North America is more than just the United States ....

... and it has always irked me that this board is called "North America -- Places to get naked in the United States". What happened to the other twenty-two countries in North America? Sorry for the mini-rant but ignorance annoys me and the ticket I sent in on this months ago seems to have been completely ignored.

This topic was edited
RE: North America is more than just the United States ....

I'm sure there was no harm intended, the US part of it is merely a descriptive note which they probably wanted to keep short without being repetitive.I'd love to see threads in here about Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, although most of the southern locations, I think would probably be covered by the "beaches" and "resorts" forums.What locations in North America have you been to? Bare Oaks & Wreck Beach are among those on my list to visit.
My favourite Canadian resort is Bare Oaks but in all the years I've been visiting clubs/beaches I've never had a truly negative experience anywhere. In fact Ponderosa Nature Resort (near Hamilton, ON) is the only club I haven't cared for and it wasn't really anything I could put my finger on. I just didn't find it very friendly.
I visited my first Quebec club last summer, La Pommerie, and would go back in a heartbeat if the drive were shorter. As far as beaches go, I've enjoyed both Oka and Hanlan's Point clothing optional beaches but haven't made it out to Wreck Beach yet - it's on my list.
In the US my favourite club would definitely be Sunsport Gardens but enjoyed several others and hope to continue exploring new ones.

This post was edited

there are a couple of good places in Quebec. Plein Bois is one. And Montreal has clothing optional inns. Of course, the weather is limiting. 4 good months of naked outside.

This post was edited

there are a couple of good places in Quebec. Plein Bois is one. And Montreal has clothing optional inns. Of course, the weather is limiting. 4 good months of naked outside.
Four good months is better than three good months. I've been getting snow flurries all week and dread waking up one morning with it actually sticking to the ground. I think my nude days are over until next summer apart from the odd trip south. *sigh*

This post was edited

Nor is Hawaii in North America, part of the United States though it may be.
Isle of You, on Hawaii island, is run by friends of mine - a private, 70-acre banana farm / B&B for those who really want to get away from it all.

This post was edited

Nor is Hawaii in North America, part of the United States though it may be. Isle of You, on Hawaii island, is run by friends of mine - a private, 70-acre banana farm / B&B for those who really want to get away from it all.That sounds amazing! And expensive. :-) Maybe I should be buying lottery tickets too. I'll need to win the lottery to actually travel everywhere I want to but still seem to do okay on my secretary's salary. I travel more than most people I know.

This post was edited

Nor is Hawaii in North America, part of the United States though it may be. Isle of You, on Hawaii island, is run by friends of mine - a private, 70-acre banana farm / B&B for those who really want to get away from it all.I hadn't really thought of Hawaii but of course it wouldn't be part of North America. It's much like St. Pierre and Miquelon which IS in North America but belongs to France and uses the Euro for currency.

This post was edited

Bump to dump

This post was edited

The best thing about Canada for nudists is that there are so many isolated spots in nature, with such gorgeous scenery, where you can be naked without bothering another living soul. My cottage is right on the border of Algonquin Park. Beautiful, pristine lake, very few cottages, rather isolated. Everyone that I bring up skinny dips and hangs out naked. No need for clothes. I would go more in the winter but they don't plow the back roads and you can only get in by snowmobile.

This post was edited
The great outdoors

The best thing about Canada for nudists is that there are so many isolated spots in nature, with such gorgeous scenery, where you can be naked without bothering another living soul. My cottage is right on the border of Algonquin Park. Beautiful, pristine lake, very few cottages, rather isolated. Everyone that I bring up skinny dips and hangs out naked. No need for clothes. I would go more in the winter but they don't plow the back roads and you can only get in by snowmobile.You are so right! I love to travel to visit clubs but most of my nude time is right here in my own backyard. I live in a small town in a sparsely-populated area so I can easily go canuding on the lake that is 200 metres from my front door and with a little bit more effort I canprobablyaccess half a dozen more lakes and my favourite river (nude tubing anyone?). There are a few trails as well but between the blackflies, horse flies, deer flies and mosquitoes, and a general dislike of sweating, I choose to be on or in the water. I once spent six days canoeing on the Otoskwin River and only encountered two other people! I wasn't with a group of nudists so the days were spent clothed but I still skinny dipped every night.
Yes, summers in Canada are short but they can be awesome!

This post was edited

I hasn't changed yet Marty (Bruce posted the link) but I'm an optimist.

This post was edited