RE: Illinois Beach State Park

What board is that?

This post was edited

I was out on Sunday too, and followed my usual pattern: Morning on the North unit, quick lunch followed by a walk on the South only to discover it too occupied for discreet sunning and too sparse for social sunning, and a return to the North.
The lake level appears to have dropped some: You can walk the beach north of 21st St. again. There are a number of mini-coves which make it possible to see people from a long way away through the brush while still being hidden. While it was more crowded than previous weekends, it was still pretty quiet up there.

This post was edited

Great weekend on the beach. I spent the entirety of Saturday morning on the North unit, didn't see a soul within shouting distance except on my way in and out. Unfortunately I had to be somewhere in the afternoon.
So I went back again this afternoon. The north unit had a fairly large number of people (maybe 10). I was probably spotted skinny dipping by one couple. That same couple was (ahem) fornicating when I was leaving -- they were in a rather hidden cove and didn't see me walking toward them until I was right in front of them.
So I went to the south beach, and surprise: there were actually nude people for a change. As usual lots of thongs, a couple of guys nude, and two women sunning top free.
A beautiful day on the beach.

This post was edited

Sounds absolutely perfect.

This post was edited

Another beautiful weekend.The North unit saw more visitors than usual, but with the high spring lake levels receding, there are some nice, secluded spots for sunning, where you can see people coming from a long way off and cover up, although discreet skinny-dips are less likely due to being closer to other people. No other naturists sighted
The South unit, when I visited on Saturday, had a number of thonged individuals, perhaps one or two nude.
So come on out, and bring your friends!

This post was edited

90 degrees in September? Hell yes, I'm going to the beach!Who's with me today?

This post was edited

Not sure how many days we have left, but I'm spending Thursday 9/10 out at the beach by the river. South unit should be very nice.

This post was edited

Forecast looks nice for next Monday-Wednesday. Now to figure out how too make it happen with work...

This post was edited

Not sure how many days we have left, but I'm spending Thursday 9/10 out at the beach by the river. South unit should be very nice.So how was it? Ranger danger gone for the season? Anyone else participating? Almost every time I've been there this summer, it's been just a few thonged folk, nobody more daring than that.

This post was edited

Well my plan is to be as naked as I can be at the south end by the river on this Thursday. Should be nice and I hope a few of you come out and enjoy the weather with me.

This post was edited