RE: Illinois Beach State Park

Probably the best weather we've had all season today.Cooler than last weekend, but after about 1PM the clouds were gone, a nice breeze off the lake dismissing the bugs and pushing warm surface water to the shore, the place was a delight.
The main nature center beach was relatively crowded -- a couple folks in thongs, but definitely didn't seem like a good day to let it all hang loose. On the other hand, almost nobody on the north unit. Either walk north from Hosah Park (Zion park district right next to the old power plant), or south from the gate by the Sand Pond in the North Unit. Lots of coves and fallen trees that let you be out of view while seeing folks from a long way off.
Around 5PM I was in the mood for a quick skinny dip, and just that moment a guy arrived a couple hundred yards away with his bicycle. I almost thought he was going to strip off, but he didn't (not sure if my demonstrating the best kind of beach use would have been a positive or negative). I waited him out, and got one last swim in before leaving.
Don't think I'll get back there again tomorrow, but next weekend looks to be another scorcher.
Oh, and try La Poblanita, a new taco joint in the back half of a Mexican bakery. Great tacos al pastor for $1.90, on the west side of Sheridan just south of 27th.

This post was edited

Another beautiful day on the beach. Morning on the north unit: more people than usual, but still got a lot of sun. While wearing a thong in the quite-warm lake I tried to convince two women to take a swim, but they complained that they didn't have swimsuits. I evidently wasn't convincing enough about them not being necessary.
The south unit nature center beach had average crowds, typical number of guys in the grassy parts of the shore, but no nudity. It was pretty safe past the dead river (one other guy in a thong, a couple in skimpy but not quite thong suits).
Ranger tracks looked old -- I didn't seem them in the couple hours I was there.
Oh, and the taco joint is Los 3 Hermanos - they're just replacing the signs.

This post was edited

I was at ibsp on sat AND sun. Beautiful weather and I had my new see thru thong on. I saw some folks but not too many. Did u see me? Tall lean tan backpack. Got a nice blowjob on my way back to car Saturday and was mostly nude around the river on sunPossible that I saw you just south of the river, right?
Please keep the sex out of the park. Simple nudity may annoy people, but open sex is likely to result in more patrols and enforcement.

This post was edited

They need to go ahead and make a section for nudists. That area is not busy, ao they can use that spot. There are a lot of hidden nudists in upper Illinois and have a nude beach will help bring them and their money to the beach. I'll bet that beach will be crowded if they made that the one nude beach in Illinois.Unlikely without a change to the laws.Frankly, I think that it's more likely that we'll see a topless beach in the city of Chicago proper to bring in European (and European-minded) tourists.

This post was edited

The laws won't change until peoples attitudes change. I don't see that happening any time soon.Yes, the beach probably would draw larger crowds if there were a nude section, but I doubt that the park service would welcome that. They are so underfunded right now because of the Illinois budget problem, that I doubt that could handle larger crowds. With the limited budget they have right now, they probably like that the park is under utilized.i would be fine with a daily fee to use a nude section of the beach.illinois needs money so fine make a couple of bucks and free up the rangers to do more of what they are suppose to do.it seems the rangers are wasting time chasing topless or nude people around. so charge entrance fee, make moneylet us enjoy ourselves.....everybody wins!

This post was edited

But doesn't our state law say you basically can be nude as long as you aren't being lewd or intending to arouse anyone in the process? I mean, if that weren't the case, our WNBR wouldn't actually have nudity in it, but it's there (and this year, bike cops rode WITH us, so it's not like the city doesn't know what's up) What exactly needs to change? Clearer rules?Note:I am not a lawyer, I could be wrong here.
You would seem to be right:https://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/State_Laws_Frames/Illinois_Laws/body_illinois_laws.html
Zion's law appears to be substantially similar:https://www.municode.com/library/il/zion/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=MUCO_CH62OFMIPR_ARTIINGE_S62-23PUIN
However, the State Parks have additional regulations:https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/adrules/documents/17-110.pdf
Section 110.175 Nudity Prohibited
It shall be unlawful for any person to sunbathe nude, or expose their genital area in a public place
on Department owned or controlled property.
(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 12556, effective August 7, 2000)
The good news is that this is only a Class B Misdemeanor, which means that three strikes doesn't roll up to be a felony, and it is not considered a sex crime unlike the indecency statute. However, they can still arrest you, kick you out and prohibit you from returning.

This post was edited

Dan,Glad to hear the use is picking up. At some point, it'll become a Movement. :)I haven't had a chance to get out there on a weekday in quite some time, or even the last couple weekends... maybe next week.

This post was edited

Apparently Monday isn't the day for naturists.I got there around 1:30PM; a half-dozen guys in thongs on the south unit. I prefer solitude so I walked down about a block south of the river. As I set up my blanket, someone else set up right next to the river... and stayed thonged, so I did not take full advantage... but he left after about 15 minutes, letting me get a bit more sun, and a swim.
But I left my water jug at home... so I couldn't stay too long, had to rehydrate. Afterward, I went up to the north unit and spent several hours on my favorite spot. Not another soul was seen until I was on my way out just after 5.
Novel sightings: Three turkey vultures cleaning a fish carcass just south of the river; a brand-new PFD washed ashore on the north unit, made a nice pillow for leaning against a fallen tree.

This post was edited

Out here now and nude

This post was edited

I got there a little after 2:00. A few thonged guys and no one was nude. There were also enough textile beach walkers to make nudity more risky, so I stayed thonged, except when I went in the lake for a swim....Later on, I noticed a nude couple a little ways north of me. They were a little hidden by the grass, but could be clearly viewed as someone passed walking along the beach. A couple of times when beach walkers went by, I noticed they didn't cover up.Sounds like I should have stuck around a little longer:)

This post was edited