suggested that we might be able to get in another visit once we return. It just keeps getting better!

This topic was edited
RE: What a wonderful day!

That's great!

This post was edited

Frog,
I'm happy for both you and your wife.

This post was edited

Great. It's so wonderful when the wife likes to go too.

This post was edited

That's great, Frog.Did she ever say what triggered the change?
No, but I think there were several factors.
First, she took a trip to visit relatives in another state and while she was gone I went to the resort by myself. I told her about it and that sparked several discussions during which she really listened to my reasons for wanting to do that. She also visited the web site for the resort and read through the brochure that I left in the car.
Second, her principal objection has always been her own body image. I tried to minimize that by telling her that she would fit right in with the people that I had seen during my visit and that its not about seeing/being seen at all. I emphasized the fact that my enjoyment came from the freedom to relax, swim, walk, and feel the sun and wind on bare skin without worrying about any restrictions. I described the exhilaration I felt as a result and how it had nothing to do with the other people who were there. She finally started to believe me.
Third, I did not try to pressure her at all. When she first raised the prospect of her going with me I stressed the clothing optional nature of the resort and told her that if she did not enjoy being there then I would not enjoy taking her there. Also, in explaining my attraction to nude recreation admitted to the possibility that she might not feel the same way at all and that that was all right. It seemed the less I pushed the more willing to try it she became. Sort of a reverse psychology thing although that was not my purpose.
Fourth, I suggested that we make our first visit during the week (we are both retired) when there would be fewer people there. That worked out splendidly.
The upshot was that she thoroughly enjoyed the experience and is more than willing to return there and has even mentioned a couple of other resorts in easy driving distance. At this point she is still less enthusiastic than I am about social activities that don't center around the pool, sun, or hot tub and she may never be. I am just happy that she is willing to go as far as she has and that we can enjoy doing this together. If she evolves even further in the future that would be great. If she doesn't, then I will be quite happy with whatever she is willing to do.

This post was edited

Bump

This post was edited

So Oldfrog, bring us up to date on any more joint activities?

This post was edited

How nice to hear. There is hope that my wife may decide to join me in enjoying a naked lifestyle.

This post was edited