RE: Illinois Beach State Park

It's a little cool, but sunny. Who's heading for the beach?

This post was edited

I will be going there today. Should be beautiful!!!

This post was edited

Most of you folks missed a gorgeous day! Warmer than predicted, and clear and sunny.
The lake had pretty high waves, so the North Unit was pretty much unusable: waves came up all the way to the top of the sand. I set down between some bushes so as not to be out in the open, but it wasn't a cozy spot, and immediately afterward some guy and his dog arrived nearby and played in the surf for the whole time I was there, eliminating any skinny-dip possibilities.
After a quick lunch, I hit the south unit, and it was pretty empty: few if any of the usual suspects. I was in a hiking mood and went far south of the river, far enough to sun and swim in peace. There was a couple hiking south, but they probably started at Waukegan, because they never walked back north (I thought they might be one of us, except they never set down).
Even though there were no signs of rangers, it didn't appear that anyone on the main part of the beach was enjoying full sun.

This post was edited

Anyone headed out on Sunday??? Seems like it will be a good day for naked beach time. Message me

This post was edited

Great day no flies and no Rangers. Three naked men and a couple topless women all enjoying the sun today !

This post was edited

Nice to hear.
Anyone ever get out there during the week?

This post was edited

I was there in august and seen the rangers about 4 times so couldn't sunbath

This post was edited

Heading out there today. Not sure how many more days like this we are going to have so I'm taking full advantage.

This post was edited

I was there in august and seen the rangers about 4times so couldn't sunbath
Here now no flies or Rangers
Just sun and waves.

This post was edited

I was there in august and seen the rangers about 4times so couldn't sunbath
Here now no flies or Rangers
Just sun and waves.

Seem to always miss you. I'm going to try for next Thursday and Friday.

This post was edited