Naked failiure.

After meeting my very good friend for a few beverages in the pub the other night, we went back to my house for a few after closing, she knows I dont wear anything in the house if im on my own.
After a while chatting she looked at me saying, If you want to strip off I dont mind its your house do what you like.
I so wanted to but couldn't do it, No idea why.
Im thinking that maybe as it would be the first time with someone there maybe.
Anyone else had this happen or is it just me, being a boob.

This topic was edited
RE: Naked failiure.

No failure there. She gave you permission. That was a big step for her...and you. She obviously found out that you are a nudist. Did you tell her? It did not upset her. Maybe it made her curious so she said you could.Your place could have been chilly that night. Next time she comes over, you can ask her if she was serious. Tell her you did not go nude then because you were not sure if she was just being polite. You can continue by saying you would and that she can join you at any time if she would like.Let us know how this progresses.

This post was edited

Let me get this straight.
You are in your home. - You are a man. - You are drinking with a woman. - She asks you to get naked. - I don't see the problem.

This post was edited

I would have taken that to be an invitation for something more. My consideration would have been if I wanted this relationship to go any further. If I wanted, or would have accepted, a more intimate relationship, then I would have undressed. If nothing further developed, then you still would have been more comfortable in your own home.

This post was edited

Barebuns ... I think you made the right decision. The door will be open again in the future and then you can step through it ... maybe your friend will join you next time. Not doing it this time ... sent the right message that nudity isn't ALWAYS for sex. Good luck next time. :D

This post was edited

thomasstierney: Let me get this straight.You are in your home. - You are a man. - You are drinking with a woman. - She asks you to get naked. - I don't see the problem.Barebunsprofile isset to private but the "more info" on the post says: Female | Peterborough, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom | 40. I think Barebuns made the right decision. Nudity is about being comfortable and sounds like she wouldn't have been at that time. Next time you might try it and if after a short time you are uncomfortable being nude while the other is dressed then you could put a light cover on and explain that you didn't feel right and invite them to join you.

This post was edited

OK. You are in your home. - You are a woman. - You are drinking with another woman. - She asks you to get naked. - Can I watch?I am female she is a very good friend of mine, Its not a sexual thing at all you muppet. and NO you could not watch as there would be nothing to see apart from two old friends chatting.

This post was edited

No failure there. She gave you permission. That was a big step for her...and you. She obviously found out that you are a nudist. Did you tell her? It did not upset her. Maybe it made her curious so she said you could.Your place could have been chilly that night. Next time she comes over, you can ask her if she was serious. Tell her you did not go nude then because you were not sure if she was just being polite. You can continue by saying you would and that she can join you at any time if she would like.Let us know how this progresses.She knows I am now did finally admit to her and she has been great.
Thanks for the constructive advice.
:)

This post was edited

thomasstierney: Let me get this straight.You are in your home. - You are a man. - You are drinking with a woman. - She asks you to get naked. - I don't see the problem.Barebunsprofile isset to private but the "more info" on the post says: Female | Peterborough, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom | 40. I think Barebuns made the right decision. Nudity is about being comfortable and sounds like she wouldn't have been at that time. Next time you might try it and if after a short time you are uncomfortable being nude while the other is dressed then you could put a light cover on and explain that you didn't feel right and invite them to join you.Thank you.
She is a very good friend of mine and has been for some time, sure she understands, but guess I didnt want to make her feel uncomfortable.

This post was edited

Barebuns ... I think you made the right decision. The door will be open again in the future and then you can step through it ... maybe your friend will join you next time. Not doing it this time ... sent the right message that nudity isn't ALWAYS for sex. Good luck next time. :DThanks
Its my decision not to wear clothes, she understands and your so right its not a sexual thing at all its just my preference not to wear clothes.

This post was edited

Another way to broach the subject and opportunity is to change into something more comfortable but still be covered, such as a robe or sarong, depending on temperature of the room. This way you're not fully clothed and not naked and maybe ... this transition from clothed to nude will take a few meetings/gatherings/get togethers, before she and you feel comfortable with you being nude with her and she possibly joining you down the road. I think the majority of those that have experience in being the only one nude around clothed people, certainly applaud your decision to not make your friend feel uncomfortable. :D

This post was edited