RE: What do you ride?

I'm a pretty basic road rider. I've got a Specialized Sirrus that I bought ca. 2004. It's been a great ride and serves my relatively modest needs. I just need to get out on it more!

This post was edited

HHmmm.. Feeling my age right now. Need to trail ride on my Mountain Cycle Zen. Full suspension isn't as fast as a hard tail 29er.....but its paid for and its set up to give a soft ride. Doesn't get as many comments as my Slingshot does though. I would be using an old Giant NRS for commuting. Too much of a thief magnet. Did get it back last time though. I didn't have a gravel bike. but i did have a Cannondale hard tail my son didn't want. a 700C rim fit the back end nicely. Swapped out the ridge 26" forks for some 700C alloy forks. Put on some drop bars. Still working on it. My grocery store bike is a Nishiki Timbuck2 Prestige CroMo framed XT MTB from the late '90's . Buddy got it for me for free. It had been hit by a car and had its down tube partly crushed. Laoded it to a buddy right after he got out of prison. Got him into riding trail and riding trails fast. he gave the bike back when the seat tube broke. I dropped an extra seat tube in and bolted it into place. Rode it flexy. Two seasons later the down tube broke at the bent from the car hit. Bolted a plate over top the upper and lower tubes and kept riding. Maybe not as fast or off road. but its still going. Like it better than my Alsop SoftRide

This post was edited

Trek hybred 450 for daily use and a Trek 520 for road use. Most of my nude rides are on the 450 on rail trails around the state.

This post was edited

I have a Giant Revel 29er, I traded my Fuji for my Giant. If I ever have to replace it I would stick with this brand. Its a great bike on or off road and really takes a beating. My favorite ride of the year is the PNBR :)

This post was edited

A Schwinn Monarch, 1 speed with coaster brake. I think it's a 1954
model. ... Received as a present when I was about 10 yrs old., and
still riding it often. also see my bicycle comments in --Baby Boomer Nudists - & - WNBR "How many have you ridden in" thread. I think you can see my bike pix on my profile page unless they get blocked for you.

This post was edited

I have a 26" Trek Mountain Bike that I bought maybe 15 years ago. It's holding up really well. It's a 21 speed twist grip with no suspension. But I put a suspension seat post on it a few years ago that I should have done from the git go. I've also put a rack on the back and a gps holder on the handle bar. I switch between street tires and dirt tires, depending. And I ride about the same amount on trails as I do streets.
I also have an old skinny tire 10 speed that I should probably get rid of. I bought it as a matching pair for my girlfriend and myself. She took hers with her when she left about 20 years ago. And I don't think she's coming back lol!

This post was edited