RE: Cam Chat, Confused??

We enjoy the cams in the chat room, we enjoy seeing people on cam when chatting. As mentioned before, just the written word can be interpreted in many different ways, but seeing someone's reaction, laugh, face, gestures, is all a part of adding to the delight of having great conversations, whether the conversations are about cats, the weather, bad jokes, or nudism. Visual acuity is 80% of all human communication, so the cams add a totally different level of understanding. As for behaviour on cam in the chat room, there is much diligence by quite a number of people that use the chat room, to keep inappropriate topics and behaviour out of there. It is part of the agreement that everyone acknowledges when they click on 'enter' for the chat room to 'flag' those not abiding by the TOS. Flagging those members (secretly with the abuse button, or openly call them out in the chat room), those who 'don't show their faces on cam', or, focus on their crotch (We don't like to stare at your crotch while having a conversation), or, thosewho are providing what 'they' think is sexual entertainment, is a responsibility of each and every one who enters the chat room. It's a continuous battle to keep this cancer out of chat, and every couple of months it seems like there's a new core of people that must be dealt with. But once you stop being aggressive about flagging, then the cancer will rule and overtake this site. You must be diligent. You only have two choices when you witness something that you feel is against the TOS.... You can either accept it for what it is, or take on the 'responsibility' of effecting change.... S
I agree with what you are saying, as I indicated prior, the concern is new people joining and seeing that. To see who you are chatting with sounds like a great thing for the aforementioned reasons.
It would seem that Baretec has been dealt with by the admin, perhaps the posts above where his way of trying to make some point, not sure.
I guess the only thing that is a little sad is that I joined the chat, all in the room were on cam, if I remember correctly it was 4 or 5, yet none of them did anything about the behaviour, so a question to consider, are you as guilty of that behaviour if you allow it as much as the person doing it?

This post was edited

I agree with what you are saying, as I indicated prior, the concern is new people joining and seeing that. To see who you are chatting with sounds like a great thing for the aforementioned reasons.
It would seem that Baretec has been dealt with by the admin, perhaps the posts above where his way of trying to make some point, not sure.
I guess the only thing that is a little sad is that I joined the chat, all in the room were on cam, if I remember correctly it was 4 or 5, yet none of them did anything about the behaviour, so a question to consider, are you as guilty of that behaviour if you allow it as much as the person doing it?
The others on cam may not have been aware of what he was doing. Just because you are on cam doesn't mean you are watching everyone else's cam. I usually just look at people I am talking to or people I know.

This post was edited

That is a very good point, it is quite possible that they were not even aware of the behaviour. had not thought of that.

This post was edited

if you dont want to be looked at, turn your cam off, if you dont want to see what someone else is doing, dont look. sounds simple to me.
Kenjames, it's even simpler than that! Adhere to the 6 simple rules one has to agree upon to gain access to the chat room or don't come into the chat room.

Jen

This post was edited
Confused

As with any open and free sites your bound to get a few who think it's a sex site just because the word nudity is in the title. There are more than enough chat rooms for adult entertainment online and TN has a very strict and set group of rules for those visiting the chat rooms to follow. If you do see something unethical and against to rules simply flag them and be done with it. I'm more than sure the Admin will respond appropriately as soon as they can. I'm a newbie here and I have read the rules and will abide by them. It's the same as hiking someplace sans clothing if someone is passing you dressed the expected thing to do is cover ones self well the expected thing here is no sexual displays weather alone or with a partner. It's as simple as that and I agree that all must be diligent in weeding out those who have unfortunately thought this to be an adult sexual site for such activity. I am no prude and I do understand that some men find masturbating on a cam is exciting for them we just have to make them understand that this type of activity will not be tolerated in the least. Just my newbie two cents.

This post was edited
RE: Confused

As with any open and free sites your bound to get a few who think it's a sex site just because the word nudity is in the title. There are more than enough chat rooms for adult entertainment online and TN has a very strict and set group of rules for those visiting the chat rooms to follow. If you do see something unethical and against to rules simply flag them and be done with it. I'm more than sure the Admin will respond appropriately as soon as they can. I'm a newbie here and I have read the rules and will abide by them. It's the same as hiking someplace sans clothing if someone is passing you dressed the expected thing to do is cover ones self well the expected thing here is no sexual displays weather alone or with a partner. It's as simple as that and I agree that all must be diligent in weeding out those who have unfortunately thought this to be an adult sexual site for such activity. I am no prude and I do understand that some men find masturbating on a cam is exciting for them we just have to make them understand that this type of activity will not be tolerated in the least. Just my newbie two cents.

Well said mallard. There is another option available now. A moderator in chat can boot the offender from the room immediately. I leave my private messages allowed when I am in chat so people can let me know, and have had it happen several times. By letting us know in a whisper or in PM, we can do something before they turn their cam off because they were warned in the room.
BTW, welcome

This post was edited

I totally agree, its behaviour like that, that causes the wider community to question our lifestyle. very disappointing

This post was edited