RE: True Nudists is the Best!!!

TN is the best. I don't understand why anyone would care about that other infinitely inferior network, though it has apparently improved by subtraction recently.

This post was edited
RE: BANNED FROM SKINBOOK !!!

I only heard about SB last week, and signed up immediately. Six days later, no confirmation. The first couple of days I was annoyed at the delay, but grateful they were so cautious. At this point, though, I'm no longer expecting to ever hear from them.
While I don't know for certain, I'd guess someone didn't like the piercings that are visible in the profile pic I'd submitted. Despite the fact I made it clear that I dislike how "nudism" seems to be increasingly more sex-oriented.
I found this site only because of this thread. I hope I like it here. :)

This post was edited

I only heard about SB last week, and signed up immediately. Six days later, no confirmation. The first couple of days I was annoyed at the delay, but grateful they were so cautious. At this point, though, I'm no longer expecting to ever hear from them. While I don't know for certain, I'd guess someone didn't like the piercings that are visible in the profile pic I'd submitted. Despite the fact I made it clear that I dislike how "nudism" seems to be increasingly more sex-oriented. I found this site only because of this thread. I hope I like it here. :)
Hi, and welcome to the site, I'm sure you will.There is a now a lot of info here on the forums, go here to learn your way around and get up to speed. WELCOME! ..... to TN :) :) :) .....START HERE!

This post was edited

If you view nudism as a wholesome, liberating way of life, you'll enjoy TN. That's the prevailing philosophy here.

I do, but I'm a little pickier than that with regards to how different forums work. Just f'rinstance, I'm already getting annoyed at being logged out from here every few minutes.
Coincedentally, I finally got granted access to Skinbook yesterday, after a seven day wait. I'm looking it over, it doesn't seem a lot different from here other than the layout is closer to Facebook's.

This post was edited

May not be headless, technically, but it is faceless, so effectively the same.

This post was edited

I was banned too....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON??? I've only been on for a few months. Was I supposed to be nude in my profile pic?? Nothing in the rules said so. I saw members whose photos weren't either. It is absolutely hideous. Makes absolutely no sense. Poor public relations!! No one sign up for Skinbook!! No one!! It's a quack!! Don't even recommend the site to anyone.

This post was edited

skinbook has multiple moderators and it seems people get banned for no reason other thana mod not liking you for some unseen reason. also they tend to be photo nazis. they limit what they accept to a very small window, even if what you submitted conforms to their rules. their software chops heads off your photos then the photos get denied for being headless. even though several people have brought that issue up they refuse to recognize and correct the problem.

This post was edited

The same thing happened to me. I tried to join and heard nothing back.

This post was edited

What is Skinbook?
There have been various discussions about other nudist social groups offered by a common social web service which rhymes with sing.
Being curious, I tried to find out more about how some of those groups worked.
The first thing I learned was that to even see what theyre all about, you have to join. No introductory page, no perusing forum and group pages... just a sign-up page with virtually no information whatsoever. Indeed, if I hadnt been told about them, I may never have even thought of signing up.
The different services certainly strive to maintain high naturist standards, i.e., no erection or crotch shots, no sexual banter, no swinging, no alternative communities, etc. Indeed, one of the services says right on the sign-up page that perverts and people looking to hook up need not apply. Another site spells out the rules, but they must have a difficult time maintaining the rules as some pictures and comments looked questionable to me. There are periodic cleanups, and perhaps the questionable ones I came upon have since been removed.
Some of the sites only require a profile pic. Others insist that up to three nude pictures in "naturist settings" be posted. One site specifically disqualifies pictures taken through the use of a mirror. Thats not naturist, it says. This can discourage people who are there for the wrong reasons, but it can also discourage nudists who, for whatever reason, just dont make a habit of taking pictures.
A strange phenomenon: In some cases, I asked someone to be my friend on one site, and when he or she accepted, they wound up on two or more of those sites at the same time. This happened more than once. Theoretically, if I was a member of all sites at once and were to get a friend who was also a member of all sites, the friendship would be automatically extended to all sites. On at least one site where I made absolutely NO friendship requests and where I approved none, I still wound up with friends which I had first found on one of the other sites. This must have something to do with the way the host social web service is organised to support all these different sites.
Finally, like True Nudists, people can be banned for breaking the rules. Usually, this is exclusively the owner's prerogative, but there was a time when moderators had wider powers on at least one site.
Generally, I prefer the approach at True Nudists. Even a non-member can peruse the site and learn more about naturism in the process, and the standards seem to be applied more reasonably.

This post was edited

Well, I've tried twice to get approved and I still haven't even gotten through the door. I can understand wanting to be sure about someone, but this sounds like they are rediculous. Oh well.

This post was edited