RE: Cam Chat, Confused??

OK, so that all the confusion is gone, Bartec was masturbating his boyfriend, (the boyfriend part is an assumption), both were sitting with the cam clearly showed one pulling on the others penis. Yes I guess there are many different meanings for the word stroking, and I apologize for the confusion. I can see how it can be misunderstood.I am not part of a lynch mob, I was simply wondering what the purpose of the cams were in this venue. I like this site, and hope that incidents like this are rare and not the norm, was seeking counsel on the matter is all.What people do is their business, to each their own.

Thanks for clarifying the point Nick &Kerri ... wasn't suggesting you were any part of a mob at all sweethearts - simply unclear about what the actual behaviour was. Totally agree with a decision to flag given your description of events.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

Just out of curiosity, UKRude,if you have your breasts stroked, vagina strokedor stroke a penis, is it sexual or not? lol...Not trying to be an ass, just curious.
I could dance an angel on a pin here Swifty and respond by saying that it might be argued that it would depend upon the 'intent' of the persons concerned. For example - if Alex touches my vagina it is most likely sexual - however my gynacologist would not consider their touch sexual. By that example I am merely pointing out that generalised questions that do not contain situational and other relevent information are open to misinterpretation.
To address your question within the context of my question to Princedale - you have actually specified areas of the human anatomy that, in most human beings, are erogenous zones and thus the balance of probability is that such touching may well have a sexual motive and therefor could be considered as an inappropriate puplic display if done within a social setting that deems it so.
Princedale however made no such specification and said "Baretec, with his boyfriend in the certified room, were actually stroking each other, this morning. " - I am just requesting clarification with regard to the use of the word 'stroking' as it applies in this instance rather than making an assumption.
A lack of precision in the use of words coupled with many peoples limited vocabulary has accounted for many an unfortunate incident between people. Years ago showing a group of singularly staid middle class folk around a particularly Baroque stately home I happened to mention that "the fornications were unusual in this area". Then, after the outcry had died down had to spend half an hour explaining that the term derives from 'fornix' which translates as 'arch'. I would probably have been lynched if they had been a party of 'twue noodists' Ho hum, c'est la vie!
Love n stuff
Rudie
x

Hehe...Fair enough Rudie, I guess there are language barriers even within a language. However, as you now know, in North America (and I'm sure in other parts of the world), if someone is complaining about people stroking each other, it's usually a polite way of saying jerking off, doubleclicking the mouse, flogging the meat, having a pull, giving a wank, etc. lol...No wonder many people consider english one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, even people who have spoken it their entire lives don't know what the other is saying half the time. lol

This post was edited

Both. Affectionate touching, fondling, stroking is all a part of masturbation and sexual stimulus.

Wow you sure do things differently in the US if you think like that hun! Reducto ad absurdum - I stroke my cats - relaxing, non sexual. More 'on topic' Alex and I will often reach out and stroke one anothers hand or arm or shoulder or head/hair as a simple gesture of acknowledgement of each others presence again, non sexual and publicly acceptable. No one bats an eye over here or anywhere we have been in Europe.

Be that as it may - my question was to Princedale which is why I quoted them - I tend not to make assumptions when a word is used in an ambiguous context so was actually seeking clarification vis a vis the incident in question.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x
Since the topic isn't about cats, and specifically about genitals, how much plainer do you need it to be?

With the greatest of respect sweetheart - the original post makes no direct reference to genitals - it is your assumption that it does and, as has been proven time and time again throughout history, assumption is the 'mother of all fu*kups'. The original post makes use of euphamism, innuendo and oblique reference to an activity which might or might not be sexual. The title of the thread is Cam Chat, Confused?? To an extent I addressed the notion of confusion and requested clarification of a particular word which the original poster has kindly furnished. It appears that the word in question is an American euphamism which is fine as it stands however, and I am aware this may come as a shock, America, although a fine country in many respects, is not the whole world - no matter how fervently some Americans may wish it to be.

In the course of my enquiry I illustrated one of my points with a legitimate example of a non sexual application of the word 'stroke'. The reference to cats is allegorical and was clearly stated as a form of ' Reducto ad absurdum' comment.

I trust that has clarified the matter as regards your question my dear.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

Hehe...Fair enough Rudie, I guess there are language barriers even within a language. However, as you now know, in North America (and I'm sure in other parts of the world), if someone is complaining about people stroking each other, it's usually a polite way of saying jerking off, doubleclicking the mouse, flogging the meat, having a pull, giving a wank, etc. lol...No wonder many people consider english one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, even people who have spoken it their entire lives don't know what the other is saying half the time. lol
Indeed Swifty - and I am always grateful to have my vocabulary extended by a smigin. English is, without doubt, one of the more complex languages in the world - which is one of the reasons why the English (mostly) like to be specific about meaning. The classic written example is that one may lead a charge, have lead in a pencil (a misnomer because it is in fact graphite) or sheath a church roof with lead which is a heavy mallable metal. To be brutally honest, the only reason that English is so widespread is because the English taught it to the world at bayonet point. There are many far simpler languages.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

Rudie, you're being purposely obtuse for the sake of argument.

That, my dear, is another assumption on your part. Firstly, the 'obtuse' statement is a well documented debate stratagy frequently employed to 'backfoot' someone who does not agree with the users point of view by dint of personal attack rather than cogent use of fact. Secondly, I do not think of this as an argument.

Let me run through it one more time. I requested a point of clarification from the original poster vis a vis the term 'stroking' in the context used (see post #9). You jumped in (which is perfectly acceptable being as how the thread is an open one) with the global statement that "... Affectionate touching, fondling, stroking is all a part of masturbation and sexual stimulus." I gently rebutted that statement on the grounds that it did not answer my question and, whilst one may accept that 'affectionate touching' may be a part of 'sex play'it is not universally so motivated. (see post #11)

The original poster most kindly answered my question in post #14, and even went so far as to reiterate their intention of topic "I was simply wondering what the purpose of the cams were in this venue." I thanked them for their clarification which served to crystalise some thoughts which I had regarding their initial post.

Some two hours later, in your post #18 you appeared to take exception to my allegorical reference to cats
(op.cit.) and made a factually incorrect statement about the topic. To be quite honest, were I a less charitable soul and given to assumption I might have considered your comment in post #18 to be intentionally mischevious. Instead I chose to extend an explanation - which you 'appear' to perceive as some sort of challenge. I assure you it is not - but of course, any assurances offered by me will be mediated by the readers own cognitive distortion.

From the first post: "Really not sure the purpose of the cams in chat, I can understand the desire to see who you are chatting with, but when most are not showing their face, and some of the men just play with themselves all the time. Is this supposed to be a sex site?

Yes, and as I said ... "the original post makes no direct reference to genitals" Quod Erat Demonstrandum

That means the same thing in UK english as it does in American english. I spent three years in the UK with the air force.

You may think that - I could not possibly comment. I trust your time with us was fruitful sweetheart - I have only lived here all my life.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

I am getting back to the real purpose of this thread.
The intended purpose of the cam is so that you can see whom you are chatting with. It most certainly is NOT for sexual displays.
My cam shows my face and bare shoulders. I once ignored a request to show myself further down.

This post was edited

Um... for the record, we are Canadian...
Just thought I would add this as the word or use of the word stroking was an issue and was refered to as perhaps an American use. I am posting this little bit of info, to perhaps lighten it up a bit.
A vain atempt perhaps, but hey, what can I say

This post was edited

can i touch

Flagged !

This post was edited

I think we have stoked the fires in regard to stroking the woodie and may now be reaching the embers in the twilight of meaning..I think.

This post was edited

We enjoy the cams in the chat room, we enjoy seeing people on cam when chatting. As mentioned before, just the written word can be interpreted in many different ways, but seeing someone's reaction, laugh, face, gestures, is all a part of adding to the delight of having great conversations, whether the conversations are about cats, the weather, bad jokes, or nudism. Visual acuity is 80% of all human communication, so the cams add a totally different level of understanding. As for behaviour on cam in the chat room, there is much diligence by quite a number of people that use the chat room, to keep inappropriate topics and behaviour out of there.

It is part of the agreement that everyone acknowledges when they click on 'enter' for the chat room to 'flag' those not abiding by the TOS. Flagging those members (secretly with the abuse button, or openly call them out in the chat room), those who 'don't show their faces on cam', or, focus on their crotch (We don't like to stare at your crotch while having a conversation), or, thosewho are providing what 'they' think is sexual entertainment, is a responsibility of each and every one who enters the chat room.

It's a continuous battle to keep this cancer out of chat, and every couple of months it seems like there's a new core of people that must be dealt with. But once you stop being aggressive about flagging, then the cancer will rule and overtake this site. You must be diligent.

You only have two choices when you witness something that you feel is against the TOS.... You can either accept it for what it is, or take on the 'responsibility' of effecting change....

S

This post was edited