RE: Illinois Beach State Park

Haven't been to Kemil in years. Never saw any nudity there, but there were always folks heading into the dunes. Nice beach, a little far from parking, though.
I tended to prefer Central beach, further east by a bit. It's small, and hemmed in on the west by large stone shoreline (people don't tend to walk in from there). I'm not sure how populated it is these days, if people have pushed that way with Mt Baldy being closedI never saw more than one other guy nude there, but nudity appeared to be ignored by the rest of the beachgoers. Note that Indiana *State* beaches enforce heavily, but the National Lakeshore areas are rather sparsely patrolled.

This post was edited

Your right MXQ, the state beach is more patrolled but with budget cutbacks and this being November I'm hoping the patrols are at a minimum. I'll be at Kimal on Tuesday and if no one is there maybe drive over to Central for a hike. Even if there is no all over tanning it promises to be a great end of season outing.

This post was edited

Today is it! Once the fog burns off I'm spending the day at Illinois Beach State Park South. Should be the perfect day for getting the last of the tan and hanging out with others.

This post was edited

I am soooo bummed that I did not make it there. Please tell me it was awesome!

This post was edited

It will be warm again very soon and I can't wait to go out and enjoy the beach.

This post was edited

It will be warm again very soon and I can't wait to go out and enjoy the beach.I hear you - I've been jonesing for a beach day, even though I had a couple in Florida earlier this month (with brief discreet nudity). My rule is the first non-rainy day where it hits 75 (inland) will put me on the beach, even if I have to call in sick at work. I think there was one while I was on vacation, so I'm still waiting.

This post was edited

How Warm does it need to get before you will venture back to the beach?

This post was edited

How Warm does it need to get before you will venture back to the beach?My rule is that the first day that Chicago has a forecast temp of 75F or higher I'm out there. I missed one day while I was on vacation, so tomorrow is it!
The wind will be from the east, though, meaning that it will probably be in the 50s at best at IBSP. Somewhat chilly... but it still beats the June black flies.

This post was edited

Where the heck is everyone? I'm all alone out here (posting from the beach)

This post was edited

I wish I lived closer to the beach but its like a 2 hour drive for me

This post was edited